SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
LA Sheriff Superspreader Task Force detains 900 during NYE party busts

And how do they know where these parties are? Los Angeles County covers a large area, with diverse terrain and population density, and there are only so many deputies. It is highly unlikely LASD is conducting patrols to find these parties. It is very likely that they know because people are snitching. This is how the Gestapo was able to be so effective. It wasn't because they were all-knowing and all-seeing, it was because of large numbers of people only too willing to rat out their neighbors and friends.

Here is a story of a similar occurrence in Canada (town of Gatineau, Quebec). https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...inside-home-n2582450 Video (I did not personally watch it) contained therein.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local news was touting the wonderful news that flue cases were way down and only a few deaths this year in our state. Well duuhhhh.... of course those numbers are down since every little cough or sniffle is classified as covid you morons!!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

Anybody who thinks the police are going to side with the common man is delusional. They are going to side with whoever is signing their paychecks.

how about those that are paying it - anyone can sign....

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Anybody who thinks the police are going to side with the common man is delusional. They are going to side with whoever is signing their paychecks.

how about those that are paying it - anyone can sign....

We might be paying for them, but we’re not signing the checks.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

And how do they know where these parties are? Los Angeles County covers a large area, with diverse terrain and population density, and there are only so many deputies. It is highly unlikely LASD is conducting patrols to find these parties. It is very likely that they know because people are snitching. This is how the Gestapo was able to be so effective. It wasn't because they were all-knowing and all-seeing, it was because of large numbers of people only too willing to rat out their neighbors and friends.

People aren’t “snitching” or “ratting out” their neighbors....you get a buncha people together and they will be loud just trying to talk....add some music and some alcohol and they get louder...

Someone down the street who has a job and has to go to work tomorrow called the cops to get them to be quiet. It’s that simple. Nothing nefarious.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'd say that they are using social media to do most of the snooping. "They" aren't necessarily the police either. It could be "friends" that didn't get an invite or some busy body that just hates that others are enjoying themselves or even some moron that truly believes the whole "everyone is gonna die" bullshit.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The article says that the party was advertised on instagram. Not too hard to locate the party.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If you think that people aren’t snitching, and you are worried about trusting cops in the same breath, I have some oceanfront property for you.

Prices too cheap to advertise.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Not to mention, spending the whole shift shutting down parties, giving citations to non-compliant bars & restaurants, etc is much safer than say, busting 24/7 drug operations in the hood, patroling crime infested neighborhoods, & stuff like that.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at this article from iHeart radio. Link

They are thinking that an inflatable costume is the cause of an outbreak in a San Jose Medical Center.

quote:
They said they are looking into the possibility that the fan on the "air-powered costume" could have spread droplets that contained the virus. Officials believe the exposure was accidental and said that the employee was not showing any symptoms at the time.

Inflatable costumes draw air into them to keep the inflated. Not blow the air outward.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

People aren’t “snitching” or “ratting out” their neighbors....you get a buncha people together and they will be loud just trying to talk....add some music and some alcohol and they get louder...

Someone down the street who has a job and has to go to work tomorrow called the cops to get them to be quiet. It’s that simple. Nothing nefarious.

They don't need to your smartphone will tell them where you are.
https://odysee.com/@RobBraxman...tact-apps-safe-for:7

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
People aren’t “snitching” or “ratting out” their neighbors....

Sure they are. Just the other week after a couple cities here passed ridiculous ordinances to make businesses require masks under threat of fines and/or closure, there was a news story on how many "karens" called in to report businesses and shoppers. It was a large number. These morons would not hesitate to report their neighbors.
These idiots likely never stop to think about where they will shop if they cause a place to shut down that they do regular business with.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Timing seems "opportunistic"

Andrew Cuomo:

"We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely"

suddenly the risks of economic collapse are worse than the COVID-19 threat, which is the same message President Trump has been sharing for months.

https://theconservativetreehou...economy/#more-207043

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
BBC basically says “Go fuck yourself”

https://www.breitbart.com/euro...partner-is-yourself/

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I came across this article (partially). Anybody know what the key points of it is (I can't read the full article).

Chinese Covid-19 Tests Were Pushed by Federal Agencies Despite Security Warnings

https://www.wsj.com/articles/c...warnings-11610533802

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just found out that a friend I've known all my life since first grade but have sort of not kept in touch the past few years after I got married and started having children, his father age 73 died of COVID back in October. I knew he had passed away but did not know cause and didn't want to appear to be nosey.

What sucks is he was pretty healthy and in good shape for 73 but this fucking Chicom virus hit him fast and hard and he couldn't breathe and went into the hospital and never came back out alive again in a relatively fast time.

That's the thing I just don't get about this weapon...errr virus. The way it seems to hit people SO DAMN RANDOMLY. My wife's best friend's mother got it in a nursing home, age 80, and had the sniffles and was over it in a week. This guy gets it and dies within days. Mad Confused

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Final Act, Trump Admin To Present 'Bombshell' Findings Blaming Wuhan Lab For COVID-19, WHO Cover-Up

https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...b-covid-19-who-cover

The Trump administration will present 'dramatic new evidence' that the virus which causes COVID-19 leaked from a Wuhan lab, according to the Daily Mail, which adds that outgoing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will make a "bombshell" announcement that SARS-CoV-2 did not naturally jump from bats to humans through an intermediary species - and was instead cultured by scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), where both Chinese and foreign experts have warned of shoddy bio-security for years.

This is of course patently false, as several prominent microbiologists - including one who worked in the Wuhan lab - have said it was likely created there and likely escaped. Two weeks ago, US National Security Adviser Matthew Pottinger said there was a "growing body of evidence that the lab is likely the most credible source of the virus," while French intelligence warned of the possibility of a 'catastrophic leak' from the lab due to poor bio-security over a decade before the outbreak.

more at link.

Posts: 12578 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
There's no doubt it came from that lab.

This article talks about it coming from the lab also but calls it an "accident" when in fact it was negligence.

https://nymag.com/intelligence...b-escape-theory.html

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Months ago Brett Weinstein, an evolutionary biologist, said that it came from a lab. It's obvious when you look at the virus' genome and facts like its intolerance to UV, which suggests it was never "outside" in the light.

I believe he said it on Joe Rogan, but I listen to so many of Weintstein's podcasts and guest appearances that I'm not able to say for sure.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post