SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else buy into Dogecoin early?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else buy into Dogecoin early? Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Etherium though....

I sold back at $320 when I had tripled my money.

Those same coins would be worth $1,258 at today's current pricing.

I've never been a HODLer...I wish I had been.

I still can't believe it every time I run into my old FFL. He's 2 years older than me...and never going to work again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Do you have to transfer funds to an account to buy?

I have a accounts at SoFi and Coinbase, and for them, you do have to transfer in money from a bank account. I think there's a way to use a credit card for at least one of them, but if I recall correctly, the amount of crypto you could purchase on a card was lower than what I wanted.

What I did was set up a savings account w/my bank to move money into, and then transfer it to the crypto service. I didn't want the crypto service being connected to a bank account that had money not intended specifically for crypto purchases.

EDIT: It doesn't look like Dogecoin is available on SoFi nor Coinbase.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
I use Voyager (they are publicly traded as well) and Coinbase. I MUCH prefer Voyager. There are no commissions and a bunch more cryptos available to trade including DOGE which coinbase does not have. The problem with Crypto brokers is no one broker does everything you might want. One cool thing Voyager does offer is interest on many cryptos, and it doesn't take that much to maintain in the account to get anywhere from 4-8% yearly interest...WAY better than a bank account and depending on the crypto, around average of an S&P 500 index fund. So crypto is a part of my diversification strategy.

***EDITED***

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I bought $500 of Doge @0.04. I bailed too early. Iffin I had hodl I would have $7500 right now. Frown

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking into some of this lately. Took the plunge and opened a Coinbase acct. bought some cardano-ada to figure it all out

Buying it was easy, the wallets, stakes etc etc etc stuff I’m working on

Looking at just leaving it and seeing what happens for a while. (The whole HODL reference thing bugs me)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post