SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking For A Seat Cushion.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For A Seat Cushion. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
At the rifle range area in the gun club I belong to, there are tables to shoot from, and folding chairs. I need to sit higher, so I'm looking for a cushion, sort of like what you might bring to a bleacher seat in a sport stadium.

I can visualize what I want, a vinyl (or cloth) covered square cushion*, maybe 3" or 4" thick, with a carrying handle. Just plain, no sports team logo or anything, I'm looking for cheap.

I know that I have seen these before, I just can not remember where. Neither Amazon nor eBay turns up what I'm looking for. I might not be entering the proper search parameters.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about and where to find one?
*NOTE: For some reason, the one that I keep visualizing is blue. I don't know why, I really don't care about the color, except maybe not pink. Maybe one that I saw some time in the past was blue and that's why I keep thinking about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
We've used the floating cushions that we use on our boat and float trips. Walmart sells them for $10-$15 or so. If you want a purpose made version, look for "stadium seat cushions".

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

We've used the floating cushions that we use on our boat and float trips. Walmart sells them for $10-$15 or so. If you want a purpose made version, look for "stadium seat cushions".
Ah, thank you! A trip to Walmart will be scheduled. Do you know how thick these are? I'm looking for 3" or 4".

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Usually 2. Maybe grab 2 and stack.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5051 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Stop by a garage sale, church sale, or the local thrift store...

I’d go with a stadium seat as it provide another use for it...

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Ah, thank you! A trip to Walmart will be scheduled. Do you know how thick these are? I'm looking for 3" or 4".

They're 2.5" thick (West Marine and Kent brands).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Ha, I was gonna suggest a Throwable PFD like you’d see in a small boat, and Sigforum took six minutes to get you the info!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
You had better take an extra magazine along!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ACeN2Awf-/

[/QUOTE]Ah, thank you! A trip to Walmart will be scheduled.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
How about this from bed bath beyond.
I just measured it and it’s 2.5” thick

https://www.bedbathhome.com/73...eEAQYCCABEgIIhvD_BwE

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

The center hole provides much needed pathway for cooling breezes in the hot FL summers, and a fast exit for any personal evacuations that are necessary..

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Rural King sells 3” thick treestand cushions.

Link.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Tree stand cushions?

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The center hole provides much needed pathway for cooling breezes in the hot FL summers, and a fast exit for any personal evacuations that are necessary..

I think that photo belongs in the Brazilian President thread

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the green foam ones from Menard's, watch for them on sale, two for $5.

Guidesman 13" x 14" Seat Cushion
Model Number: 1758538 Menards® SKU: 1758538

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post