SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stockholm Attack
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stockholm Attack Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
At least three dead. Truck attack and shots fired

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39531108

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
To our Swedish members, how is the media portraying this? I know we have at least one member in Stockholm. Have you noticed a shift among citizens regarding your nations refugee policy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Truck rammed storefront, going at speed."- BBC

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

Does that truck say, "Cold Beer" in Swedish? Ans: apparently yes, it was a hijacked beer truck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
In a pedestrian area where no vehicles are allowed. I have a feeling I won't be shocked when more details are released.

Some video at the link:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2619638/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The shooting is being reported as a separate incident.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
This is what happens when officials cover over bad incidents committed by illegal "immigrants".

Things just keep getting worse.

Gang rapes, riots and burning, etc have been happening, but little public acknowledgement.

Swedish women are told not to dress in ways that will incite these illegals.

And, according to what my wife just told me, there is shooting going on near where this incident took place.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Apparently someone has been arrested.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

....but at this time we are unsure of the motives or who is responsible.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Lutherans are at it again.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Lutherans are at it again.

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Tough days ahead for Sweden I'm afraid.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/taQ_Wl7VO3I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We don't know anything about the actual individuals who have been killed and hurt in this attack. For those individuals, I feel sympathy. But what can you say about a government that is doing its best to invite exactly this kind of violence and carnage? That spins and propagandizes to defend the extremists it invites into its country?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a friend from law school who now teaches in Germany. The German papers often do not report that the increasing numbers of assaults are committed by recent Middle Eastern refugees. He usually comments that the assaults were, of course, committed by Norwegian graduate theology students.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Lutherans Swedenborgians are at it again.

FIFY.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
This is allegedly the suspect.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
We don't know anything about the actual individuals who have been killed and hurt in this attack. For those individuals, I feel sympathy. But what can you say about a government that is doing its best to invite exactly this kind of violence and carnage? That spins and propagandizes to defend the extremists it invites into its country?

You vote the traitors out of office in 2014 & 2016.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
This is allegedly the suspect.

Seems a bit on the swarthy side, doesn't he? It might be hard to see by those Europeans with their heads shoved into the sand.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
He was just trying to deliver beer to an aloha snackbar, don't understand all the excitement.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post