SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    About ShipMyGun.com
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About ShipMyGun.com Login/Join 
Picture of galil4x4
posted
Has anyone used this process to ship guns? They seem to have a good thing going as far as cost is concerned. A lot better than UPS for handguns.

Posts: 977 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I used them for a pistol. Pretty painless, but I didn't get the option to choose a carrier and luckily they gave me FedEx that is an easier hub for me to get to.

It takes a bit to get the label, I was expecting it to be generated on checkout. I can't recall how long it took, less than a day I believe.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of galil4x4
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was told they use FedEx only. Word of mouth, though.

Posts: 977 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I used them a few weeks ago, they've got an agreement with fed ex

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are good to go and a pleasure to deal with.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of galil4x4
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by galil4x4:
Thanks. I was told they use FedEx only. Word of mouth, though.

I used them August of last year. It was a tossup of UPS/FedEx at the time. Going dedicated FedEx removes my only complaint about using them.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
They are Buds Gun Shop and they only use FedEx , they switched over from UPS a while back.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear they use FedEx. While I had fantastic luck with FedEx in the Bay Area and used them a lot for customer stuff with great results and never a complaint, for some reason they are as useless as two dead flies here. Here, our UPS drivers are the bomb. For the rest of you guys, I hope your experience with FedEx is like mine used to be.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Shipmygun is GTG. I used them when I sold a bolt action rifle. Way cheaper than FEDEX and you're still shipping via FEDEX.

Please note that if the recipient wants his favorite FFL to get signed up (as opposed to using someone already registered), it takes a couple days for the FFL and Bud's to get them registered on Shipmygun.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I realize this is an old thread.
But is ShipMyGun.com still the best bet for shipping a long gun ?
I assume the advantage is just pricing, since I still need to drop it off ? Also, what shipper are the currently using ?
Thanks.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I gave up waiting for my label last time I tried to use them. It just never arrived and I was never able to reach anyone in customer service. The first time I tried them about a year earlier, I think it took three days for my label to get generated from the time I clicked "submit."

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Are USPS rules different in Ca? In Indiana/Kentucky an individual can ship long guns using USPS, no need for an ffl.

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Are USPS rules different in Ca? In Indiana/Kentucky an individual can ship long guns using USPS, no need for an ffl.

Looking at selling a rifle and a shotgun. I know I can ship these myself direct to the buyers FFL. Just sounded like using ShipMyGun might save some money on the shipping costs. But it sounds like it may not be worth the trouble.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

Looking at selling a rifle and a shotgun. I know I can ship these myself direct to the buyers FFL. Just sounded like using ShipMyGun might save some money on the shipping costs. But it sounds like it may not be worth the trouble.

go online and create an account at USPS, UPS and FedEx,

then compare rates for the package,

you will need a scale, or know the rate (rounded up to the next pound, as in 5lbs 6 oz is actually 6 lbs)

you can box and print your label and just drop off

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
I've used them multiple times and its very convenient. The only real issue is their not user friendly label creation process, and it can take a few days for them to generate a label for you once submitted...but usually you get your label the next day. Their customer service is really hard to reach though. All in all its a good service that could be great with some minor improvements.

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Which sounds pretty much like Bud's Guns.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
You have to do your own packaging?

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I'm a sample of one but I used SMG for a purchase (seller insisted on it) and it was a nightmare. I won't use them again if I have a choice.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I gave up waiting for my label last time I tried to use them. It just never arrived and I was never able to reach anyone in customer service. The first time I tried them about a year earlier, I think it took three days for my label to get generated from the time I clicked "submit."

Same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I never received the label and could never get through to customer service.
I had used them before but will not try to use them again.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post