SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    About ShipMyGun.com
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

About ShipMyGun.com Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this. I'll have to check it out

Posts: 9 | Registered: January 25, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I don't understand how SMG works.

They generate a label for you? How would they make money and make it cheaper for you to ship?

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Bud's, or another ffl, can ship a handgun for under $20 using USPS.

I, as a non-ffl, cannot ship a handgun using USPS and am forced to use Fedex or UPS and pay for overnight shipping, often $60-80.

SMG let's me ship on Bud's ffl but, instead of $20, Bud's doubles price and charges me $40 thereby making themselves a $20 profit. Still 1/3 to 1/2 under what other carriers charge so I save some money and Bud's makes some money.

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
SMG let's me ship on Bud's ffl but, instead of $20, Bud's doubles price and charges me $40 thereby making themselves a $20 profit. Still 1/3 to 1/2 under what other carriers charge so I save some money and Bud's makes some money.

Thank you, now I understand.

Reading through some of the older posts, some posters were saying it would take days to receive a label and others said they never received one at all.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used them late last year and it was pretty painless.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post