Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F35 Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
Mrs Greener and I went to the Commisary at Eglin AFB yesterday. While waiting Rylee and I watched several formations of F35's taking off. I have been around air bases for 48 years and have seen many aircraft but this is one impressive and nimble aircraft. Talking to pilots who fly them it is clear they are enthusiastic about this airframe. I know there are many criticisms of the F35 and its cost but it is nevertheless thrilling to see this kind of American power.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Playing golf at Falcon Golf Club (SE of Luke AFB) can be more fun sometimes, as far as seeing aircraft, than playing Falcon Dunes (N side of Luke).

Last time I was there when we were on the west side of the golf course, 2 F35s took off simultaneously and flew by us 150' off the ground about Driver distance away.
There was a lil' bit of a rumble. Big Grin

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I sell a lot of tooling to the machining facilities for the F35. Despite being a very small cog in the manufacturing process I still feel a lot of pride being a part of it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post