SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CYBER MONDAY deals
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CYBER MONDAY deals Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted
ThermoWorks 25% off smoke 40% off the gateway

https://www.thermoworks.com/

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
From the booster thread - NOCO jump starters in various sizes.

link

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Running my own business (just me) I really have a problem with this black friday and cyber monday crap... what they are basically telling you with any discounts and specials like this is what they should be selling their products for.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
^^^ Blume9mm, (thread drift?)
I said the same thing to my sister two days ago. If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
12% / 13% (Edge Members) from Brownells today - codes on their front webpage.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

link

Anyone have one of these? Are they reliable?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

link

Anyone have one of these? Are they reliable?

I use one at work, no issues so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

I am not a businessman, but it seems to me that sellers benefit from the fact that very many people buy things only because they’re on special sale for a limited time and when they can anticipate the thrill of the hunt and when they can take satisfaction and pride in having bagged a lower-priced trophy.

The fact that these “What are the deals?” threads appear regularly here, but not too often, supports my position, I believe. People are looking for “deals” even when there isn’t anything in particular that they want/need. Just the fact that it’s on sale for an unusually low price is enough for them to beat the bushes and bag whatever runs out.

All that results in much higher sales volumes for retailers at certain times, and high volumes produce greater profits even if the margins are lower. And of course, very often the items on sale seem to be things that weren’t selling all that well before. Not only do the sellers make some money from the sales, they clear out stagnant stock: win-win.

But if they simply lowered their prices throughout the year, all that would vanish, along with the higher profit margins on what they do sell. Everyone would expect the lower prices and would feel no pressure to snap things up during a limited period.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
had a customer I service and he went out of town for a few years... when he came back he explained that he had been managing a textile / clothing plant in Honduras that made slacks specifically for Walmart in the U.S. they shipped out something like 250,000 pairs a month....

figure it out... we buy way too much stuff that we don't need.... the other side of what was posted above explains that.... 'they' get us with the need to by this stuff....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Many of these sale products are at cost or even below. If retailers could make money all year at these prices, they would do it.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
20% off all mag basepads with "GIVE20" coupon code.
https://www.henningshop.com/

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:...

Everything that guy just said, is correct!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
50% off on an excellent sine wave 1500 UPS ideal for computers, A/V, and other equipment!

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPo...omotive%2C146&sr=8-3

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ Blume9mm, (thread drift?)
I said the same thing to my sister two days ago. If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

That may have been the case 70 years ago but not anymore. Black Friday used to be a way for brick and mortar stores to clear out overstocked merchandise. Most of these items were clothing, jewelry, furniture, decor items, toys, etc that was very high markup back in those times and even at slashed prices the store was still making a decent profit on the item. Today with internet shopping and efficient inventory control pricing is at near cut throat pricing every day and not a lot of room for massive price cuts. Today's retailers certainly are not in the red until black Friday either and IMO that was largely a myth even back then with some exceptions for maybe very small mom and pop owned specialty stores. I find it interesting that Amazon has an awful lot of "Black Friday Deals" where the prices are the same as their usual prices LOL.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of any deals on a 5.56 BCG? Prefer Toolcraft (I think)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Anyone know of any deals on a 5.56 BCG? Prefer Toolcraft (I think)
https://www.armorally.com/product-category/ar-parts/?filter_manufacturer=toolcraft

Bought from them before, they are good to go.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30% off today at www.smartcarry.com

It's 20% off until Dec 18.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Onn. brand TV's are any good?

I'm seeing them all over the place at Walmart, they seem like a new house brand from them.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
If their annual profit turns from red to black during Black Whatever, couldn't they make even greater profit selling at these prices year-round?

I am not a businessman, but it seems to me that sellers benefit from the fact that very many people buy things only because they’re on special sale for a limited time and when they can anticipate the thrill of the hunt and when they can take satisfaction and pride in having bagged a lower-priced trophy.

I'm not a businessman, either, but I've read enough and talked to enough retailers to know that's precisely what's happening. Even places like Costco have sales, and their pricing is mostly already cut.

Several years ago a retail chain, J.C. Penny, I believe it was, decided they would do-away with sales and the like and just cut their everyday prices. Promoted it like crazy. "We don't do sales any more because our every day prices blah blah blah." It was a disaster that lasted all of a few months, IIRC.

People like the idea they're getting a deal.

Personally, I don't go for it. If I want/need something I shop for the best price from my most preferred retailer and buy it. I'll wait if I know a sale is coming and I don't have to have it now. But I don't go out and buy stuff just because it's on sale.

My wife and I may take advantage of the deals on TVs at Costco right now, because we can get 20-25% more screen real estate in the same space we could several years ago. That's about the extent of our "sale" shopping.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post