SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Herman Cain, a great man and a great American. Extremely sad news of his passing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Fear. It is a most powerful drug.
Though politicians and the media are populated with some of the dumbest people on the planet, together they have accomplished one key aspect for a huge majority of our population....they've convinced a majority of the US that if you get the virus, you're going to die. That lie has allowed them to maintain a stranglehold on this country.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I need to see a double blind gold standard study showing that closing schools and churches will save us all.

Anyone seen those studies?
That is a B-E-A-Utiful response!!!!
I'm still waiting on that conclusive study that mask wearing actually does curb the spread of the virus in the manner they claim. Still waiting....

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:I'm still waiting on that conclusive study that mask wearing actually does curb the spread of the virus in the manner they claim. Still waiting....

That's pretty much impossible unless you have a standardized definition of "mask". There's a world of difference between a fitted N95 and the rags most people are wearing. My guess would be that the N95 is pretty dang effective or every dentist in the US (including me) would be infected by now. The single layer bandanas are probably worthless and the surgical masks somewhere in between, but toward the semi-useless end. I am opposed to government mandating something that might kind of-sort of-maybe help.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am opposed to government mandating something that might kind of sort of maybe help.

Not to take this off-track, but that's how we got a lot of gun control, ObamaCare and any number of environmental and buisness regulations. We may have to wait until the Kung Flu Hoo Hoo blows over, but there's a fundamental problem in there and it would be really nice to find a way to address it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:I'm still waiting on that conclusive study that mask wearing actually does curb the spread of the virus in the manner they claim. Still waiting....

That's pretty much impossible unless you have a standardized definition of "mask". There's a world of difference between a fitted N95 and the rags most people are wearing. My guess would be that the N95 is pretty dang effective or every dentist in the US (including me) would be infected by now. The single layer bandanas are probably worthless and the surgical masks somewhere in between, but toward the semi-useless end. I am opposed to government mandating something that might kind of-sort of-maybe help.

MNSIG do you use a face shield during a procedure?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
TAllen01

Just one quick question for ya:

Do you think we'd be hearing anything about a new vaccine if nobody (and I mean not one fucking person ever) was ever going to make money off of it? Answer honestly and I think you'll have all the reason in the world for hydroxychloroquine + Z-pak and Zinc not "being an effective treatment"! Unass your head. The amount of money in play here is enough to create nations or at least control the politics of nations like ours.

^^^ This right here.

Money, power, and control.
Fuck the FDA, politicians, and all of them.
I have a doctor I trust more than any of them and should be able to do whatever we decide.

No politician, especially ours, should be able to dictate what I can and can’t do as far as treatment.

It’s time to bring this crap to an end.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's pretty much impossible...
Then don't expect me to wear one until they can. Simple. At 50+ and sporting a functioning brain stem, I don't react well to, "Do it because we told you to do it".
quote:
There's a world of difference between a fitted N95 and the rags most people are wearing. My guess would be that the N95 is pretty dang effective...
Really? Apparently CDC has their concerns that masks don't accomplish the desired goal. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/arti...26/5/19-0994_article

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and now fauxi Faucci is suggesting we need to wear face shields?

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
and now fauxi Faucci is suggesting we need to wear face shields?

I’ll wear a face shield as soon as that fraud wears a muzzle.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
That's pretty much impossible...
Then don't expect me to wear one until they can. Simple. At 50+ and sporting a functioning brain stem, I don't react well to, "Do it because we told you to do it".

Thus, the last line in my comment.

quote:
There's a world of difference between a fitted N95 and the rags most people are wearing. My guess would be that the N95 is pretty dang effective...
Really? Apparently CDC has their concerns that masks don't accomplish the desired goal. https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/arti...26/5/19-0994_article

That article is not talking about N95s. In fact, it supports my assertion that surgical masks would be toward the useless end of the spectrum.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
MNSIG do you use a face shield during a procedure?

Yes. Of course, the shield is primarily there to protect the N95 from a direct fluid hit that would contaminate it. Air is free to travel around the sides, so it adds no additional filtration.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I’ll wear a face shield as soon as that fraud wears a muzzle.

Will one like this do for Faucci?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Faucci threw the opening pitch! I'll bet the catcher's mask gave him the idea. twat

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
That article is not talking about N95s. In fact, it supports my assertion that surgical masks would be toward the useless end of the spectrum.
From little more than a common sense point of view, something tells me trying to force me to wear a scrap of t-shirt or tablecloth worn in a half assed manner over my face isn't going to accomplish anything, short of my compliance to the cabal in Washington. Sorry, Homey don't play dat.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
From little more than a common sense point of view, something tells me trying to force me to wear a scrap of t-shirt or tablecloth worn in a half assed manner over my face isn't going to accomplish anything, short of my compliance to the cabal in Washington. Sorry, Homey don't play dat.

What the hell are you talking about? That's exactly what I said in my post

My words from halfway up this page:

"The single layer bandanas are probably worthless and the surgical masks somewhere in between, but toward the semi-useless end. I am opposed to government mandating something that might kind of-sort of-maybe help."

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the hell are you talking about? That's exactly what I said in my post

My words from halfway up this page:

"The single layer bandanas are probably worthless and the surgical masks somewhere in between, but toward the semi-useless end. I am opposed to government mandating something that might kind of-sort of-maybe help."
My apologies. I need to stop posting from my phone where I can't readily read the entirety of your post. It appears I accidentally cut out that line of your post.

posted Hide Post
When they stop all the lies, I might, I say just might, be willing to listen to the self annointed "experts" like Fauci. Well,,, probably not because of having no trust in them at all anymore. There is no doubt, huge money to be made by calling any death a "covid death" as we all are aware of the money paid to facilities that report a virus death. I personally know one person who had it with mild symptoms, was tested twice and the results counted as two positive cases(she was told that by the medical staff). Another person that I know personally had an aged family member die from old age and other problems. The facility wanted to classify it as a virus death and promised that the family would also receive money but to their credit, the family said hell no. I've not heard of a family being offered money before but have no reason to not believe this person.
Masks and the inflated number of cases are all scams that have fooled many gullible people.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the first step in having some sort of 'faith' will be to get rid of Faucci and have someone publicly denounce him as a fraudster and totally incompetent

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the first step in having some sort of 'faith' will be to get rid of Faucci and have someone publicly denounce him as a fraudster and totally incompetent
And include in that denouncement EVERY Fake News outlet on this planet. They're the sunuvabitches that are perpetuating the bullshit and fear.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post