SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe it was negligence.

I believe it was deliberate. The Chinese do not do anything by accident.

This was orchestrated to cripple their military and economic adversaries.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
This....I have always believed it was developed in the lab and released intentionally.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I can't find the link now but it was about the US involvement with the Wuhan lab, I think we were partial funding research there. Anyway Fall 2019 a couple of our members visited the lab and came away shocked at the lack of safeguards. This isn't in the link I posted above but that link is revealing about this damn virus research going on.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
A simple cellular GPS report will let anyone with access know the location of gatherings. No ratting out or Social media needed.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was orchestrated to cripple their military and economic adversaries.

All you have to do is walk around any store and see all the masks, hand sanitizer, and other paraphernalia with “made in China” on the packaging. Those dirty fucks are making a fortune on the misery they inflicted knowingly on the planet. The closed down internal travel, but let their people travel internationally even at the height of the spread. Asshole commies.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I can't find the link now but it was about the US involvement with the Wuhan lab, I think we were partial funding research there. Anyway Fall 2019 a couple of our members visited the lab and came away shocked at the lack of safeguards. This isn't in the link I posted above but that link is revealing about this damn virus research going on.

I think there was a picture posted on here somewhere of US officials visiting that lab and about our support. One of them was....wait for it.... that POS slime Fauci.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

I think there was a picture posted on here somewhere of US officials visiting that lab and about our support. One of them was....wait for it.... that POS slime Fauci.

Not sure why everyone hates Fauci - geez, you might think Creepy Bill and him own a patent on the virus or something.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And here you have it. The retarded and insane world we live in. I personally viewed this encounter at the grocery store yesterday.

Participant # 1: 20 something guy (looked like a construction worker), ~160 pounds, purchasing a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk, while not wearing a mask. Oh the terror!

Participant # 2: Likely 30 something woman, 300+ pounds, pack of cigs in her t-shirt pocket, purchasing a basket full of processed sugar & high fat items, and beer. Not a veggie to be found anywhere. Smile

#2 began bitching and berating #1 for not wearing a mask in the store. #1 suggested to her that her "extreme size" and apparent eating habits are far more likely to cause her death than standing 10 feet from him. Smile And then the four letter expletives began a flyin'. Then #2 looks at me and asks what I'm LOL at. My answer..."Your stupid fat ass bothering a whole lotta people", to which she slammed her cart into the endcap of the register and waddled out of the store flipping both me and #1 off and offering us a continuing assortment of four letter expletives.

My friends, the country is quickly leaving the rails...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
good on ya bigdeal. I've had an encounter or two very much like what you describe. I refuse to wear a mask anywhere outside of a hospital or Dr's office (which won't let me in otherwise). It's also fun watching how quickly some of these idiots will dive out of the way when shopping. Most of them damn near jump onto the shelves so as not to catch the Wu Flu from me. Also gets me checked out faster.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
good on ya bigdeal. I've had an encounter or two very much like what you describe. I refuse to wear a mask anywhere outside of a hospital or Dr's office (which won't let me in otherwise). It's also fun watching how quickly some of these idiots will dive out of the way when shopping. Most of them damn near jump onto the shelves so as not to catch the Wu Flu from me. Also gets me checked out faster.
Hey, I'm SOL right now because I have my annual winter sinus infection which surprise...causes some coughing and sneezing. I'm sure if I start coughing in the grocery store I'll be viewed as a male, 6'2" version of Typhoid Mary. After all, there are no other maladies on the planet right now except for Covid. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walk for exercise every other day in a city park. There are long lines of sight in the park and I watch as people approach me. They are often unmasked until they get close enough to me to see I am unmasked. They then panic and frantically dig in their clothes for their masks and put them on.
Outside. In the park.
Insanity. Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Companies Join Push for COVID-19 ‘Vaccination Credential’

https://www.theepochtimes.com/..._campaign=2021-01-14

A coalition of companies is pushing for a credential that would identify people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine.

Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce are among the businesses that are part of a group that announced on Jan. 14 that they’re working on the new project.

“The goal of the Vaccination Credential Initiative is to empower individuals with digital access to their vaccination records so they can use tools like CommonPass to safely return to travel, work, school, and life, while protecting their data privacy,” Paul Meyer, CEO of The Commons Project Foundation, said in a statement.

Mike Sicilia, executive vice president of Oracle’s global business units, said the initiative is aiming to make showing that one has been vaccinated or tested “as easy as online banking.”

The initiative’s website says the coalition, which includes public and private entities, is working to give people the ability to “demonstrate their health status.”

Participating health groups will agree to provide people with digital access to their vaccination records using so-called smart health cards. People will then be able to show proof of their status using digital wallet applications or documents with a QR code.

“Trustworthy, traceable, verifiable, and universally recognized digital record of vaccination status is urgently needed worldwide to safely enable people to return to work, school, events, and travel,” the site states.

The Trump administration already gives people who get one of the COVID-19 vaccines a paper card that shows information such as which company manufactured the vaccine and the date on which they were injected. A federal database, though, doesn’t exist.

In one example outlined by Ken Mayer, founder and CEO of Safe Health Systems, an app using the initiative’s standards would help concerts and sporting events relaunch.

Those standards, combined with smartphone-enabled rapid tests the Food and Drug Administration is beginning to authorize for people to use at home, “will enable application developers to create privacy-preserving health status verification solutions that can be seamlessly integrated into existing ticketing workflows,” he said.

A number of businesses could require that employees be vaccinated, similar to how they’ve mandated masks. That wouldn’t violate the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission said last month, though some employees could claim a disability or a religious objection. And some companies could require vaccination proof from customers. Qantas Airways’ CEO said in November 2020, “We think that’s a necessity.”

Five airlines announced late last year that they were using CommonPass, which allows passengers to submit COVID-19 test results before flying.

The Commons Project, which created the digital health pass, is part of the coalition working on the new initiative.

The news came as the United States reported over 11 million vaccinations have been administered in about a month. Most went to health care workers of long-term care facility residents, but the Trump administration recently directed governors to start prioritizing anyone 65 or older or anyone younger than 65 who has a serious underlying health condition.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
They then panic and frantically dig in their clothes for their masks and put them on

But the useless masks They wear are to protect You from Them.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Airlines are asking for negative test results w/in 3 days of departure. And/or documentation that you've recovered.

Questions:

1. Are test results available that quickly? Always? What if you purchase a flight ticket, 3 days before the flight you take the test and the results don't come back. Will the airline eat the cost? Or change your flight fee free?

2. What if the result is surprising - that it comes back positive? And likely that you were asymptomatic and not actively a carrier? How do you get documentation that you've recovered? From who? How quickly is that obtained?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Apparently they want to lose even more business.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
What do you bet that despite any proof of vaccine or recovery you will still be required to wear the stupid mask?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just by chance, as Biden comes, NY, IL, & Chicago leaders want to open up more? This will include indoor dining in some form, MI can’t be far behind.

The Gov of IL has a presser later today.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm aghast that masks are already fashion statements.

Looking for Chanel and Gucci branded masks soon. Or perhaps they are already available? Somewhat tongue in cheek but seriously, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Last week we were informed at work of a coworker that had a presumptive case of Covid. Anyone contacting him for more than 15 minutes was quarantined. Luckily it started over Christmas break so few people had contact with him. Up until yesterday they continued saying it was a “presumptive Covid case”. I asked if he was tested and given no answer. They did not tell us who he was but it was easy to figure out.

Today I spoke to him. He tested negative 3 times. He has asthma and chronic bronchitis issues all his life. They still diagnosed him with Covid.

The numbers are bullshit. That’s the second person I know personally that had a negative result and still diagnosed as Covid.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The only way inflated numbers makes sense to me is that there is some international agreement that: 1) the virus escaped from a Wuhan lab, 2) PRC has agreed to pay damages for each positive test / ICU patient / etc related to the wuflu.

Otherwise, wtf?