SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heinz mayo + ketchup?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heinz mayo + ketchup? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was in Walmart the other day and saw Helmanns ketchup, it looked like regular ketchup maybe a lighter color red, tasted more like mayo than ketchup and it was sweetened with honey, now I'm seeing all these references to the Heinz mayochup. My wife works in a complex that also houses Heinz R&D and they send out emails all the time asking people to participate in taste testings and last week it was the mayochup. I much prefer to make my own sauces.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Throw a little relish in, and you have McD's special sauce.

Wasn't that also 1000 Island dressing made at home back in the olden days?

Still today. One of my favorites.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
Lol, as a Utah native it is mind boggling to me that this ubiquitous combination of condiments is so outside the box that it warrants a news story. I guess we really are weird here.

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Direkt:
Lol, as a Utah native it is mind boggling to me that this ubiquitous combination of condiments is so outside the box that it warrants a news story. I guess we really are weird here.

No kidding

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's been here since what, the 1950's? I think it strange Heinz thought they were breaking new ground with this marketing campaign. I also read Walmart is selling funeral potatoes. Maybe next someone will get the idea to start selling green jello nationwide. Smile

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
funeral potatoes?

Edit: Just checked the web. Hadn’t heard of ‘em before.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp...otatoes%3fsource=dam

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Direkt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
funeral potatoes?

Edit: Just checked the web. Hadn’t heard of ‘em before.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp...otatoes%3fsource=dam

Next you'll tell me you've never seen a Seagull eat a cricket. Razz

Posts: 461 | Location: South Jordan, UT | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I just like mayo with my fries.
Always got weird looks, then I went into a burger joint in Belgium and realized it's normal there !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:

It's been here since what, the 1950's? I think it strange Heinz thought they were breaking new ground with this marketing campaign. I also read Walmart is selling funeral potatoes. Maybe next someone will get the idea to start selling green jello nationwide. Smile

Only if it includes shredded carrots.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I like mustard, mayo, and onions on my hotdogs. Do you think they could make Turdmato for me?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
I just like mayo with my fries.
Always got weird looks, then I went into a burger joint in Belgium and realized it's normal there !!

Yeah, in France also it's always mayo with fries. Never ketchup.

They also use mayo with crab legs, lobster, langoustine, etc. Never butter. I prefer mayo now as well. My wife and I always get weird looks when we ask for mayo in a crab joint in the US.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post