SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI informant spills beans on uranium deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI informant spills beans on uranium deal Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Link to lengthy article

Sarah Carter tells the story. Good read.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Drip, drip. drip....

Ticaboo, Utah? Never heard of it. I have heard of Picaboo Street, though. In Park City, I think. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, thanks for posting this.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ticaboo is a wide spot in the road near Lake Powell.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8766 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
The sale of 20% of our uranium deposits to Russia continues to be confusing.

For example, this excerpt from forbes.com:

"But here’s the thing ― by 20%, we really mean almost zero.

Those U.S. facilities obtained by Russia produce almost nothing. The uranium deposits are of relatively poor grade and are too costly to compete on the uranium market. But the facilities do have good milling capacity to process ore, if anyone gives it to them, which hasn’t happened in about 10 years. Theoretically, they could process 20% of our ore, but that will never happen. Uranium One couldn’t give these facilities away.

Besides, Russia can’t export any uranium they produce in the U.S. They do not possess a Nuclear Regulatory Commission export license.

The real reason Russia wanted this deal was to give Rosatom’s subsidiary Uranium One’s very profitable uranium mines in Kazakhstan ― the single largest producer of commercial uranium in the world."

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is there no special prosecutor looking into this?

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
This is the real root of why Hillary 'had' to become POTUS. Just follow the money, honey.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox news is also running a story on this very thing this morning. I am just loving seeing the layers of this "onion" get peeled back.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
This is the real root of why Hillary 'had' to become POTUS. Just follow the money, honey.

I think there are countless dirty players who needed Harpy to win so they could remain under cover. Now they are panicking and projecting with wild abandon.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"At his point, what does it matter?"

Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides, Russia can’t export any uranium they produce in the U.S. They do not possess a Nuclear Regulatory Commission export license.

Yes, and this is one of the reasons the sale was approved, but a few months ago when they were talking about this it seems something happened with another company getting the license and exporting "cake" through them or something. I don't know the details but is seems they found a way around that restriction even though the Obama administration said all was good because they would never get an export license.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post