SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
But my kid is out of work and can't make his car payment. He asked me for the money. He's 17.
Ouch, I assume whoever cosigned the loan is on the hook then.

Unlikely at 17 he's on it at all, he's a minor.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Pardon if I've missed an answer to this question, but this thread grows so much each day I cannot read every page.

Question: is this stimulus money going to be considered taxable income, when I file my 2020 return?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Based on Wages, Salaries, & Tips or Taxable Income??
Read here: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...avirus-response-bill
Thanks Kstoner! It's a bonus for me personally that they will use 2019's income if you've already filed your taxes for last year. 2018...> $75k. 2019...< $75k. Smile I'll probably wind up donating it to my church anyway...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
^^^^^
Based on Wages, Salaries, & Tips or Taxable Income??

Read here: https://www.foxnews.com/politi...avirus-response-bill

That doesn’t say if they are going off income, or taxable income. Unless I missed it.

If it’s taxable income I’ll get some. If it’s straight income I won’t.

My ex though, who lives with her parents, is unemployed and lives off the tax free alimony and child support I pay her will get 3400 since her last tax return shows her as married with 2 kids.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Minnesota goes for the lock in

Stay at Home until April 15

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but FWIW, one of the most sensible pieces of information I’ve seen.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
That doesn’t say if they are going off income, or taxable income. Unless I missed it.
Yup...that's still VERY unclear. [insert puzzled look here]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1817 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Yup...that's still VERY unclear. [insert puzzled look here]

This article says AGI. It goes off your last filed return.

If that’s correct then yeah, I’ll get nothing and my unemployed ex will get 3400.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.timestelegram.com/...for-medical-supplies

Remington offers facilities for medical supplies

By Stephanie Sorrell-White and Donna Thompson / Times Telegram
Posted Mar 24, 2020 at 1:31 PM
Updated Mar 24, 2020 at 7:09 PM

ILION — With Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s executive order for all non-essential workers to stay home to stop the spread of the coronavirus in place, Remington Arms officials are offering their Ilion plant to be used as a manufacturing space for much-needed hospital supplies to fight the virus.

It was announced Friday that manufacturing operations at the plant would be shut down until at least April 30 to comply with Cuomo’s order, which is freeing up space.

“The Remington plant in Ilion now has approximately one million square feet of unused and available manufacturing space,” said Ken D’Arcy, chief executive officer of Remington Arms in a March 23 letter to Cuomo and President Donald Trump. “We would be honored to donate our facility to the production of ventilators, surgical masks, hospital beds or any other products mission-critical to the war on coronavirus.”

D’Arcy noted in the letter that “ventilators are essential to winning this new kind of war and Remington stands ready to enlist in wartime production.”

New York and other states are scrambling to obtain protective gear for health care workers and first responders, reaching out worldwide and working with manufacturers to ratchet up production as the coronavirus pandemic sweeps through the nation.

There are more than 25,000 positive cases in New York state and at least 210 deaths, according to state figures released Tuesday. Most of the cases and deaths have been recorded in New York City, an emerging worldwide hotspot in the outbreak.

Cuomo said during a press conference Tuesday that the state is in need of 30,000 ventilators to treat the surge of patients anticipated to be diagnosed with the virus, when the state is only reporting it has 7,000 available.

A Remington Arms official could not be reached Tuesday for further comment, including how the logistics of such an operation would work.

A request for comment from the White House on this offer was no’t returned Tuesday.

Locally, officials approved of the offer.

“This is in line with Remington to do something like this,” said Ilion Mayor Brian Lamica by telephone Tuesday. “They have always been there to help.”

Lamica said the Ilion plant has a history that goes beyond producing firearms, as it has also produced typewriters, sewing machines, bicycles and fire engines.

“It’s absolutely fantastic that the CEO would do that and reach out and try to help,” he said.

“I think it’s great,” said John Piseck, executive director of the Herkimer County Industrial Development Agency.

He added that his understanding is that Remington is not offering its personnel or equipment — “that’s set up for gun manufacturing” — but space that could be used for production or for distribution of goods.

“They’ve got a lot of space and the Thruway’s nearby. It’s a nice location,” said Piseck.

Herkimer County Administrator James Wallace said he had talked with Remington Arms Plant Manager Joseph Panko Tuesday.

“They’re going through the process,” he said, adding Remington has also requested a waiver to allow the plant to continue producing firearms for military and police use.

“If they can utilize more of their space, that would be great. We’ve heard of the tremendous need for PPE (personal protective equipment). The quicker they can get it, the better,” said Wallace.

State Sen. James Seward was also supportive of the plan.

“The Remington Arms workforce consists of dedicated, skilled men and women and I am working closely with the plant manager in Ilion to get them back on the job,” he said in an email. “I have discussed this tremendous offer with company officials and pledged my support. Anything we can do to get people back to work in a safe environment, while helping our state recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, has my full endorsement.”

Besides all non-essential workers ordered to stay home, schools and other public places have been shut down in an effort to control the spread.

The illness has reached the Mohawk Valley with at least seven positive cases reported in Herkimer County and a total of 12 positive cases reported in Oneida County.

The Associated Press contributed to this article.

A March 20th article says the plant is closing down as non-essential:

https://www.timestelegram.com/...n-until-end-of-april

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This came in via e-mail yesterday from Texas State Rifle Assoc. Several County Judges (the county's head of emergency management) in Texas are violating the state's pre-emption law by tyring to regulate firearms.
quote:
Dear TSRA Member:

Today, State Representative Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock), Chairman of the Texas House Committee on Ways & Means, formally requested an opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on whether city and/or county officials can prohibit the sale of firearms through an emergency order or declaration by excluding firearms manufacturers and retailers as "essential businesses." On Monday, the Mayor of the City of Lubbock, which is in Burrows' district, issued an order to close all "non-essential" businesses within city limits, with no exemption for gun stores. Other cities and counties, including Waco, Austin, Bexar County, Dallas County and Travis County, have issued similar orders (a copy of Harris County's "stay at home" order was not available as this alert went out.)

These actions by local elected officials could violate the state firearms preemption law, which restricts the authority of cities and counties to enact a patchwork of regulations affecting the sale and transfer of firearms across the State of Texas.

During an emergency, food, water, shelter and adequate medical care are paramount for survival, but so too is the ability of an individual to protect his or herself, as well as their family, home, business and property. The lines of customers outside of firearm retailers across Texas in recent days is testament to the fact that they believe the ability to exercise their constitutional rights protected by the Second Amendment is essential, as they may find themselves facing situations where they need to be their own first responders.

Your TSRA-Legislative Director will continue to monitor this situation and will report to you on further developments.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Disgusting...

A man in Missouri was arrested after licking a row of products on a Walmart shelf and filming it, then posting it to social media.

Before licking the items he said, "Who's scared of the coronavirus?" The video also has text on it that reads, "I'm a nasty moths ******!!!"

The Riverfront Times reported Tuesday that the man, 26-year-old Cody Pfister, was charged with "making a terrorist threat."

https://www.fox61.com/article/...5c-a4be-c491286dc8d4

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23950 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
We've gone all but full on outbreak mode for response to any call where the person is presenting symptoms similar to C-19, which with the new list of symptoms will probably be every medical. Potential symptoms now include:

Coughing
Difficulty breathing
Fever
Chills
Severe back pain
Headache
Diarrhea
Nausea/Vomiting
Chest pain
Confusion

With N95s and hospital gowns in short supply I'm guessing we'll be switching to air packs and Tyvek suits for basically every medical soon.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Add the loss of the abilities to taste and smell to the list of possible symptoms.

Posts: 10828 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
26-year-old Cody Pfister

Hope he is homeless and working at, well, shit-shoveler forever.

26? How many actual adults don't understand they are responsible for their actions by that time? Shit, I'd been working for 16 years. And that woman over there was swelling up... Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12351 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
26-year-old Cody Pfister

Hope he is homeless and working at, well, shit-shoveler forever.

26? How many actual adults don't understand they are responsible for their actions by that time? Shit, I'd been working for 16 years. And that woman over there was swelling up... Razz

The kids down the road from me doing it got off Scott free.

Link

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Not sure if this has been posted, but FWIW, one of the most sensible pieces of information I’ve seen.

That's timely Tanner, thanks. My FIL passed last week in Florida. My wife has been with her mother since then. She planned to drive her up here to St Louis to spend a few weeks with us as she's not ready to stay home alone - all alone - as the rest of the family is in this area. We're sheltering in place, only going out for necessities, but is it more dangerous to bring her here? She's in good health but over 70. We're thinking hard on what to do. No good choices.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Question: is this stimulus money going to be considered taxable income, when I file my 2020 return?

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hoping someone can help me out here. I read this afternoon that some liberal (moron) governor had issued an executive order banning doctors from prescribing Chloroquine for Coronavirus patients. Going back now, I can't find the article. Anyone else see this and can point us to a link discussing this item?

If this is true, this is beyond insane.

Never mind, found it... https://www.washingtontimes.co...ans-malaria-drugs-c/

Congrats Nevada, you elected both a moron and a tin horn dictator wannabe. This is indeed insane that a fricking politician (some of the absolute dumbest morons on the planet) would insert himself into medical decisions. Wow! Just wow!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The memes have been the best part of this thread.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post