SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’d consider it under conditions like: it comes out of the WH operating budget with no increase in fees or taxes, can also be funded by budgets of schools, universities and DMV under same constraints. Must be made by American company in the USA like 3M.

Wish is to basically say I won’t willingly comply.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe, that since WWII, we've always had a "the Boogie Man coming to get us" fear among the American population.

First Russians, then Cubans, then Terrorists and now Covid-19.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't we just color our current masks white and call it a day?

And why stop at N95? Why not N97?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
As predictable as my morning constitutional.

It's all because of our savior, Joke Biden!
Roll Eyes

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i think some of you guys just need to move on. Just do your thing. being fixated on this mask thing is making you guys look like the people you despise. being obsessed cannot be good for you. it is pretty obvious it is having a negative affect on you. it is just a handful of you that cannot move past this point in time. life has and needs to move on. this too will pass.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i think some of you guys just need to move on. Just do your thing. being fixated on this mask thing is making you guys look like the people you despise. being obsessed cannot be good for you. it is pretty obvious it is having a negative affect on you. it is just a handful of you that cannot move past this point in time. life has and needs to move on. this too will pass.

Right on, Karen Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right on,

Good to hear Festus! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Moving the goalposts again! Smile

Now it's 3 shots and 2 masks - and the mask wearing is required even after everyone is vaccinated.

Next it will be 3 masks and weekly injections for life Roll Eyes

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/ne...ird-shot-bill-gates/

Third shot may be needed to combat new coronavirus variants, Bill Gates says

A third dose of coronavirus vaccine may be needed to prevent serious cases of new variants of the disease, Bill Gates said Tuesday. The billionaire philanthropist's comments come amid to the growing concern that current vaccines are less effective against the South African and Brazilian variants.

"The discussion now is do we just need to get a super high coverage of the current vaccine, or do we need a third dose that's just the same, or do we need a modified vaccine?" Gates told "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell.

"All five of the companies that have U.S. vaccines are looking at making that modification and adding that in so that people who've already had two shots might need to get a third shot," he said. "I think it's reasonably likely that we will have a tuned vaccine just to make absolutely sure that as these variants hit the U.S. that they're not escaping from vaccine protection."

Gates is funding studies in South Africa to determine whether the AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax vaccines were as effective against the more contagious variant.

"AstraZeneca in particular has a challenge with the variant. And the other two, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax, are slightly less effective, but still effective enough that we absolutely should get them out as fast as we can while we study this idea of tuning the vaccine," Gates said.

If the coronavirus is not eradicated, he said, additional shots may be necessary in the future. "Probably not yearly, but as long as it's out there, we want as many Americans as possible not to be spreading it to each other," he said.

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former head of the Food and Drug Administration, told CBS News' "Face the Nation" on February 7 that he believed the vaccines currently being distributed in the U.S. would offer "reasonable protection" against the new variants, even if they are less effective against the new strains. Still, he said, it may also be necessary to administer booster shots in the fall.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t this just make you feel all safe and protected.
With everybody wearing a mask, your surgeon maybe getting an inferior (counterfeit) mask.
Seems silly that the whole country would be wearing mask made in China where this whole thing started.
Makes one wonder if some of these masks might have a bit of that China Virus embedded.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Down at the local Subway, checkin' out the menu...

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going all in:
MSA Millennium CBC Gas Mask. $731.99 from Galls.
Dupont hooded / booted disposable haz mat suit from Discount Safety Gear. $8.50 each and quantity discounts are available.
Then I can grocery shop in safety.
Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Yet another prong of the attack on the people in this country. Biden wants federal workers punished for not wearing masks and rewards given to those that get the vaccine in the form of paid leave. He also wants police action taken against non-federal folks for not masking up on federal property; where an agency does not have LEO’s, he wants local police called in to take enforcement action. 1984 gets closer each day with these people.

https://www.govexec.com/workfo...-bonus-leave/172111/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Biden wants federal workers punished for not wearing masks

https://www.govexec.com/workfo...-bonus-leave/172111/
The punishment for non-compliance is terrible to contemplate. Per the linked article, this punishment actually goes as far as paid administrative leave!

This is harsh and cruel punishment. Probably unconstitutional.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
From the text-
“ They should consider banning those employees from the workplace until the disciplinary action is resolved and place the worker on paid administrative leave until the punishment is issued”

The paid leave for noncompliance is to keep from being sued; the “punishment” is the part that should be of real concern. THAT won’t be paid leave I can assure you.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I just tell the mask Karen's that I already had the Rona and have been vaccinated, all is well

You can't hide from this shit, if it's gonna get ya, nothing you can do about it

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Reports that 1/3rd of the military is refusing vaccination. So in order to convince the peon's to get the vaccine, the commanders are coming up with some "imminent deployment" bullshit to get their numbers up. That'll go over like a turd in a punch bowl. Lying to your subordinates will lose their trust and erode all semblance of discipline. Fucking military leadership now is pathetic.

Thousands of service members are refusing or putting off COVID-19 vaccine

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Who made Windows 95 Bill Gates an expert on pandemics and immunization?

Stick to making crappy operating systems, you globalist cocksmoker Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
How long before Commissar Lloyd Austin declares that vaccine refusal equates with extremism...

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Reports that 1/3rd of the military is refusing vaccination. So in order to convince the peon's to get the vaccine, the commanders are coming up with some "imminent deployment" bullshit to get their numbers up. That'll go over like a turd in a punch bowl. Lying to your subordinates will lose their trust and erode all semblance of discipline. Fucking military leadership now is pathetic.

Thousands of service members are refusing or putting off COVID-19 vaccine

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
How long before Commissar Lloyd Austin declares that vaccine refusal equates with extremism...

No doubt. Add that they'll be counseling soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines inhibiting further progress in their careers (no schools, promotions, yada, yada, bullshit). The readiness numbers are gonna start tanking and they know it

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wuhan Lab Eligible to Receive US Taxpayer Funding Through 2024, NIH Confirms

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...reaking-2021-02-18-2

The Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) is authorized to receive taxpayer funding for animal research until January 2024, the National Institute of Health told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The WIV is at the center of widespread speculation that COVID-19 could have entered the human population in China due to an accidental lab leak. Researchers at the lab were studying bat-based coronaviruses prior to the outbreak, a project partially backed by $600,000 in U.S. taxpayer funds routed to the lab through the nonprofit group EcoHealth Alliance.

The president of EcoHealth Alliance, Peter Daszak, was the sole U.S. member of the World Health Organization (WHO) delegation that investigated the origins of the pandemic on the ground in China in January and February. While the WHO delegation has yet to release a report on their findings, Daszak said the White House should blindly accept their conclusion that it’s highly unlikely the virus could have leaked from the WIV.

Daszak also said American intelligence, which indicates researchers at the WIV became infected with COVID-like symptoms before the first known cases in December 2019, shouldn’t be trusted.

EcoHealth Alliance’s work researching bat-based coronaviruses in China was funded by a $3.7 million grant from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in 2014, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The grant was terminated by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in April amid criticism over EcoHealth Alliance’s relationship with the WIV. The NIH said in a letter the nonprofit’s work in China did not align with “program goals and agency priorities.”

The NIH told EcoHealth Alliance in July it would restore the grant if it met certain conditions, one of which was to arrange for an independent team to investigate the WIV to determine if it had possession of the SARS-COV-2 virus prior to the first known cases in December 2019.

Daszak told NPR that the NIH’s conditions were “preposterous.”

“I’m not trained as a private detective,” Daszak said. “It’s not really my job to do that.”

However, the WIV still has an active Foreign Assurance on file with the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare, which enables it to continue receiving taxpayer funds to engage in animal research, according to the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare.

A NIH spokeswoman told the Daily Caller News Foundation that the WIV’s Foreign Assurance was approved on Jan. 9, 2019, and is currently set to expire on Jan. 31, 2024.

The spokeswoman did not confirm whether the WIV is currently receiving direct or indirect taxpayer funding for research activities involving animals. EcoHealth Alliance’s last known subgrant to the WIV was in May 2019, according to USASpending.Gov.

EcoHealth Alliance received a new $7.5 million grant from the NIH to help establish a Centers for Research in Emerging Infectious Diseases. Daszak told NPR that the funds his organization received from the new grant will not be used for any research in China.

The president of the nonpartisan watchdog group White Coat Waste Project, Anthony Bellotti, told the DCNF that EcoHealth Alliance should be defunded entirely for funding “reckless gain-of-function animal experiments that may have led to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

“We’re urging Congress and the White House to defund EcoHealth now and secure independent investigations into whether their treacherous gain-of-function animal experiments at the Wuhan Institute of Virology led to the COVID outbreak.”

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post