SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a router bit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a router bit Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I need to make a stamp and I need something finer than my 60° bit. 30° should work, 15° would be better. 1/4" shank. I'm not having luck finding this.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Freud-4...ith+1%2F4-Inch+Shank

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Posts: 309 | Location: Clackamas, OR | Registered: January 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
If you can hunt up a 1/8" collet that fits your router, there are any number of Dremel bits in HSS or diamond tip that would work. Alternatively, you might want to look for 1/4" shank bits intended for a RotoZip.

Posts: 6457 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
If you can hunt up a 1/8" collet that fits your router, there are any number of Dremel bits in HSS or diamond tip that would work. Alternatively, you might want to look for 1/4" shank bits intended for a RotoZip.
That opens up a lot of options. Thanks.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Try looking at CNC router bits. I found this lettering set that might have what you're looking for.

link

If all else fails, and you've got a steady hand, you could try grinding away at a larger bit to make what you need.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Try looking at CNC router bits. I found this lettering set that might have what you're looking for.

link

If all else fails, and you've got a steady hand, you could try grinding away at a larger bit to make what you need.
The lettering bit may work for some of what I need. Thanks. I swear I looked on that site for an hour and didn't see any of that. Their search function sucks. Lol

posted Hide Post
Toolstoday.com Amana sign making/engraving bits. 15 degree and 18 degree carbide. I have been very pleased with their quality. American made iirc.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:

link

The lettering bit may work for some of what I need. Thanks. I swear I looked on that site for an hour and didn't see any of that. Their search function sucks. Lol

Yeah, I learned a long time ago to just ignore the search function entirely on most vendors' sites and instead go to the "router bits" category and look for myself. Amazon and ebay are honestly the only sites where I trust the search function.

Hope it works out for you.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post