SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...I pray every day for this pernicious crap to end before my daughters get too much older. My oldest is almost 5. It's not too late for her to forget this time in her life, at least to the point that it won't cause a lasting impression.

You are extremely lucky your kids are so young. I have 3, twin 11 year olds who are doing kinda OK and a 16yo daughter who is about as bad as it gets. Severe anxiety and depression, she doesn't care about anything and is barely functioning...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is utterly unforgivable and reprehensible. Any parent that would allow their kids into that environment doesn't deserve to keep them. Parents need to band together and declare war on any group responsible for this BS. Make no mistake, this is 'war'.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is worse. I am sure the guy had good intentions but does NOT understand children and fear. BELOW:

Enough is enough’: South Mississippi man creates desk to keep children safe during school shootings
From 2018 until now, Todd Drummond along with his son have been hard at work to save and protect children during tragic events- creating the “Defender Safe Space Desk.”

LINK: https://www.wlox.com/video/202...ng-school-shootings/

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Why does Fox News give so much airtime to Gov. Cuomo (D-NY)? During the time when Covid was peaking, they had him on live daily covering his press conferences touting his response to the pandemic.

Today, they are covering his in-depth response to reports that his administration doctored the number of nursing home deaths related to Covid and his policies. Why is he getting all this exposure from Fox?

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
The Fox News of Today is not the same as it was prior to the kids getting involved.

As to the craziness of the rat-cell class room, that will not stop COVID, or any common rhinovirus. Kids are still going to touch doorknobs, go to the bathrooms, touch lunch tables, etc... It's like watching a person in the movies "cock" a hammer on Glock. Most who really know recognize the insanity. The spread is through so many other means. But that's irrelevant. Maybe I've got advance burn-out, but when the mortality rate in the US from Covid is so low, lets focus on real issues......oh wait......

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to make a "health conscious" impact in the classroom - take a look at what's in your students lunch boxes/lunch menu's. Get them outside and active. Start early and help make a dent in the 450,000 annual US obesity related deaths.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
This is how I feel sometimes.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ Downloaded for future use.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Teacher showcases her new 'COVID safe' classroom.
What the hell are we doing to our kids?

It’s called panic. There were plenty of people panicking in this thread, remember?

Panic? No, I did that early on. Then I got more information and adjusted my level of concern. Balzé is right, it's more like a cult now with a large side of partisanship.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Panic? No, I did that early on. Then I got more information and adjusted my level of concern. Balzé is right, it's more like a cult now with a large side of partisanship.

Agreed. My sister isn't panicking, she's converted to the Church of Covid. It's infiltrated every topic of discussion with her, much the way some use every last topic as an opportunity to bring up politics. She looks with suspicion and fear on everyone who doesn't think the same way she does, much the way we've seen from various religious institutions throughout history. No panic, but lots of fear - like Pascal's Wager, she's decided it's just better to take all the recommended "precautions" without a backward glance and can't for the life of her understand why others would choose not to. I love her, but she's driving me nuts with this shit.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
What kind of sick and demented mind came up with that travesty and why is it allowed anywhere near children?

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Balzé is right, it's more like a cult now with a large side of partisanship.
Yep. And like every cult in history, its primary focus is control of the people. Unfortunately, a huge portion of this country is too stupid and weak to do anything other than as they are told to do by their self appointed masters. Every instance in history where this paradigm existed ended very poorly for everyone.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We went to a Trader Joe market a few days ago. Stood in a line marked 6 feet apart and waited our turn inside. Cute girl at door measured number of shoppers leaving and allowed same number inside and reminded each person to have mask properly fixed. Signs everywhere reminding everyone proper Covid 19 sanitary rules.

Yesterday, we went into Fry's Super Market. Just grabbed a cart went inside and shopped. Some shoppers removed their mask.

No incidents. No Police called.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do you wanna know my theory about this? They make a shitload of HCQ there, and I’ll bet you a million bucks they gave it to every man woman and child!

From the UK Daily Mail:

Why did COVID fail to take off in India and has now collapsed? Mystery plunge in coronavirus baffles experts

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2021/02/16/...paign=site%20buttons

Two masks now required to enter Manhattan federal court buildings

Visitors to Manhattan federal court and other buildings in the Southern District of New York are now required to either wear two face masks or an FDA-approved N95 mask.

The double-mask requirement was included in the federal court district’s COVID-19 “phased re-entry plan” released on Feb. 11.

“You are required to wear either: (i) one disposable mask underneath a cloth mask
with the edges of the inner mask pushed against your face; or (ii) a properly fitted, FDA-authorized KN95 (or N95) mask,” the text of the plan states.

“Gaiters, bandannas, or masks with valves/vents are not acceptable face coverings. If you do not have the approved mask(s), a screener will provide one. No one will be admitted without the proper mask(s),” it adds.

Security guards at the court buildings — which include the Daniel Patrick Moynihan courthouse at 500 Pearl Street, the Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse at 40 Foley Square and District Court in White Plains — will enforce the mask mandate.

The plan extends only to the federal courthouses in the district, but other federal court districts across the country can impose similar mandates if they choose to.

The CDC last week recommended double masking for more protection against COVID-19.

“If you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective,” top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci said in January.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Remember this from 2009?

Surrogates

At the time, I thought this implausible, but, now, we're all just one handsome android away from paradise.

"With most humans living their lives through their surrogate selves, our world has become a safer place."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
As predictable as my morning constitutional.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...brief-105958867.html

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand the completely irrational fear people have of this virus. Its not just that they're misinformed or ignorant, its like they love the drama and they crave a crisis to fill a hole in their mundane lives. How have they been living all these years if they're this fragile and fearful? I don't think they really want things to be normal again.
Then you have the people who aren't really afraid but are mindlessly obedient. The ones who put a mask on to walk 5 steps to the door because that's what they're told to do. If mankind had been this weak, fearful and stupid in ancient times we would've been extinct thousands of years ago.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Throughout the history of civilization, mankind being in an obedient, subservient state is actually the normal state of things. Freedom, the free man and woman, is but a blip on the timeline of men.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Here we go with this shit Roll Eyes

I tried to wear an N95 once on the job and after an hour or two I felt like I was slowly suffocating. Confused

I WILL NOT WEAR THIS. Mad

And I wore military gas masks for hours and hours in the Army and ANG so it's not that I have a problem.

Four former Biden COVID advisers urge administration to recommend ALL Americans wear N95 masks to protect against explosion of 'super-covid'

quote:

A memo was sent to the White House signed by a dozen health and safety experts, including four members of Biden's transition team coronavirus board

They called on the CDC and OSHA to 'recommend and require the use of respiratory protection, such as N95s' for all Americans

Just days ago, the CDC advised against using N95 masks, which protect against small virus particles, outside of healthcare settings due to a shortage

The signatories argue that there are millions of N95s 'sitting in warehouses' available for use among the general public

It comes as more cases of the new variants from the UK, South Africa and Brazil continue to be identified cross the country

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Here we go with this shit Roll Eyes

I tried to wear an N95 once on the job and after an hour or two I felt like I was slowly suffocating. Confused

I WILL NOT WEAR THIS. Mad

And I wore military gas masks for hours and hours in the Army and ANG so it's not that I have a problem.

Four former Biden COVID advisers urge administration to recommend ALL Americans wear N95 masks to protect against explosion of 'super-covid'

quote:

A memo was sent to the White House signed by a dozen health and safety experts, including four members of Biden's transition team coronavirus board

They called on the CDC and OSHA to 'recommend and require the use of respiratory protection, such as N95s' for all Americans

Just days ago, the CDC advised against using N95 masks, which protect against small virus particles, outside of healthcare settings due to a shortage

The signatories argue that there are millions of N95s 'sitting in warehouses' available for use among the general public

It comes as more cases of the new variants from the UK, South Africa and Brazil continue to be identified cross the country
My response to this is exactly the same as my response to O'Biden wet dream gun control push...I'm not going to comply with any of it. And if I read one more retarded story from these morons in the media about the 'mutant' virus or the 'super-covid' virus I'm going to lose it. These people are completely blatant in their narrative and agenda at this point, yet the sheep just go about milling around and cowering to tyrant decrees. It's just sickening.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post