SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
BT, relax. This stuff can not happen over night. Did you even listen to the Potus. I am sure these 12 went home and self-quarantined like they were told vs went to Walmart and costco. Roll Eyes

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Accept no stories that aren't first hand or damn nearly so.

Come on now... no emails, no FB posts, no friends of friends...

Direct knowledge, or none, please.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
"You can get a test. Anyone can get a test." -Trump

A distant friend of my wife, came down with flu like symptoms. Went to a walk in clinic. They gave her a flu test, which came back negative. Doctor was alarmed with her symptoms, sent her to the ER to get tested for Coronavirus. The ER gave her a chest xray, which looked very bad. Said yeah, she needs the coronavirus test. Except they dont do the test at that hospital. Sent her with a doctors order to Quest labs. Quest labs asked her for travel history. Since she hasn't been to Europe or China, they said she does not qualify for the test and will not get one.

My wifes friends said there were 12 people in the ER that all, at the same time, went to quest labs for the same coronavirus test, all with the same symptoms. NONE of them were offered the test because none of them have traveled!!!

12 people, in the span of 2 hours in the same hospital, all with the same symptoms, all who had negative flu test, and all were denied a test.

This occurred in Florida. What an absolute cluster fuck.

Its out there folks. We are being lied to. The 1500 number that the CDC gives us is no better than Chinese propaganda. The governor of Ohio said that his experts believe that his state has at least 100,000 cases, just in Ohio, based on what they are seeing in the hospitals currently.

Different problem, but a few days ago my wife talked to a doc who had requested a test from the county public health department for a patient who had just returned from Rome. The initial response was no test "because Rome isn't in Italy."

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Accept no stories that aren't first hand or damn nearly so.

Come on now... no emails, no FB posts, no friends of friends...

Direct knowledge, or none, please.

Ok, his post mirrors my post from page 2 of this thread. Except it wasn’t my wife’s friend, it was me. Jan 21st, I had pneumonia out of nowhere with a high fever and a dry cough, sick like I’ve never been, and they wouldn’t test me because I hadn’t been out of the country. I’ve had pneumonia before, this was different, deeper in the lungs, very dry, almost impossible to cough out.

I’m really starting to think I already had it, based on what I’m reading and hearing from folks that have gone through it. They’re saying now that it’s likely been in the Puget Sound area for nearly two months now, and I think I might be one of those cases that flew under the radar.

Posts: 17100 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

A distant friend of my wife, came down with flu like symptoms.
Like she heard it from your cousins sisters brothers former roommate...?

Hmmmm....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

Different problem, but a few days ago my wife talked to a doc who had requested a test from the county public health department for a patient who had just returned from Rome. The initial response was no test "because Rome isn't in Italy."

Rome, NY?

Bubbatime, sometimes I think you're just praying for Mad Max times.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its out there folks. We are being lied to. The 1500 number that the CDC gives us is no better than Chinese propaganda. The governor of Ohio said that his experts believe that his state has at least 100,000 cases, just in Ohio, based on what they are seeing in the hospitals currently.

The 100K figure was not based on what they are seeing at hospitals. It was based on a fringe theory that if there are 2 or more people who test positive for the virus as a result of community spread (not travel-related) then you can assume that 1% of the population has it. This is not at all a proven theory.

If 100,000 people were infected, there would be several thousand people at the hospitals, and officials are not seeing anything close to that.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And now we can add Utah to the list of states for closing public schools. Gov. Herbert just announced a two week closure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rumor mill is churning big time around here. These are just some of things I have read from Faebook -

"Federal agents are going door to door!"

"The police helicopter has been up all day looking for looters"

"They are not telling us everything, my friend is a nurse and she said they have had hundreds of cases."

The last one is my favorite. I personally know 5 nurses in this area who work in 4 different hospitals and not one has seen anything of the sort.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
College Closings - Discussion on NPR about students on campus who are there with no financial support from home, no income, no home to go to when campus closes, and then told to go on spring break and don't come back.

How is this the college's problem?

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510053/on-point

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
And now we can add Utah to the list of states for closing public schools. Gov. Herbert just announced a two week closure.

Alabama just joined that list. Starting end of day, Wednesday 3/18 until 4/6

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Ok, pure absolute insane panic has hit Austin, TX. People were already stocking up and buying all of the toilet paper and hand sanitizer, but today they announced the first cases in Austin and now it is full blown panic.

I guess people think Coronavirus will take out our gas supply, power grid, and water supply will all be interrupted. I went to the grocery store to just get dinner for tonight and I NEEDED gas for my truck and it looked like hurricane preparation at the gas pumps with 5-8 cars deep at each pump so I moved on. In the store every single isle was almost 100% empty. All meat of any kind, frozen vegetables, eggs, milk, cleaning products of any kind, etc were all gone. I saw a guy with his cart loaded with every bag of charcoal he could fit.....is that the only way he thinks he can cook? I saw another lady with 15 packages of 1 dozens eggs....WTF? People are stupid.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^ “A distant friend of your wife”. Not saying you’re a liar, bubbatime, but sounds like a fish story that’s worked it’s way down to you.

I can assure you the story is true. I saw the numerous email and text exchanges. Due to what my wife does and this friend does it created quite the corporate shit storm with headquarters calls and calls to numerous county health departments. There was a lot more to the story that I left out of a public forum for reasons...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
<---- look under my screen name, I'm good on that front. Heck I'm good on any front for quite awhile. Started a month ago making sure I'm prepared for this virus or any other natural disasters that may happen in the future. Also got 3 month supply of medications and good first aid kits along with basic OTC medicine for headaches and colds. Feels nice to have all bases covered.

Honestly I should have had all that stuff in my basement years ago. This has been good motivation to be prepared.
What about toilet paper? Big Grin

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:..Like she heard it from your cousins sisters brothers former roommate...?

Hmmmm....

This thing travels faster than an REO Speedwagon!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

A distant friend of my wife, came down with flu like symptoms.
Like she heard it from your cousins sisters brothers former roommate...?

Hmmmm....

Trump said the "anyone can get a test" thing on March 6th. It was demonstrably untrue. As of March 11th, fewer than 8,000 tests had been performed.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's nail that lying bastard

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

And a large reason Trump's administration likely "fired" the existing alphabet agency that was in charge, and brought together those in the government who can work with the effective people in the private sector, as well as the setting aside many regulatory M&P that were impeding getting water on the fire.

However, there will be many who wish to stick a finger in Trump's eye, just for bragging rights or mental mastrubation.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

A distant friend of my wife, came down with flu like symptoms. Went to a walk in clinic. They gave her a flu test, which came back negative. Doctor was alarmed with her symptoms, sent her to the ER to get tested for Coronavirus. The ER gave her a chest xray, which looked very bad. Said yeah, she needs the coronavirus test. Except they dont do the test at that hospital. Sent her with a doctors order to Quest labs. Quest labs asked her for travel history. Since she hasn't been to Europe or China, they said she does not qualify for the test and will not get one.

My wifes friends said there were 12 people in the ER that all, at the same time, went to quest labs for the same coronavirus test, all with the same symptoms. NONE of them were offered the test because none of them have traveled!!!

12 people, in the span of 2 hours in the same hospital, all with the same symptoms, all who had negative flu test, and all were denied a test.

This occurred in Florida. What an absolute cluster fuck.

The problem is the U.S. has banned foreign test kits, and there simply are not enough test kits that are FDA approved to test all of the people that should be tested.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The North Carolina wing of the Civil Air Patrol just suspended all non-essential meetings, events, and activities until April 1 at least. Real world operations, like searching for a lost person or downed plane, will continue.