SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Took my family to the pumpkin patch and corn maze today in Utah. Thousands of people there. Zero masks. No one asked you to wear one, and no one was. Lots of American flags and Trump gear visible though. We were happy to see people being free and enjoying the outdoors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mutiny,

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://justthenews.com/nation...s-gets-arrested-feds

Rapper brags in music video about fraudulent unemployment benefits, gets arrested by feds

"Nuke Bizzle" reportedly applied for over $1.2 million in benefits, made available in the coronavirus relief act signed into law this spring.

A rapper who bragged in a music video about obtaining fraudulent unemployment benefits has been arrested by federal agents on charges related to the alleged scheme, according to the Justice Department.

Fontrell Antonio Baines, who raps under the name Nuke Bizzle, "boasted in a YouTube music video about getting rich from committing unemployment benefits fraud," the DOJ said Friday in a press release. He was arrested on Friday "pursuant to a criminal complaint alleging a scheme to fraudulently obtain unemployment insurance benefits under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act."

Baines and several co-conspirators reportedly utilized fake addresses to obtain pre-loaded benefit cards, with which they were able to access over $700,000 in cash.

In one music video, Baines reportedly bragged about "go[ing] to the bank with a stack of" unemployment cards. He is facing a maximum of 22 years in prison related to the charges.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
Took my family to the pumpkin patch and corn maze to day in Utah. Thousands of people there. Zero masks. ...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Australia, state of Victoria lockdown updat

Victorian Premier (similar to a US Governor) Daniel Andrews, has outlined the long-awaited changes to coronavirus restrictions across the state.

(Note: Stage 4 lockdown has been in place since August 2, 2020.)

For the first time in more than 100 days (seems more like 12 months) Melbourne residents will be able to leave their homes for more than two hours – as far as 25km (about 15.5 miles).

Time limits for exercise and social activities will be scrapped from 11.59pm Sunday

That is the epitome of draconian...and barbaric. Our Governor has, once again, renewed the State of Emergency that he has unilaterally declared since March, and mask wearing as well as various other social distancing rules remain in effect...but as much as I despise them, certainly not what Australians have had to endure.

My first instinct is to question why free Australians continue to vote and support the politicians that implement such draconian folly...but then I have to remind myself that we have our share of easily frightened cowards right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. who are only all too willing to fall lock-step in line with their elitist betters and follow mindless orders while gladly surrendering freedom.

Whatever happened to simply informing people, or better yet, a governed people informing themselves, assessing their individual risks, and then taking responsibility for the actions that make the most sense for their respective situations?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Grinch Fraudci wants you to cancel your Thanksgiving plans:

This twat can kiss my ass ...preferably right after I've had a movement.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
Dr. Grinch Fraudci wants you to cancel your Thanksgiving plans:

This twat can kiss my ass ...preferably right after I've had a movement.

That little bitch has been wrong about everything so far, yet the media still waits breathlessly for any of his predictions.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
That little bitch has been wrong about everything so far, yet the media still waits breathlessly for any of his predictions.

He contradicts Trump, and anyone who does that is going to make the news.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

He contradicts Trump, and anyone who does that is going to make the news.

He's nothing more than another 'do as I say, not as I do' D.C. politician in my mind. Asshole!!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Recall that Twitter made Dr Atlas take this down:

After a short ban, he's back up. First tweet out of the gate:

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth."

George Orwell, 1984

https://twitter.com/SWAtlasHoo...ons-is-perfection%2F

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ovid-relief-n2578427

Senate Democrats blocked another coronavirus relief package proposed by Republicans during a floor vote on Tuesday. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) attempted to adjourn the upper chamber on Monday night as Republicans tried to pass additional relief. The GOP-proposed package also included additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which served as a lifeline for small businesses affected by COVID-19.

Leader McConnell and Senate Republicans pressed Senate Democrats to put the American people first, but the minority party blocked the stimulus package, again.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
... and the useful idiots will still vote for anything with a d in front of its name Roll Eyes

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
And the "experts" are just figuring this out now?

https://www.foxnews.com/health...sh-oral-rinses-study

This study by the Penn State College of Medicine, and backed up by two previous studies, states that 99.9% of human corona virus is inactivated by some mouthwashes.

So all this time, while all the media & the sheep were breathlessly awaiting Dr Fauchi's next announcement, the spread of this pandemic could've been slowed months ago by people using mouthwash?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Hardly IB, you need to do a bit more research before posting something like this. It does nothing to help educate people on C19. This is total BS as it relates to this pandemic or so called pandemic. Depending on your perspective.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you inactivate a virus? Is that like putting it to sleep for a while? Big Grin

Using mouthwash is a great way to eliminate oral bacteria - but probably not very effective against a virus.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rinse my mouth with several ounces of mouthwash daily and find it very soothing and leaves a nice fresh taste. Grain alcohol is my preferred mouthwash type...

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I prefer a good Kentucky bourbon myself.

On another note, DUH! Alcohol kills virus cells. In other news, water is wet!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mouthwashes help reduce transmission by reducing the viral cells in your mouth, which is where transmission starts, ie, spit and cough, so gargle all day, every day, to reduce your orally transmitted viral cells. At least that's what it reads like...

Lead study author Craig Meyers, a distinguished professor of microbiology and immunology and obstetrics and gynecology, said the results show that the amount of virus (viral load) in an infected person’s mouth could be reduced by using these common over-the-counter products, ultimately helping to reduce the spread of the novel virus.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I don't know about yall, but I'm buying toilet paper while I can get the good stuff. I've still not recovered from that Costco pack of Marathon TP. Didn't think we were ever going to finish it.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you can always sell it to a monastery.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post