SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Maybe a hand transmission by touching your face.

That very well could be the key.
I have hand sanitizer in the truck that I use frequently after getting in.
I also take advantage of hand sanitizer stationed at business entrances.
And finally, I do try and stay away from people in stores.

So distance and keeping clean hands has worked for me so far.
Face mask, I think possibly act as a filter.
Look at your HVAC filter that you haven’t changed in awhile, dirty isn’t it.
Same thing with a mask.
You collect all those little viruses and keep them next to your face.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Face mask, I think possibly act as a filter.
Look at your HVAC filter that you haven’t changed in awhile, dirty isn’t it.
Same thing with a mask.
You collect all those little viruses and keep them next to your face.

I'm sure many out there use the same mask, day after day, and seldom wash or replace.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just answer the question about Medicare payments please.

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about far more that one topic. Simple pointing out another reason everyone should not believe this hoax or Fauci.

Now please answer my question. Did you edit the link to the video in your reply?

Did you take a nap ZSMICHAEL?
Still waiting on your answer.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was scheduled to have my COVID jab tomorrow. Tonight received an e-mail that my appointment has been rescheduled to Sunday in downtown Seattle at the Amazon HQ supervax site.

Haven't been downtown in a couple of years so it will be interesting assuming they don't cancel and or reschedule again.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In case you haven't noticed, this thread is about far more that one topic. Simple pointing out another reason everyone should not believe this hoax or Fauci.

Now please answer my question. Did you edit the link to the video in your reply?

I really relish your post’s Jupiter. They always bring to mind the 17th century event in which the Religious leaders refused to look through Galileo’s telescope. Please carry on.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

I really relish your post’s Jupiter. They always bring to mind the 17th century event in which the Religious leaders refused to look through Galileo’s telescope. Please carry on.

Well that's funny because the Salem witch trials always come to mind whenever I read the likes of your posts and the other hysteria driven Covid conformists.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i am open minded about a lot of things. Especially about the spread of this virus. I would say the vast majority of the folks I know who have had it are not regular mask wearer's. I just takes one exposure and you got it. Maybe a hand transmission by touching your face.
So is mask wearing effective. Certainly not a 100%. Maybe 50%, who knows. Wear them or don't wear them. Leave those who do, or don't alone. Mind your own business.

I do not care if you believe in the virus or think it is hoax.

Stay home or don't. I really do not care.

Continually posting in these threads over and over again trying to make your point is pointless.

Rant over.

Mr. Cross: I was considering posting exactly the same rant. Thank you for your on-point post. This thread is deteriorating rapidly into a shitfest. I'm gone from it.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread is deteriorating rapidly into a shitfest.

This thread was started a little over a year ago and only, just now, 668 pages later, it’s turning into a shitfest? Big Grin I say congratulations SIGforumites on keeping a level headed attitude for about a year longer than the politicians and bureaucrats that started the COVID shitfest.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jupiter you have never answered my INITIAL question regarding implied Medicare fraud. I really do not care about your opinion and I never brought Fauci into the discussion. I am opting out of responding to you because I do not feed trolls. And trapper is correct this thread is turning into a shitfest.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The virus is not a Hoax. The response is.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure many out there use the same mask, day after day, and seldom wash or replace.

I made this observation pages ago, along with the additional one that a VAST majority of folks are wearing masks that do NOTHING to inhibit more than large water droplets expelled by the wearer. Cloth masks, dust masks, designer masks with personal messages, artwork, cartoon characters, etc. are nearly WORTHLESS. PERIOD. Sorry for all the all-caps sentence enhancers, but I’m sick and tired of the silly bullshit.

For true effectiveness, a mask must be a REAL N95, REAL surgical mask, or filter mask with a successful fit test, not some “made in China” garbage off the shelf in Walmart. Even an N95 or surgical mask (again, with a fit test) is meant for single usage and must be destroyed after SUSPECTED exposure, which by now means any time you’re around people you don’t know their complete exposure history (in other words every single person). Anything else is kabuki theatre level control tactics.

I’ll just leave this here as one last reminder of the efficiency of masks in general before we even scratch the surface on re-use, or fit testing.

Maybe we should start making these, you know, just to be sure...
post photo for forum

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
quote:
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

midwest guy,

Just to be clear, I'm not anti-vaccination. Just anti-corruption.
When it comes to vaccinations, I believe along the same lines as Robert F. Kennedy, Jr..
Maybe you've heard of him.
https://childrenshealthdefense...dcs-worst-nightmare/

For many of us, much about this Covid-19 Plandemic doesn't add up. We like to point out interesting pieces of information the MSM doesn't want you to see.

You seem to have bought into it and that's fine. That is YOUR decision.

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Gearhounds,

I agree with your mask chart completely and appreciate your posting it. People on both sides of the issue like to lump all "masks" together as if they are the same. Not even close. They range from very effective to useless with the latter being most used by the general public. Of course, wearing an N95 below your nose makes it just as useless as a bandana, so user technique definitely comes into play.

The comment about single use isn't quite correct, though. N95s are considered "disposable" but are not labeled as single use. Exposure requires more than casually passing an unknown individual in a store.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The comment about single use isn't quite correct, though. N95s are considered "disposable" but are not labeled as single use. Exposure requires more than casually passing an unknown individual in a store.

The only alteration I’ll make to this is that you are supposed to change your mask if you are in an environment where there is a chance you’ve been exposed. You can continue to wear a properly fit mask, but you should not re-use it, making it essentially a single use mask limited only by the time worn. If you don’t get into a possibly compromised environment is the only time you should be reusing even an N95 mask.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

I'm not going to argue this further other than to say that N95s are used all day every day by health care workers who are "potentially" exposed all the time. I am among them. We protect the surface of the mask from direct fluid impact by wearing a shield, but the outside of the mask definitely gets contaminated. That's where proper technique comes in.

At this time, the only reasons you'd discard an N95 are:

Fluid contamination

Loss of fit due to elastic stretch

Exposure to a KNOWN Covid positive patient

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jupiter you have never answered my INITIAL question regarding implied Medicare fraud.

Did you watch the video from my org. post on page 667? Your answer can be found at the 14:44 mark in the video regarding Medicare payments.
Fauci is discussed all through the video.

quote:
I am opting out of responding to you

Of course you are.
Members will be able to see for themselves if they click your link in the 9th post down on page 667.
You know, the one you altered so the video will get a 404, page not found error.

quote:
And trapper is correct this thread is turning into a shitfest.

My God, man, get a hold of yourself. Last I checked, no one is being robbed, beaten or murdered. I haven't even seen any profanity. Smile
Loosing an argument doesn't mean the thread is turning into a shitfest.

-- George Orwell

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The virus is not a Hoax. The response is.

That pretty much sums it up right there, in my opinion. Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have never heard any of the public officials mention vitamin D3. Your ability to make vitamin D3 through your skin declines with age.

Also other hormones decline such as DHEA, melatonin, pregnenolone, growth hormone, and progesterone. It has been shown that persons with Alzheimer's have low levels of melatonin.

https://www.amazon.com/Melaton...opause/dp/1521008671

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Members will be able to see for themselves if they click your link in the 9th post down on page 667.
You know, the one you altered so the video will get a 404, page not found error.

I don't know about you, but I've had the forum software truncate links I've posted, when another post is quoted. You can see it happen when you hover over a link, and it displays [...] in the middle of the link. So perhaps he didn't edit it, I don't know...

Regardless, it seems there are a lot of people extremely invested in being "right" at any cost.

quote:
Loosing an argument doesn't mean the thread is turning into a shitfest.
Or losing one either Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

I don't know about you, but I've had the forum software truncate links I've posted, when another post is quoted. You can see it happen when you hover over a link, and it displays [...] in the middle of the link. So perhaps he didn't edit it, I don't know...

Regardless, it seems there are a lot of people extremely invested in being "right" at any cost.

IF that's the case, I offer my humble apology.

-- George Orwell