SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone have the new Kindle Oasis?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have the new Kindle Oasis? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
If so, how do you like it? I’m especially interested in battery life under real reading conditions. My Kindle Voyage just died (I dropped it one to many times I guess) and I’m looking for a new Kindle.
Thanks!

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have the original Kindle Paper White, so I’m in real need of an upgrade. But I won’t get the Oasis because it still has the miserable micro-USB jack. I’m trying to hold out for a Kindle with a USB-C jack.

Sounds as though you aren’t in a position to hold out though.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8930 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife one when they were first introduced. Keeping in mind she is the type who sunbathes via the back light on her phone she has never complained about battery life.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I have the latest (9th) Gen Oasis and like it a lot. It's a little wider, but shorter than the Voyage. While the Voyage will fit in a hip jeans pocket, the Oasis won't. Oasis seems lighter, good battery life AFAIK. And I believe it's splash proof.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post