Find
Notify
Tools

NBA/China Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Apparently China owns the NBA now and legitimate questions are not allowed to be asked.

I never realized that China was a big market to them but it's disgusting to watch them bow and scrape to these Commies all for another buck.

This CNN reporter literally has a mic yanked out of her hands for daring to ask a pertinent question at a press conference:

quote:

Watch: CNN Reporter Abruptly Muzzled While Asking NBA Stars About China

Zero Hedge

While asking a question during a press conference in Japan, CNN's Christina Macfarlane was abruptly cut off by an NBA spokeswoman after asking Houston Rockets stars James Harden and Russell Westbrook what they thought about freedom of expression in light of this week's controversy over a now-deleted pro-Hong Kong tweet made by general manager Daryl Morey.

"The NBA has always been a league that prides itself on its players and coaches being able to speak out openly about political and social affairs. I just wonder after the events of this week, and the fallout we’ve seen, whether you would both feel differently about speaking out in that way in the future?" Mcfarlane asked - only to be promptly intercepted by an NBA staffer who insisted on "basketball questions only."

"It's a legitimate question," Mcfarlane replied as a man moved to yank her microphone away, adding "This is an event that happened this week."

"I understand that. It's a question that's already been answered," replied the NBA rep.

Neither Harden nor Westbrook weighed in on the matter.

The NBA has been tight-lipped after bending the knee to communist China - which pulled nearly all sponsorship of the league after a now-deleted pro-Hong Kong tweet by Morey resulted in outrage.

After Morey's tweet triggered Beijing, Harden profusely apologized, proclaiming "We apologize. You know, we love China. We love playing there" in an awkward video while standing next to Westbrook, adding "For both of us individually, we go there once or twice a year. They show us the most important love."

Link

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The ChiComs essentially told the NBA to keep dribbling. In doing so, The NBA has abdicated any credibility & high ground with respects to social justice or role modeling. Hypocritical pussywillows. Enough said..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"They show us the most important love."
Aww, how $$GREEN$$ of you!

"Shower us wit dat $$most important love$$"

A golden shower for Harden the Ho

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the NBA pressures North Carolina to rescind its transgender bathroom laws by threatening to pull the All Star game.

But the NBA turns a blind eye to China's pressure on the League to ignore human right violations and pro-democracy rallies.

Does Shanghai have transgender bathrooms?

Has the ChiCom leaders apologized to the tens of millions killed, tortured, and imprisoned over the past 70 years?

Honestly, I like it when these things happen. I learn an organizations true intent, their hypocrisy, and what ultimately motivates them.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And BTW- Hey, CNN, how ya like having to deal with that Money-driven PC bullshit? Huh? Your organization is responsible to a great degree for this kind of dishonesty in our society. How ya like it, huh?

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
<SATIRE ALERT>

But it's very good, hard hitting satire, The Babylon Bee! Big Grin

quote:

NBA Now Requiring All Players To Stand For Chinese National Anthem

October 9th, 2019
The Babylon Bee

NEW YORK, NY—In an effort to salvage its relationship with China, the NBA is now requiring all players to stand for the Chinese national anthem at the beginning of every game.

The official song of the People's Republic of China, "March of the Volunteers," will be played at the start of all professional basketball games, whether at home or abroad. All players, fans, coaches, and employees will be required to stand and solemnly sing lyrics including the following:

Millions of but one heart we run towards the Communist tomorrow!
Build our homeland, guard our homeland, and fight gallantly.
March on! March on! March on!
We, for tens of thousands of generations to come,
Hold high the Flag of Mao Zedong, march on!

"We hope this gesture of goodwill will show China that we love them and there is no need for our multi-billion-dollar deal to fall through," said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. "March on, Mao!" Silver then performed a soft jazz rendition of the tune and bowed low to the ground to show President Xi Jinping that he is very sorry.

Anyone who doesn't comply will be shot, a beloved Chinese custom that should further smooth things over with the authoritarian regime.

Link

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
President Trump should punk them and punk them NOW! Dare every one of those players to kneel for the police brutality in Hong Kong!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China has been bending-over Western companies for some time now. Forcing them to conform to their ideas of what's right and squeezing executives to get their employees to tow the line. Hollywood has for awhile has crafted it's movies show that they can be shown in China, eliminating anything that has to do with HK, Taiwan, Macau or, parts of their history that they want suppressed or, minimized. While I'm a supporter of free-market capitalism, I also believe in limits and choices. These brands are no different than the Gordon Gecko's of the world.

After China Got Mad, Marriott Fired a Social Media Manager for Liking a Tweet About Tibet

Marriott apologises to China over Tibet and Taiwan error

Delta Air Lines apologizes after listing Taiwan, Tibet as countries on website

Why fashion brands are rushing to apologize in China

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Businesses need to do business.

However...we (Nixon) created China, and have supported it's growth beyond our own. It's long past time to smash it down.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Right, Gustofer, riiiiiight. Nixon created China. Sure.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but that's a silly-ass remark. Where did you attend history class? K-Mart?

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
No... WalMart.

You?

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
An actual school.

posted Hide Post
I remember it was always Red China when I was a kid, to differentiate it from Taiwan and Hong Kong. Lest we forget:

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
An actual school.

Montana State (minors in history and poli/sci) '87
Montana State '96
Montana State '04
Albany Medical College '08

Not much need to go on.

You?

China today is nearly entirely of our own making. Plain and simple. And it started with Nixon opening up China.

Argue it.

You can't.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you here, but there are historical facts that are easily looked up. "Most Favored Nation" status, etc...

We have built China into what it is today, and it is destroying us. It will continue to do so unless we put a stop to it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Son, you're about to make a very bad mistake. Just put your dick away. I'm not interested and I don't have to prove jack shit to you. You don't rate it. You can just wallow in your special shit.

All that school and you're still not all that bright. Next time you brace me, you'd better tell your story walkin'. Humorless jerk.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm not your son, and apparently you are interested or you wouldn't have asked.

posted Hide Post
Lenin said 'The capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them with.'

Nixon may have opened the door, but capitalistic greed ran to china with open arms. You reap what you sow, as is written in the good book.

Just because a door is opened, does not imply that you must enter it.

Now I sound like a bloody fortune cookie.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So Hollywood's compensating for the fact that its movies have a nasty tendency to suck, NBA stars and team owners are in a perpetual dick-matching contest over who's hauling in the most money and the half-educated see no reason to consider prostitution anything but a perfectly valid career choice. If you followed the whole Belt and Road thing the ChiComs have been up to, you know they will always overstep themselves in the end so they can't possibly be that sharp or sophisticated.

If US buisness people know anything at all about what they're doing, then why are they being sucked into Communist China's imaginary world instead of quietly finding a way to exploit the living hell out of it? Because the Europeans will be the PRC's bitches if we aren't? Then the Europeans must be easy to beat in buisness too.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

Cowards and hypocrites. Next time one of these prima donna social justice warriors start spouting off on the president or any other topic tell them to shut up and dribble - that's exactly what their Chinese overlords told them to do and they bowed their heads and said 'yes sir, whatever you say, sir'.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post