SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LEOs confuse bird poop and cocaine, College quarterback arrested and suspended, and college QB vindicated
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEOs confuse bird poop and cocaine, College quarterback arrested and suspended, and college QB vindicated Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
You have to wonder what really motivates some of these LE to do stupid shit like this?
I remember someone getting arrested for icing of a donut on his floor in his car a while back?
Pressure to come up with arrests to validate their importance maybe?
God, I love these guys but it makes my head shake with amazement. Confused

I've said it before on here I think, that while I am also a big supporter of LE it seems drugs (or even the remote possibility of drugs) is like catnip to cops. Maybe it's a product of the war on drugs and pressure/accolades from the brass, or maybe just their honest desire to get drugs off the street. Either way it seems just about every traffic stop involves officers asking if they can search the vehicle for contraband.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the white substance was on the outside of the car on the hood, there's no need to ask to search inside.

Seem like the were targeting this college QB for some reason.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:

...I guess there's the old standby in the South - driving while black?

That's pretty much a nationwide thing.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Alright, we have got ourselves a “WAR ON DRUGS” reference.

No knock warrants???? Anyone? No knock warrants going once.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

No-knock on the door before they went seat-diving for more poop.

It must be nice to work somewhere that you're so slow you can be scraping bird shit off a hood. I haven't even eaten in the last 3 nights. Clearly I'm doing it wrong.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Any idea how much crap causes false positives?
It’s been looked at before

Real reliable tests! Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the dash cam video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhvZYmYDGs

Seems like this type of stuff is happening more and more

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
False positives happen. It costs money to have good drug screens. Roadside test kits have lots of problems.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
We have completely stopped using field test kits. If we’re not sure, we just seize it and have our lab test it. If it’s positive we will take out warrants later.

In most cases it’s pretty evident. Usually there is associated paraphernalia. Even in those cases it gets tested before trial.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have completely stopped using field test kits. If we’re not sure, we just seize it and have our lab test it. If it’s positive we will take out warrants later.

I am glad to hear this. Drug testing is getting better and more reliable. Some of the tests they use for folks on probation are horrible. Not even checking for adulterants.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

I am glad to hear this. Drug testing is getting better and more reliable. Some of the tests they use for folks on probation are horrible. Not even checking for adulterants.

I haven’t used one in years. Nothing to do with false positives, and everything to do with not exposing myself to whatever crap is in the bag. Well, that and the fact that I have a multi-million dollar lab that will tell me one way or another.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
Here is the dash cam video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhvZYmYDGs

Seems like this type of stuff is happening more and more

Weird that you would post negative things about cops, and then likely run.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...540072754#5540072754

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
[quote]Well, that and the fact that I have a multi-million dollar lab that will tell me one way or another.[/quote

Wow. Kentucky has the bucks for this. Impressive. Do you have to send it out to be tested?
The drug testing industry is booming.

posted Hide Post
Chongo said it. I did not field test anything. It was sent to the lab for ID. If it was in the amounts that our dope unit was interested, I TOTed the lab report to them. In the time when pot was illegal, I even sent it in for ID. Our prosecutors office required a lab report for the case to proceed.
Often, I had other arrest-able offenses on the doper, so he / she was jailed on those charges. The dope possession was bonus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Could be worse. Cop could have planted the coke/bird shit like this shitbag in Florida.

https://youtu.be/UANRvFNc0hw

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Like Chongo n Yoopersaid, it’s so much easier to send it to the state lab w/o possibly exposing yourself to PCP or any other unknown substance... when I was on the street, I was more worried about pcp exposure than most things....

And it’s pretty easy to figure out what stuff is in the side of the road...
Baggies...check
Green vegetable type leaf...check
Scales....check
Smells like weed/skunk....marijuana

Baggies...
White rocklike subject
Scales

And so on. Or you could just ask said perpetrator, most of the guys I hooked up would tell you what stuff was. The only problem was the guys would put PCP in weed, cocaine,crack, and everything else...I dunno what the deal was with PCP in Wilson but it was everywhere.

But I would smack another officer who for one second thought bird shit was cocaine......does anyone else hide their stuff on the exterior of their car hidden like birdshot? You fucking dummy.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But why did they have to shoot his dog?

Posts: 1803 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can I have civil forfeiture for $500, Johnny?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
The question should be how did the bird do a line of coke before shitting on the car?!!!!

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:

Can I have civil forfeiture for $500, Johnny?

I like the way you roll, big man. Don't be afraid to strut. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com