SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ordered a guitar online, but I think it isn’t right?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered a guitar online, but I think it isn’t right? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That is a good guitar to have fun with. I started learning on a Squier and with big fingers, it is a challenge. I use my acoustic more now but like the sounds you can get from an electric guitar. Les Paul is a great guitar. Be careful though, because like guns, you can assemble a collection of guitars pretty quick.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
I ended up trading my 7 string Dean for this:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/E...o-Electric-Guitar.gc

It’s got some scratches and a chip, but overall I think I did pretty well considering my total investment is about $90

What are you playing it through?

Posts: 13256 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

It’s got some scratches and a chip, but overall I think I did pretty well considering my total investment is about $90

I obtained one of the little 15w Line6 Spider amps on the cheap... not real sure I like it. I can’t seem to bypass the effects, even in clean mode.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

I obtained one of the little 15w Line6 Spider amps on the cheap... not real sure I like it. I can’t seem to bypass the effects, even in clean mode.

Not familiar with that amp. I have 3 amps now: a Vox Valvetronix VT30. It’s a digital modeling amp that has a single 12AX7 tube (or “valve” as the Brits say). I’ll always keep it because it produces decent tones, is easy to pack around, and is reliable. I like it. I never loved it.

I recently bought a Blackstar Bluetooth Fly. It’s a 3 watt mini that I bought to travel with and to practice outside my music room. It fulfills its role.

I have a Fender ‘65 Princeton Reverb Reissue from Sweetwater. It’s a tweed, rather than blackface and has a 12”, rather than the original 10” speaker. This is a great amplifier and I’m really happy with the purchase. When you’re ready, be sure to check them out.

I don’t know what to recommend except to go back to GC, tell them what you want to spend, and see what they show you. If you’re not comfortable playing the amp yourself at this stage of your learning—ask one of them to demo it for you.

Posts: 13256 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Be very careful when buying a mid to higher priced guitar from a anything other than a music store. My brother, who is a professional player and owns a music store, just came across a Les Paul that a guy bought for about 20% under retail. It was like new however it was a China knock-off worth about a tenth of what he payed.

Apparently there is a ton of fake stuff out there.....just because it says Gibson, Fender, Martin, PRS or some other name, be careful. If in doubt, have a pro at least take a look at it.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post