SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much was your turkey.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much was your turkey. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
~$6, I'm having mini turkeys (Cornish Game Hens). I have a 10 hour shift Thursday and wife is working too. No time for Thanksgiving this year.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
.68 lb.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Neighbor is a chef. I got a locally slaughtered bird. Killed about an hour before he got it, and a few hours before I got it. It wasn’t fully cold when I got it. It’s been in the fridge since last night.

My neighbor gave it to me for free.

Thing is, we don’t like turkey. So I’ll brine and smoke it and bring it in for my employees at work.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
$0.48/lb frozen at Wegmans.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.39 cents a pound for a frozen 20 pounder. It'll go on the grill tomorrow like I always do on Thanksgiving.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Work gives employees a turkey every year. Since I'm a single guy, I get a turkey breast. A whole turkey is too much turkey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Publix 29 lb young frozen bird came to $14.21 !!
Remarked to the wife it almost scares me
that we paid the exact same amount per lb as
the sweet potatoes were.

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I try not to pay over $.50 a pound. This year I paid the "I need it now" price of ~$1.50 a lb, and I wasn't very thrilled with that.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
$90 at Publix gets you (it's already cooked even, but you have to heat it up at home):

One 16- to 18-pound fully cooked Butterball turkey
5 pounds of dressing
5 pounds of mashed potatoes
64 ounces of Publix gravy
56 ounces of Marshmallow Delight
32 ounces of Publix cranberry orange relish

Posts: 10911 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p113565:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
.49 for Publix house brand.

Ditto, $.49/lb. frozen at Publix and Kroger in Savannah.
Billy

Got two fresh at Costmore for $99 a pound, they have organic fresh turkeys at $3 a pound...

I checked my Poooblux, and that's the Frozen price for Publix brand $.49, Butterball frozen is $.99 at least at my store.

The Fresh Birds are $3.99 a pound for Butterball, Greenwise is $1.69 fresh

https://www.publix.com/search/...hTerm=fresh%20turkey

Posts: 23389 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
"Free". I bought a $30.00 spiral sliced ham and they included a turkey

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
We're also having pork. Not sure how it's prepared because I rarely venture in to the kitchen, though I'm sure I'll have to open the wine sooner or later Smile Wife is from the UK and likes turkey for Christmas so we'll have it then.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
1.99 per pound for bone-in turkey breast

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.37 per pound for a frozen butterball.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Got two fresh at Costmore for $99 a pound...

You win! Razz

Posts: 10911 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Wife bought a frozen turkey for $.39 a pound.

We are 3 adults, she figures it will provide at least 2 meals for us, plus left overs. I think she paid about 6 bucks for it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm one of the cheaper guys here (not usually-just happened).

It's just me and my lovely wife who still doesn't have any sense of smell or taste.

I went to Publix, but all of the fresh turkeys were HUGE!

I found an 11 pound frozen Butterball for $10.91 and it is just now getting thawed.

I'll make it with my Grandmother's recipe for dressing, a corn soufflé of sorts and cranberry sauce for sides. It'll last us through the weekend, I think. And there's Publix Pumpkin and Coconut Cream pie.

I'm hungry now!

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not much of a Turkey fan, especially the white meat. Instead, I have 4 full racks of baby back pork ribs to go into the smoker tomorrow. Of course, there is the REQUIRED Bloody Mary to watch it smoke and be sure that all is well. I will then vacuum seal the left-overs for later.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I am not much of a Turkey fan, especially the white meat. Instead, I have 4 full racks of baby back pork ribs to go into the smoker tomorrow. Of course, there is the REQUIRED Bloody Mary to watch it smoke and be sure that all is well. I will then vacuum seal the left-overs for later.

I see no problems with this.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Got mine as a “bonus” from work. Not really worth the 02:00 shifts this week, but what are you going to do?

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post