SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Dr. Grinch Fraudci wants you to cancel your Thanksgiving plans:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This man MUST be shown the door on November 4 or as soon as possible!

Dr. Fauci suggests canceling Thanksgiving gatherings amid COVID uptick

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I'm going to DIE of the Covid I'm damn sure gonna eat my Thanksgiving feast first.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
So masks magically work in 1 direction, but not the other, is that about right?

C’mon man! Get with the program! Cool

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^LOL

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Spoke with a friend who lives outside London, he said:

'We are going back to a semi lock down tomorrow. Groups of no more than six outside , no visitors to homes if they don’t live there etc."

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
...no visitors to homes if they don’t live there etc."
If they live there, they're not bloody well a visitor, are they? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Think about it. That's their logic to get everyone to comply. You are responsible for everyone else, everyone else is responsible for you. All for 1, 1 for all and all that.

It takes a village!
For the Fatherland!
For the Motherland!

You will comply!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
...no visitors to homes if they don’t live there etc."
If they live there, they're not bloody well a visitor, are they? Roll Eyes

Depends are you using regular math or common core?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh F*CK THAT NOISE!

Are these people for real? You are going to stop human interaction? Something that we are ingrained to do?

These people are nuts, absolutely nuts. Roll Eyes

US Army Wants To Make COVID Social Distancing 'Permanent' Even After Pandemic Ends

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Either that or they have absolute authority, a terror of being held responsible, and a disinclination to think their way through their day any more than they have to.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Dr. Grinch Fraudci wants you to cancel your Thanksgiving plans:

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This man MUST be shown the door on November 4 or as soon as possible!

Well, he can kiss my ass. I just got off the phone with Delta a few hours ago booking my flights for my family to travel to my sister's for Thanksgiving. No chance in hell we're canceling. This jerk is a medical megalomaniac.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
So masks magically work in 1 direction, but not the other, is that about right?

That's why I always wear mine inside out, that way it protects me.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wear two. One correctly and the other inside out.

Just like Big Joe!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just like Big Joe!

Hey may have 5 layered up by time of election. Restarting a trend!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
K&N Face Masks Add 5 Horsepower to Your Face

K&N's face covers are washable, adjustable, and come in three different colors.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/n...ter-maker-face-mask/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
K&N Face Masks Add 5 Horsepower to Your Face

K&N's face covers are washable, adjustable, and come in three different colors.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/n...ter-maker-face-mask/

That's gonna be messy when you spray the oil on after washing

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
If in the course of performing my duties I was as wrong as the CDC has been about this virus, I would have gone out of business. Incidentally, many businesses have, through not fault of their own.

I, and probably many others, used to think CDC actually served an important purpose; particularly if an event like this occured. They're bureaucrats like most other agencies. Drain that swamp too.

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
So I traveled last weekend again, from Augusta GA via Charlotte to Denver, then the return from Carlsbad NM ("Boutique Air", a single-engine Cessna) to Dallas, then to Augusta. A few months back, there were maybe 75% of the people wearing masks. This time around, it was almost 100%. Obviously, on the plane (American Airlines) it is required, if you don't wear a mask they won't let you board. But surprisingly, in the airports, it was well over 99%. As a matter of fact, I only saw one other person besides myself that was blatantly not wearing a mask, as in she didn't even have it around her neck or hanging off the bottom of her face.

This of course doesn't count the people who don't wear them correctly, not covering the nose. There were a fair amount of those. Or those not wearing while eating.

Interestingly enough, on the Boutique Airlines flight (yes, that is really their name), masks weren't required. It's an 8-seat plane, and 4 were filled.

American, while requiring masks, has you packed in like sardines.

I also remain incongruously proud of the fact I have not yet bought a mask. Every time I go somewhere where one is needed, I make them give me one (including a new mask every time I board a flight). I was in Savannah a month ago and went into the visitor's center to use the facilities. They wanted to sell me a mask on the say in, but I really had to go bad, so I claimed a medical condition. And anywhere else that wanted to sell me one (A few restaurants come to mind) do not get my business.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Australia, state of Victoria lockdown update.

source link: news.com.au

Victorian Premier (similar to a US Governor) Daniel Andrews, has outlined the long-awaited changes to coronavirus restrictions across the state.

(Note: Stage 4 lockdown has been in place since August 2, 2020.)

For the first time in more than 100 days (seems more like 12 months) Melbourne residents will be able to leave their homes for more than two hours – as far as 25km (about 15.5 miles).

Time limits for exercise and social activities will be scrapped from 11.59pm Sunday.

Metropolitan residents will be able to gather outside in groups of up to 10 (from two households) and travel restrictions will extend from 5km (3 miles) to 25km.

Masks will remain mandatory and the controversial ban on golf will be lifted – but patrons will not be allowed to enter club rooms.

Tennis clubs, skateparks, hairdressers and the real estate industry have also been given the green light to reopen.

Outdoor pools can host up to 30 swimmers.

From November 1, a greater number of changes – including the reopening of retail and hospitality and the scrapping of the four reasons to leave home – will come into play, though Mr Andrews promised it could be sooner.

The 25km rule will be in place until at least Nov 1; possible for a 4 week extension.

These announcements came ahead of the Australian Rules Football (AFL = aerial ping pong for some) grand final next weekend.
And the first Tuesday of November - the Melbourne Cup for the horsey and social types.

And a side note: firearm ranges and associated retail outlets, are still firmly closed, for an undetermined timeframe. Shutdown earlier this year.
As soon as they could, like agenda item #1.

I have a personal opinion here - you guess the language.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My God.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)