SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone ever deal with Bob's Watches?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone ever deal with Bob's Watches? Login/Join 
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted
I decided to sell my Rolex and have been trading emails with Bob's Watches for them to buy it.

They seem to be legit but I'm a bit nervous shipping off my watch to get the final decision on value.

Thanks!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
im in the market to buy one, send me an email maybe we can work it out.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have not dealt with them, but Bob's has a good reputation.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Which model? Their are many Rolex fans here. I'll bet you could move it here in the classifieds.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I contacted Bob's Watches a few weeks ago when I was thinking about selling my Omega Seamaster. They were selling a watch identical to mine that was in lesser condition for $2800 and offered me $1400 for mine. I have the box, paperwork, original receipt and extra links. I mean I know how these things work, but half it's value? I've seen that same watch for at $2400 at a number of places.

I passed and may put it on the classifieds here. I think you'd do much better trying to sell it yourself.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
I contacted Bob's Watches a few weeks ago when I was thinking about selling my Omega Seamaster. They were selling a watch identical to mine that was in lesser condition for $2800 and offered me $1400 for mine. I have the box, paperwork, original receipt and extra links. I mean I know how these things work, but half it's value? I've seen that same watch for at $2400 at a number of places.

I passed and may put it on the classifieds here. I think you'd do much better trying to sell it yourself.

Half price is a pretty common offer. Don't expect getting close to the retail price.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Yes, half retail (or a touch more) is what you would expect when selling like that.

There are lots of reasons, but that is totally normal.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since it's a Rolex they don't depreciate that much at all and depending on the age they go up in value.

You should sell it privately you'll get top dollar for it vs selling it to a re-seller who will low ball you.

Another place is Watchuwant inc you negotiate a price then if you agree you mail the watch to them they pay for over night shipping, after inspection that it's as you describe they pay you.

Still best thing to do is sell it in person or the classifieds unless you really need money now.

Shoot me a email I work on watches I can give you a estimate of what it's worth so you know how much to ask.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Reach out to David Truong in the forum here. He's totally trustworthy and will let you know what you should expect for a fair price. He may even make you an offer, I believe he sells preowned Rolex's as well but I could be wrong.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what kind of Rolex? i have 2 myself and am looking for another few to round out my collection.
Where in Nor Cal are you ?
call or email Jacek at www.HQMilton.com they are in downtown SF and are very fair in their dealings as well.

Posts: 4761 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice everyone. Bob's is the only one I have reached out to so far. I figured they might low ball me. I'll check with David Troung.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1524 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:
Since it's a Rolex they don't depreciate that much at all and depending on the age they go up in value.

You should sell it privately you'll get top dollar for it vs selling it to a re-seller who will low ball you.

Another place is Watchuwant inc you negotiate a price then if you agree you mail the watch to them they pay for over night shipping, after inspection that it's as you describe they pay you.

Still best thing to do is sell it in person or the classifieds unless you really need money now.

Shoot me a email I work on watches I can give you a estimate of what it's worth so you know how much to ask.

Thanks dfens. I don't see an email for you.

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
Reach out to David Truong in the forum here. He's totally trustworthy and will let you know what you should expect for a fair price. He may even make you an offer, I believe he sells preowned Rolex's as well but I could be wrong.

Exactly what I was going to say, David is a great guy and will treat you fairly.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shoot me a email
There's no email address in your profile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:

Agree 100%

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Yes. Seriously. Why aren't you working with Dave on this?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the nice words. Hapevo, my email isdavid@mimisjewelryinc.com. I don't have to purchase your watch I can give you options and let you know what market is wholessale and retail.

Thank you!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

It isn't age. It is the model. A 40 year old Datejust won't be very valuable. The first reference number of a GMT will be valuable. Certain Submariner variants can be very valuable. Age alone won't make a Rolex valuable.

Again, Bob's offer is not a low-ball. It is what you expect by selling to a re-seller. It will be a lower price than you get by selling it yourself, but you save the trouble of selling it yourself. I have no interest in Bob's Watches, but he isn't cheating you with that offer.

posted Hide Post
If it is a seadweller let me know

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

It isn't age. It is the model. A 40 year old Datejust won't be very valuable. The first reference number of a GMT will be valuable. Certain Submariner variants can be very valuable. Age alone won't make a Rolex valuable.

Again, Bob's offer is not a low-ball. It is what you expect by selling to a re-seller. It will be a lower price than you get by selling it yourself, but you save the trouble of selling it yourself. I have no interest in Bob's Watches, but he isn't cheating you with that offer.

Thanks jhe888. It's a GMT I bought new in 1991.