SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CYBER MONDAY deals
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CYBER MONDAY deals Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
^^^ Blume9mm, (thread drift?)
I said the same thing to my sister two days ago. If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

That may have been the case 70 years ago but not anymore. Black Friday used to be a way for brick and mortar stores to clear out overstocked merchandise. Most of these items were clothing, jewelry, furniture, decor items, toys, etc that was very high markup back in those times and even at slashed prices the store was still making a decent profit on the item. Today with internet shopping and efficient inventory control pricing is at near cut throat pricing every day and not a lot of room for massive price cuts. Today's retailers certainly are not in the red until black Friday either and IMO that was largely a myth even back then with some exceptions for maybe very small mom and pop owned specialty stores. I find it interesting that Amazon has an awful lot of "Black Friday Deals" where the prices are the same as their usual prices LOL.

What you and Sigfrieund said. It still is, manufacturers give the retailers a deep discount on very large orders......to get old models out of the inventory before year end and make room for the new models to be built.

Take Samsung for example. I'm sure they'll offer Costco 50 semi trucks of TV's for a better price....Notice that some models are deeply discounted and others in their lineup are not.......this clears out their warehouses in the U.S. of models they've changed or dropped, makes room for new models that are probably already on ships heading this way.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
From the booster thread - NOCO jump starters in various sizes.

link

Anyone have one of these? Are they reliable?

Noco's a top name in jump starters. I just bought the GB70 for $123, a few weeks ago I was looking at it for $199. There are youtube vids of a guy starting several cars that had been sitting for months with no batteries in them.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

link

My GB40 has a high self discharge and I need to charge it every 6 months.
That said it started a fellers Dodge Dakota at 50% charge a few weeks ago (about 40 deg F)

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I got my son a set of NOCOs and they have worked great when he had a parasitic drain somewhere in his car which killed the battery often.

He doesn't use it much now that we finally found it, but it cranked his little rice burner multiple times on a charge, I'm talking from dead ass outta juice.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
quote:
quote:

link

Noco's a top name in jump starters. I just bought the GB70 for $123, a few weeks ago I was looking at it for $199. There are youtube vids of a guy starting several cars that had been sitting for months with no batteries in them.

Not bad. I'm wondering if the GB70 would be more appropriate for my wife's Tahoe. That's a pretty good deal on the GB40 though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I got my son a set of NOCOs and they have worked great when he had a parasitic drain somewhere in his car which killed the battery often.

He doesn't use it much now that we finally found it, but it cranked his little rice burner multiple times on a charge, I'm talking from dead ass outta juice.

Do you know what size he had? I was looking at them and like the idea but there is a huge price difference between the smallest and largest. Just wondering how big is needed to really work.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
FYI for an awesome deal:

If you are looking for a really nice phone case for a new Android or iPhone, Speck has a 50% off Cyber Monday sale going on right now.

Just ordered a new Presidio Grip for my iPhone 11 for $20 and free shipping instead of $40 + Shipping normally:

**You may find cheaper on Amazon, but they are more than likely Chinese counterfeits and won't fit or be built as well as these**

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BCM has a Cyber Monday 30% off deal so their Medium Charging Handles are now on sale for $27.95 each...

NOTE - Discount does not appear until you put item(s) in your cart...Mark

https://www.bravocompanyusa.co...m-gfh-mod-4b-556.htm

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
I said the same thing to my sister two days ago. If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

That may have been the case 70 years ago but not anymore. Black Friday used to be a way for brick and mortar stores to clear out overstocked merchandise. Most of these items were clothing, jewelry, furniture, decor items, toys, etc that was very high markup back in those times and even at slashed prices the store was still making a decent profit on the item. Today with internet shopping and efficient inventory control pricing is at near cut throat pricing every day and not a lot of room for massive price cuts. Today's retailers certainly are not in the red until black Friday either and IMO that was largely a myth even back then with some exceptions for maybe very small mom and pop owned specialty stores. I find it interesting that Amazon has an awful lot of "Black Friday Deals" where the prices are the same as their usual prices LOL.

What you and Sigfrieund said. It still is, manufacturers give the retailers a deep discount on very large orders......to get old models out of the inventory before year end and make room for the new models to be built.

Take Samsung for example. I'm sure they'll offer Costco 50 semi trucks of TV's for a better price....Notice that some models are deeply discounted and others in their lineup are not.......this clears out their warehouses in the U.S. of models they've changed or dropped, makes room for new models that are probably already on ships heading this way.

In the appliance industry manufacturers basically control prices. Each manufacturer has a promo calendar they send out. The big boxes and buying groups are offered basically the same price to buy in at. This years Black Friday pricing started before Veteran’s Day.
If you looked at pricing on a piece of appliance, more often than not, all box stores and big regionals are about the same price. Generally if a weird price shows up some vendor reps do a “meet comp” and give a discount on the back to keep the retailer happy.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Surefire has a fair number of lights on sale. They even have batteries for $1.40 each.

Linky

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vedder holster 20% off - got 2 holster for the p365

Optic Planet 11% off- got some new archery broadheads

Dicks sporting goods 25% off - hate them but they had a good deal. Of course the bastards cancel one of my orders so I had to buy from optics planet.

I have been disappointed with the lack of deals. I'm not digging through multiple pages to see the random items some sites have for deals

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

link

They got some of my money for two of these. I looked hard for these on a Black Friday Sale, and found none. When I checked Amazon this morning.....there they were at an awesome price. My Christmas presents are officially purchased.....whew!!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope. Its all about harnessing human nature. Lower prices throughout the year to Black Friday levels and people become complacent and put off purchases. However, Black Friday and Cyber Monday (and many others throughout the year) feed people's need to get a bargain. Same reason why some of the TV marketing products are only available at this reduced price "to the first 100 callers..."

Its all about exploiting human nature/behavior.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If you'd like to install a MESH WiFi system at home but don't want to pay the $200+ usual buy in price, this TP Link system is very, very, good. And at $149 for a three node setup, its all but a no brainer. I've installed this setup at two friend's homes and both have been very pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link...s=electronics&sr=1-7

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
There are some good bargains out there.
If I had a dollar for every email I've received today with "cyber Monday" in the subject line, I could do some serious shopping! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:

link

This thread just cost me $64.......

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
I’m finally giving BRCC a try due to their 30% off deal.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
I’m finally giving BRCC a try due to their 30% off deal.
Thanks. Me too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
]

This thread just cost me $64.......

It cost me near $190. I ended up buying the GB70 for my wife's Tahoe and the GB40 for my Jeep. Ah well, been wanting to get something like that for the vehicles for some time

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
This is a good deal, ordered mine this morning, plus Amazon Prime card gets you 15% back!

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
50% off on an excellent sine wave 1500 UPS ideal for computers, A/V, and other equipment!

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPo...omotive%2C146&sr=8-3

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post