SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Well, that didn't take long for the fascists to discipline her for not being part of the brainwashed herd. I hope she sues the hell out of them.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Fauci testifying before Congress today would not say that COVID-19 was spread at protest.

What a political hack Fauci is.
Y’all need to listen to Jim Jordans questioning of Fauci when the clip hits YouTube.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim Jordans questioning of Fauci

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
^That guy is a freaking joke.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Phony son of a bitch. Mad

He knows what he's done to this country. Watch his body language when Jordan talks about Americans being stopped from going to work. He knows the role he's played in putting so many Americans out of work. Goddamn, this guy makes me angry. Mad

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wasn't he the idiot who said we don't need to wear masks, they do nothing, etc? Then I watched as the Japanese masked (they've done this for decades) up as usual, never shut down their economy at all, and were a model of beating this thing until recently but that's down to the bars and idiots.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...iI&feature=emb_title

George Washington gave Hydroxychloroquine to his troops?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Watch the Dems turn into a bunch of anti-vaxxers now, it’s starting with Dopey Joe Biden trying to poo-poo the progress being made by these various pharmaceutical groups.

The Democrats are TERRIFED of Operation Warp Speed and how fast and well it seems to be going. A nightmare scenario for them is a viable vaccine is found by October which promises to allow “normal” to return. They don’t want normal, they can’t have normal.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

George Washington gave Hydroxychloroquine to his troops?

I believe Dr. Gold misspoke as that drug was not approved for use in the US until 1955. I think that her statement is due to the extreme level of stress she must be under. In fact, General Washington "broke the law" by inoculating his troops with small pox. This saved his army.

"In February 1777, while encamped at Morristown, Washington became convinced that only inoculation would prevent the destruction of his Army. Emphasizing the need for secrecy and speed, Washington ordered the inoculation of all troops. Because Virginia forbade inoculation, Washington asked Governor Patrick Henry to support the program, writing that smallpox "is more destructive to an Army in the Natural way, than the Enemy's Sword."

You can get the full story here:

A Deadly Scourge: Smallpox During the Revolutionary War

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe Dr. Gold misspoke as that drug was not approved for use in the US until 1955.

I was thinking she meant George Patton but that was still to early.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Washington used quinine to treat malaria.

It has some of the same properties as hydroxychloroquine. Think of willow bark and and it's synthetic equivalent aspirin.

George Washington, mosquitoes, and the American revolution.

https://delanceyplace.com/view-archives.php?p=3950

"A month after the opening salvos of the American Revolution at Lexington and Concord in April 1775, the newly appointed commander in chief of the Continental Army, George Wash­ington, had a request for his political masters in the Continental Con­gress. He urged them to buy up as much cinchona bark and quinine powder as possible. Given the dire financial pressures of the squabbling colonial government, and the dearth of pretty much everything needed to fight a war, his total allotment was a paltry 300 pounds. General Washington was a frequent visitor to the quinine chest as he suffered from recurrent bouts (and reinfection) of malaria since first contracting the disease in 1749 at the age of seventeen.

"Luckily for the Americans, the British were also drastically short of Peruvian Spanish-supplied quinine throughout the war. In 1778, shortly before they entered the fray in support of the American cause, the Spanish cut off this supply completely. Any available stores were sent to British troops in India and the Caribbean. At the same time, the mosquito's mer­ciless, unrelenting strikes on unseasoned British troops lacking quinine during the final British southern campaign -- launched in 1780 with the capture of Charleston, the strategic port city and mosquito sanctuary­ -- determined the fate of the United States of America.

"As J. R. McNeill colorfully contours, 'The argument here is straight­forward: In the American Revolution the British southern campaigns ultimately led to defeat at Yorktown in October 1781 in part because their forces were much more susceptible to malaria than were the American. . . . [T]he balance tipped because Britain's grand strategy committed a larger proportion of the army to malarial (and yellow fever) zones.' A full 70% of the British Army that marched into this southern mosquito maelstrom in 1780 was recruited from the poorer, famished regions of Scotland and the northern counties of England, outside the malaria belt of Pip's Fenland marshes. Those who had already served some time in the colonies had done so in the northern zone of infection and had not yet been seasoned to American malaria.

"General Washington and the Continental Congress, on the other hand, had the advantage of commanding acclimated, malaria-seasoned colonial troops. American militiamen had been hardened to their sur­roundings during the Seven Years' War and the turbulent decades head­ing toward open hostilities against their king. Washington personally recognized, albeit short of scientific affirmation or medical endorsement, that with his recurrent malarial seasonings, 'I have been protected be­yond all human probability or expectation.' While they did not know it at the time, this might well have been the Americans' only advantage over the British when, after twelve years of seething resentment and discontent since the passing of the Royal Proclamation [of 1763 that prohibited land sales to colonists], war suddenly and unexpectedly came."

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... on page 178 of this thread, chellim posted a reference to chloroquine, from the Virology Journal, Dr Fauci's ever loving source of medical information.

Take a moment and read the article.

Published 22 August 2005.

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus

Extract:
Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by a newly discovered coronavirus (SARS-CoV). No effective prophylactic or post-exposure therapy is currently available.

... and ...

" ... chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells ..."

As stated by many in this thread, and other threads, when the truth be known by all, there's gonna be a reckoning for some of these political jackasses.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks wcb6092, I had no clue about that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Re: the fauci grilling...

Smarmy a-hole would say that crowds spread da 'rona but wouldn't admit that the protests did. Leave those decisions to someone else huh? What an ass.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Re: the fauci grilling...

Smarmy a-hole would say that crowds spread da 'rona but wouldn't admit that the protests did. Leave those decisions to someone else huh? What an ass.

Yes, smarmy. Oh, he's "not in a position to determine what the government can do in a forceful way"?

I couldn't find it, and I was too irritated by this piece of shit to do an extensive search to find it, but I swear I heard just recently that he used that exact word, "force," and encouraged the government to use its full *force* to require measures such as masks.

That video with Jordan was extremely irritating with the way Fauci was smiling and shaking his head with such a disgusted look on his face. Smarmy is a perfect word. I can't stand him.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Politics, Not Science, Keeping Schools Closed

Denmark, The Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, and Austria all opened schools and “found no evidence of increased spread of the novel coronavirus after schools reopened.” The same was found in scientific studies in France, Sweden, and Germany. A leading British epidemiologist goes even further to claim there is not a single known case of a teacher being infected of coronavirus from a student anywhere in the world.

Since there could still be a rare school outbreak, such as experienced in Israel, students with high-risk household members should be given a distance education option, and teachers who believe themselves or their households to be at high risk should be allowed to teach remotely, balancing the risk for all parties. This way healthy students can be be educated by healthy teachers. With science overwhelmingly pointing to reopening schools, why do so many schools intend to remain closed?

https://www.realclearpolitics....s_closed_143847.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday it was reported that Mississippi had the high positivity rate for Covid in the country. Of course no one mentioned the sample size or the fact that you need a medical referral with symptoms to be tested. In Illinois anyone that wants testing can be tested. These statistics are meaningless without some context.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very recently, Fauci said that governments should be as forceful as possible in regards to mask orders. Government should be practically unrestrained in how it deals with pandemics but rioting and looting? He just can't give any recommendations.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
....These statistics are meaningless without some context.

I've been saying this for quite some time. Sometimes forcefully. These statistics are UTTERLY DEVOID of context. I get funny looks, like they don't understand the word "context".

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post