SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've still not recovered from that Costco pack of Marathon TP.

Reminds me of the time this made it into house when our kids were younger. Our teenage daughter at dinner asked "Are we poor now", and explained she was concerned after using the TP.. Smile

And yes, we got some in April this year that we are still avoiding. Which monastery is that again?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must have an uncultured ass. I prefer the cheaper costco branded stuff. And I have also been stocking up. Gold and silver are not that important when one is wiping his ass with newspaper. True wealth lies in a happy number 2.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We prefer the Costco Kirkland brand too. Marathon, nope. Trading/selling it is for the best.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
This has been a very informative thread these past months. Please don't let it turn to shit Razz

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2004 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Candy asses, Costco is some good ass wipe

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bunch of savages in this town. Why don't ya'll have bidet hose attachments for your porcelain thrones? Doesn't matter how lousy the TP is when you're only using it to blot dry.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump’s Greatest Accomplishments Are What He Hasn’t Done

Under immense pressure by the media and other Democratic operatives, at a time when nearly all global leaders were using the pandemic as an excuse to seize greater control, Trump did not.

Not Seizing Authority

Foreign leaders across the world have treated the coronavirus as an opportunity for unprecedented power grabs. China and South Korea track their citizens digitally. Israel suspended some courts. Hungary’s executive seized emergency authorities. Elections were delayed.

Domestically, governors banned children from going to school, banned people from going to church, and closed businesses for weeks and months at a time. Mask mandates were issued. Family gatherings were banned. Tracking of sick individuals was pushed.

But not Trump, the one the media constantly claim will do these things.

At no time has any member of Big Media raised significant concerns about the violations of Americans’ constitutional rights,  governors’ power grabs, or the risks posed to democratic governance. In fact, the media have gone after Republican governors who were less restrained in their violations of citizens’ rights, claiming they were bloodthirsty monsters. “Georgia’s Experiment in Human Sacrifice,” was the headline of The Atlantic’s article claiming that Republican Gov. Brian Kemp was overseeing, well, human sacrifice, by not using his power to shutter businesses more.

Ben Shapiro put out a video explaining why he’s voting for Trump this year after not having voted for him in 2016. In the middle of a litany of policy successes, he said, “He’s resisted using the federal government to control everybody’s life during COVID. That’s a big thing. This is the biggest government power grab during my lifetime, and Trump refused to do it.”

Under immense pressure by the media and other Democratic operatives, at a time when nearly all global leaders were using the pandemic as an excuse to seize greater control, Trump did not.

Keep in mind that much of the hysteria surrounding Trump has been based on unsubstantiated claims and predictions that he would seize power to accomplish his political goals and to punish his enemies in the press and elsewhere. Not only did he not do that in the three years before the coronavirus pandemic hit the world, he didn’t do it even when most other global leaders were using it as an excuse to expand their powers.

The left keeps claiming, all evidence to the contrary, that Trump is going to seize power.

Historian Timothy Snyder provided a great example of the histrionic claim this week in Salon. “Obviously, we are in a slow-motion Reichstag Fire right now. That is what is happening. Donald Trump is not as skilled as Hitler. He doesn’t work as hard as Hitler. He doesn’t have the same level of confidence as Hitler, but he’s clearly looking for that Reichstag Fire emergency. Trump tried to make Black Lives Matter into that emergency. ‘Antifascists’ and ‘thugs’ and ‘law and order’ and so on is part of that effort. Donald Trump keeps trying to make the Reichstag Fire work,” Snyder claimed, without evidence.

As “Alice from Queens” put it, “Timothy Snyder, in Salon, is insane. Trump was handed the mother of all Reichstag Fires — COVID-19 — and never came close to seizing emergency powers. The beef is that he failed to exercise authority! Has a major historian ever been blinder to the plainest refutation of his thesis?”

That Trump also responded modestly to the BLM riots that destroyed the downtowns of cities across the country further shows how wrong the establishment has been. Many Americans — in fact most, according to polls — were supportive of him sending in the military to quell the riots. He abstained. As Portland was rocked by continuous months of riots, federal agents protected some federal property and personnel briefly. Some Reichstag Fire response!

More at link...

https://thefederalist.com/2020...-what-he-hasnt-done/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
If anyone thinks the Feds are grabbing power here using the 'Vid as an excuse, they should take a look at what's going on in Australia and the UK.

Mandatory shots - oops, we didn't mean it, but watch this space

Hope you weren't planning a family Christmas this year in the UK

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I don't know about yall, but I'm buying toilet paper while I can get the good stuff. I've still not recovered from that Costco pack of Marathon TP. Didn't think we were ever going to finish it.

There are certain things that I never skimp on:
Work boots, tires, and toilet paper.Smile

We have two bathrooms & we just always kept a big pack of toilet paper in each one. We never came close to running out, but I was getting kinda worried there for awhile. We now have an emergency supply of tp, Kleenex, etc in a big Rubbermade container the attic.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Well now for some more consequences from lockdown. We are seeing huge increases in patient visits for STD's and HIV cases have increased by a considerable amount. The Labor and Delivery department on our hospital is now planning for and cross training nurses from other departments for an expected, "Baby Boom".

Eat, drink and fornicate, what else is one to do during lockdown...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Well now for some more consequences from lockdown. We are seeing huge increases in patient visits for STD's and HIV cases have increased by a considerable amount. The Labor and Delivery department on our hospital is now planning for and cross training nurses from other departments for an expected, "Baby Boom".

Eat, drink and fornicate, what else is one to do during lockdown...

Just this evening on the local news, they reported that local furniture stores are having a very good year. Instead of vacationing, eating out, going to theatres, etc, it seems people are staying at home, watching tv and wearing out their couches & recliners.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ben Shapiro put out a video explaining why he’s voting for Trump this year after not having voted for him in 2016. In the middle of a litany of policy successes, he said, “He’s resisted using the federal government to control everybody’s life during COVID. That’s a big thing. This is the biggest government power grab during my lifetime, and Trump refused to do it.”

It's so annoying to hear Biden and the rest of the left incessantly use Covid to attack Trump. They never say what Trump should have done. What could Trump have done that the governors couldn't have done? There is nothing that governors did that worked. Biden says he'd listen to science. There is no consensus among scientists. Shapiro makes a great point, one I greatly appreciate about Trump, because deciding not do something is doing something.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-to-florida-n2578656

Major Blow to NYC as $41 Billion Hedge Fund Moves to Florida

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio have lost another major tax revenue stream as one of the city's largest and wealthiest hedge funds has announced they are moving south to Florida.

Reportedly due to the uncertainty caused by the Wuhan coronavirus pandemic, billionaire New Yorker Paul Singer said this week that he will be moving his $41 billion dollar hedge fund, Elliott Management, to West Palm Beach. Only a small office with a few staffers will remain in the Big Apple.

This announcement serves as only the latest example of wealthy New Yorkers abandoning the state for more freedom and lower taxes amid crushing rules and lockdowns imposed by elected leaders in New York.

With ongoing lockdowns and destroyed small businesses, the unemployment rate in New York for September 2020 was a staggering 14.1 percent, significantly higher than the national unemployment rate of 7.9 percent. Cuomo and de Blasio have both been sharply criticized for their stifling orders that have squashed small businesses and prompted residents to flee New York City.

The loss of taxable income due to the pandemic in NYC was expected to reach $2 billion for 2020, a figure that was estimated prior to Singer's announcement.

"Even as the city has contained the spread of the virus, it has been unable to exert control over its threat to the economy," the New York Times wrote last month. "Numerous economic indicators suggest that New York City will face an extended financial crisis, the likes of which has not been seen since the 1970s."

Success over the virus in New York has also been a topic of much controversy, as the state has recorded far more deaths than any other state in the Union.

Nearly 500 employees of Elliott Management have reportedly been working remotely throughout the pandemic, many of them from other parts of the country. As people all over the nation adjust to working from afar through various technology, the future of thriving office buildings is in flux. Many offices and employees have no plans to return to their desks away from home any time soon.

"The main driver was to provide flexibility to people who want to have more say in where they live and work," one source familiar with the Elliott relocation told the New York Times.

While city leaders have refused to release their emergency pandemic power and continue to stifle the freedom of New Yorkers to earn and make their own choices about their health and safety, they have pleaded with the federal government to bail them out. The president has refused to budge on massive financial help for New York, noting Cuomo and de Blasio's insistence on keeping a stranglehold on their own economy.

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just found out my aunt is in the hospital with Covid-19. My uncle and cousins all have it too. From what I understand, they got it from my cousin's 16 year old daughter who most likely got it from the her high school dance team she's on.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

There are certain things that I never skimp on:
Work boots, tires, and toilet paper.Smile

Dad always said “Toilet paper, garbage bags and condoms”

Something about a hell of a mess to clean up when they break...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Even as the city has contained the spread of the virus, it has been unable to exert control over its threat to the economy," the New York Times wrote last month. "Numerous economic indicators suggest that New York City will face an extended financial crisis, the likes of which has not been seen since the 1970s."

Success over the virus in New York has also been a topic of much controversy, as the state has recorded far more deaths than any other state in the Union.

First 9/11, now the Kung Flu? Dare we wonder whether New York City is hitting the sharper end of a downward trajectory?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

First 9/11, now the Kung Flu? Dare we wonder whether New York City is hitting the sharper end of a downward trajectory?

Unlike 9/11, most of the current damage is self-inflicted due to democrat policies.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
It is being discovered that when someone can perform their job at home efficiently then there's no need for skyscraper offices.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, NYC completely screwed itself in an attempt to purposely torpedo the economy in order to damage the President; like a Venezuelan Navy ship trying to ram an ice breaker.

On the plus side, maybe they can make a kickass sequel to The Warriors now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Escape from NY:2020

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post