SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Dr Fauci recommends butt plugs in public to reduce spread of corona virus Eek

Will you wear one?

410 votes Total

Yes 294 71.7%

No 116 28.3%

Voting closed Big Grin

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Regarding the vax (experimental treatment). I believe I have said it before. If it does not protect you from getting the virus. Or spreading it. And virtually no one is dying from it now, (improved knowledge and treatments).
Then why get it? How is getting it going to change how you currently live your life?

There is so much unknown (to be learned) in the years to come. That until more is known it seem's to me to be "pushed" to get the poke should be viewed with skepticism at the very least.

Probably close to 70% of the world's population is going to forced to get ie: Israel. Or in our country get it because they are scared or tired of the constant, no stop, 24/7 hammering to get. That and some give in and say "I just want it to be over".

If those in power get their way. It will never be over.

The push to get this is unlike anything ever seen and it is going to worse, before it gets better. I have a suspicion.

In the mean time look at all the other things going on around us.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
And now the accelerated program... anyone can get it now if 16 or older... BIG push on social media promoting the shot and robot calls to phones. Almost begging people to get it.

Local TV... Dr. pushing the shot... He said you better hurry and get in line, it going to be busy... might run out... people rushing to get it before summer blah blah blah

Only about 25% of the population around here has had the shot, they claimed they need 75% minimum participation for herd immunity.

In other words, seems they can't give the damn shot away!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
And now the accelerated program... anyone can get it now if 16 or older... BIG push on social media promoting the shot and robot calls to phones. Almost begging people to get it.

Local TV... Dr. pushing the shot... He said you better hurry and get in line, it going to be busy... might run out... people rushing to get it before summer blah blah blah

Only about 25% of the population around here has had the shot, they claimed they need 75% minimum participation for herd immunity.

In other words, seems they can't give the damn shot away!

Tons of articles like to one below are designed to dupe the masses into thinking the vaccine is in high demand.
I'm sure lots of doofuses have been suckered in by this propaganda.

Mar 13, 2021
Wealthy people are taking COVID-19 vaccines allotted for others
https://www.axios.com/covid-va...f2-e0690877116a.html

January 25, 2021, 4:06 AM
VIP vaccines: As availability tightens, the wealthy and well-connected push for access
https://abcnews.go.com/US/vip-...ss/story?id=75437334

Dec. 3, 2020
‘There absolutely will be a black market’: How the rich and privileged can skip the line for Covid-19 vaccines
https://www.statnews.com/2020/...or-covid19-vaccines/

Go inside a Best Buy, Walmart or any one of thousands of businesses around the Country and you'll see the employees wearing these masks "Half Ass" .

If businesses were really concerned about the spread of Covid, this would not be the case. This is just for appearances and everyone with half a brain (or more) knows it.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no shortage of vax around here, SE PA. Even the local RiteAid has a no-wait clinic for testing and vax. In one County, calls are made by vax staff to friends and family to come get the vax as once that day's vaccine is issued it cannot be returned to storage, and there are a number of no-shows by previously registered people. So use it or lose it by the end of the day.

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/st.../1374777986965209100

Researchers in Mexico have made a nose-only Covid mask, which they say reduces the risk of infection of coronavirus during eating and talking.

Toby had it covered here years ago:

https://www.facebook.com/NoseFilters

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
This is just for appearances and everyone with half a brain (or more) knows it.
Jupiter...both you and I know this has been the biggest hoax in the history of mankind. 10-15% concern? Sure! Treat it like the flu...if you're susceptible, take measures. 85-90%? ALL POLITICAL! Political...to get rid of President Trump. Political...to install their Golden Child Biden, who can do nothing more than drool in his pudding cup. Political...to see just how far the Leftist Progressives and RINOs can seize power and keep "we the people" chained, suppressed, and controlled.

And yes. A vast...VAST...number of individuals have been duped by the biggest HOAX in the history of mankind.

I'll just leave it at that.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Well I think Ohio did something right. They passed a law that said emergency health orders could only be valid for 30 days without the legislature voting on it. The governor vetoed that bill. Our legislature over-rode his veto. Way to go guys!!!
https://www.dispatch.com/story...e-dewine/6964465002/

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Well I think Ohio did something right. They passed a law that said emergency health orders could only be valid for 30 days without the legislature voting on it. The governor vetoed that bill. Our legislature over-rode his veto. Way to go guys!!!
https://www.dispatch.com/story...e-dewine/6964465002/
""It wasn't the health orders that hurt businesses, it was the pandemic," Sen. Tina Maharath, D-Canal Winchester, said." And another moron pukes stupidity into the public square. No mam, 'government' is exactly what has, and is, killing this country. That and the abject stupidity and blood lust for power by the rejects we have in Washington and many state legislatures.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
There was a snowflake business owner whining because now he didn't have back up on masks in his store. He is maintaining the policy because he doesn't want to catch covid and if you don't like it shop on Amazon. Well dude, problem solved. (Doesn't he trust his vaccine??)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two weeks ago my wife talked me into it because we hope our trip to Alaska in June might happen. Well, two weeks later, my wife was was diagnosed with AFIB.

She goes to the doctors regularly, and has no history of heart problems in her family, so go figure Mad

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Can't do that. As far as I understand from medical processionals, no one can be compelled to take a vaccine that is on Emergency Use Authorization without full FDA approval. Asserting such could get your employer in big trouble.

Could you please point me toward statute or case law about that? The outfit my girlfriend works for is acting like they are about to make the vaccine mandatory for continued employment.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She goes to the doctors regularly, and has no history of heart problems in her family, so go figure

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ask your cardiologist about travel. These days it can be treated with an anticoagulant that does not require bloodwork. It is the most common heart ailment and responds well to treatment.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Had my periodic appointment with my internist today. Been with him well over 20 years and trust him. He had been the "kidney guy" at the regional hospital too until he hit 60 yo.

Spent a long time discussing his experience with Covid19 patients ranging from 50 to 105 yo. No HIPAA violations here. Also noted some folks who got the virus within a couple weeks following their first vaccination. They all apparently went "full normal" without precautions so not surprising. Yes, he had some deaths including one of two twin 105 year old sisters. One opted to be treated with a new non_FDA approved infusion drug, the other not. Only one survived. The IV infusion takes about a hour or so as an outpatient. He has had a number of patients so treated and all with very positive results.

He also discussed some new studies showing a 70% heart damage rate (varying degrees) with those who suffered severe Covid19 symptoms but survived. Unlike most Covid related lung damage where the body heals, heart damage is irreparable.

He personally has had the Moderna series and had to take some OTC pain relievers after the second although that didn't prevent him from working.

Yes the death rate is decreasing but that may be due in no small part to the most at risk demographic having already expired.

Yes, you can successfully (very high percentage rate) be treated if you get Covid19, but the long term after effects are only now becoming known such as heart damage.

He convinced me, as a septuagenarian active cancer patient with a heart attack history, that getting vaccinated was a prudent bet vs not. I have appointment tomorrow afternoon for my first Moderna shot.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well good for you. It was a carefully reasoned choice on your part. I think with time we will see an increasing number of patients with myocarditis as a result of COVID. Most of the athletes who tested COVID positive did not have damage, so it may have something to do with age and obesity.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Most athletes are asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms. The studies Doc discussed with me were of those suffering serious effects of COVID19 having that high percentage of heart damage post recovery. Yeah middle age and older predominantly.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I am guilty of being obtuse. For quite awhile there was great concern with athletes. Fortunately those fears of myocarditis proved to be unfounded. There are many nonathletes in my community that were hospitalized with COVID and now have long term cardiac issues. That includes patients in their twenties. If you have comorbidites your risk is even greater. The lung issues appear to improve somewhat with time. I hope that clears it up.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Can't do that. As far as I understand from medical processionals, no one can be compelled to take a vaccine that is on Emergency Use Authorization without full FDA approval. Asserting such could get your employer in big trouble.

Could you please point me toward statute or case law about that? The outfit my girlfriend works for is acting like they are about to make the vaccine mandatory for continued employment.

https://blog.petrieflom.law.ha...ua-mandate-business/

360bbb-3 (e)(1)(A)(ii)(III) of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act – 21 U.S.C. 564, “Authorization for medical products for use in emergencies,”

(e)Conditions of authorization

(1)Unapproved product

(A)Required conditions

With respect to the emergency use of an unapproved product, the Secretary, to the extent practicable given the applicable circumstances described in subsection (b)(1), shall, for a person who carries out any activity for which the authorization is issued, establish such conditions on an authorization under this section as the Secretary finds necessary or appropriate to protect the public health, including the following:

(ii)Appropriate conditions designed to ensure that individuals to whom the product is administered are informed—

(III) of the option to accept or refuse administration of the product, of the consequences, if any, of refusing administration of the product, and of the alternatives to the product that are available and of their benefits and risks.

Of course, a whole bunch of shithouse lawyers in the media are saying it can be mandated based on prior history of vaccine mandates. The fact that these vaccines are being used under EUA means, if the law is interpreted strictly, that they are voluntary. Once the FDA fully approves then use they can be mandated under various precedents. And of course, the military can be compelled in any case.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday.

So far the only side effect is a very slightly sore upper arm.

Reporting is generally that after the two shots and then a 2 week time period, the vaccines are very effective in keeping people out of the hospital even if they do subsequently catch the virus.

I am an older guy and have diabetes. My wife has bad asthma. She would be in a difficult situation if she were to become infected w Covid 19

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I hope that clears it up.

Yup. Big Grin

You and my Doc agree about the heart damage risks. Which again for my situation is a risk worse than any issues associated with the vaccinations. Which is why I've now changed from NOPE to SCHEDULED. Smile Smile Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192