SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon app on iPhone – minor annoyance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon app on iPhone – minor annoyance Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I have the Amazon app on my iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6. Sometimes I want to get the Amazon URL for some product that I’ve purchased. In Safari, I enter enough description in the “search” field to be sure that the product will be among the “finds”. But when I click on the “find”, the product opens in the Amazon app instead of Safari. And in the Amazon app I’ve not found any way to capture the URL.

Any suggestions? As of now, my work-around is to search for the product from my MacBook instead my iPhone.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Under add to cart on your app look for “share” then you can click copy or direct the link to email or message.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Not exactly obvious…

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
In the APP just use the "share this item" option in the item description. Select the "copy" option and the item description and URL will be copied to the clipboard... available then to be pasted in other places as needed. Just delete the description if you only need the URL.

OR you can select email, message or etc directly.

Also I use the "your orders" from the menu to find previous items rather than search again... so it takes you to the exact same item and same vender if still available. You can filter by "last 6 months" or by a particular year.

Edit to add:
Too slow yet once again...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Even more direct. Thanks for that too.

Serious about crackers