SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Denmark announces suspension of Astra Zenica vaccine. The head of Denmark's medical agency collapsed during the press conference.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/...ho-approved-vaccine/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She could've had a V8

Perhaps she's under tremendous stress because her mind is burdened for urging her countrymen to inject something into their body, the consequences of which no one knows at this point (but now, it's beginning to dawn on these "experts"). Yeah, that could make you faint when you get up there AFTER IT'S TOO LATE and say "Oops, my bad!"

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
5,800 COVID-19 infections detected among 77 million fully vaccinated people: CDC

A small proportion of Americans — about 5,800 out of nearly 77 million — have contracted COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated against the infection, CDC officials told CNN.

Of the 5,800 people, 396 required hospitalization and 74 died, according to data submitted to the CDC. As of April 14, more than 76.7 million Americans are fully vaccinated. Reports on breakthrough cases lag and may not reflect the most current events.

"To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in case demographics or vaccine characteristics," the CDC told CNN via email.

Breakthrough cases were reported among people of all ages eligible for vaccination, though more than 40 percent occurred in people 60 or older, the CDC said. Sixty-five percent of cases were female and 29 percent of the infections were asymptomatic.

Breakthrough infections are rare, but not unexpected. No COVID-19 vaccine receiving emergency authorization from the FDA is 100 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 infection.

"Vaccine breakthrough infections make up a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated. CDC recommends that all eligible people get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as one is available to them. CDC also continues to recommend people who have been fully vaccinated should keep taking precautions in public places, like wearing a mask, staying at least six feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing their hands often," the agency said to CNN.

https://www.beckershospitalrev...ated-people-cdc.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fainting is not uncommon among people who are standing in place while nervous and under stress. They have a tendency to tense up and lock their knees, which can cause fainting after a period of time.

I've seen it in court among defendants standing while the Judge addresses them. Also among less experienced and nervous public speakers standing rigidly at a podium while giving a presentation, which seems to be similar to the situation here.

A friend who's a public school choir teacher specifically addresses this to his choir groups before recitals, and coaches them on methods to keep their knees/legs loose, as apparently kids will be nervous about their performance, lock their knees, and then keel over while standing on the choir risers for extended periods during the concert.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
5,800 COVID-19 infections detected among 77 million fully vaccinated people: CDC

A small proportion of Americans — about 5,800 out of nearly 77 million — have contracted COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated against the infection, CDC officials told CNN.

Of the 5,800 people, 396 required hospitalization and 74 died, according to data submitted to the CDC. As of April 14, more than 76.7 million Americans are fully vaccinated. Reports on breakthrough cases lag and may not reflect the most current events.

"To date, no unexpected patterns have been identified in case demographics or vaccine characteristics," the CDC told CNN via email.

Breakthrough cases were reported among people of all ages eligible for vaccination, though more than 40 percent occurred in people 60 or older, the CDC said. Sixty-five percent of cases were female and 29 percent of the infections were asymptomatic.

Breakthrough infections are rare, but not unexpected. No COVID-19 vaccine receiving emergency authorization from the FDA is 100 percent effective at preventing COVID-19 infection.

"Vaccine breakthrough infections make up a small percentage of people who are fully vaccinated. CDC recommends that all eligible people get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as one is available to them. CDC also continues to recommend people who have been fully vaccinated should keep taking precautions in public places, like wearing a mask, staying at least six feet apart from others, avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated spaces, and washing their hands often," the agency said to CNN.

https://www.beckershospitalrev...ated-people-cdc.html

Which doesn't come as a surprise and means jack-shit. As the CDC stated, not all vaccinations will result in a successful immune response either on a wholistic or temporal basis. The Press don't know squat and will hype what is a natural mathematical outcome of ANY vaccination program. Not even worth reporting to us scientists, but they're going to do so to ALARM!!! the public.

Naturally the Liberal CDC has to make sure everyone tows the line, even after being vaccinated and recommend social disgraces like masks. Guess they never hear of allergies or how one needs to prime their immune system for it to be as healthy as possible. Scientific institutions have been corrupted to the core with Liberalism/Commies.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pfizer CEO says a THIRD Covid vaccine dose will be needed as soon as six months after someone receives two shots - and then be vaccinated annually

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/he...soon-six-months.html

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said during a panel discussion that aired on Thursday that it is 'likely' people will need a third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine

The potential booster shot would be given six to 12 months of someone being fully vaccinated
Bourla said it is possible that people will need to be immunized against the novel coronavirus annually

Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech began studying a third dose of their vaccine in late February

Posts: 12578 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Pfizer CEO says a THIRD Covid vaccine dose will be needed as soon as six months after someone receives two shots - and then be vaccinated annually.

And Fauci will say you will still have to wear double masks and stay locked down even after the third and subsequent shots!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Pfizer has to keep up the sales somehow. How about everyone do this - Inject themselves with SARS-Cov-2. I'll be first in fucking line. Multivalent immunity, which that will generate as a result of a natural immune response, should blow away any synthetic preventative. In reality, we don't need to go that far and if we let Covid-19 run its course, the virus should become ubiquitous and not nearly as hazardous to the public's health.

I would hate to think what would happen if a truly lethal virus plagued us. I guarantee you that China & Russia no longer fear the U.S. after what's transpired. The reason - they can simply release something stronger and the Commies from within will take care of this nation's defeat.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Pfizer CEO says a THIRD Covid vaccine dose will be needed as soon as six months after someone receives two shots - and then be vaccinated annually.

And Fauci will say you will still have to wear double masks and stay locked down even after the third and subsequent shots!

All of which just increases vaccine hesitancy.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m trusting my body to create its own immunity to the wuflu. In fact, I’m nearly certain I had it back in 11/19 just before the story broke (along with all hell). I had numerous symptoms including fever, heavy chest congestion and upper respiratory infection. I NEVER had symptoms this bad with the few times I’ve had seasonal flu.

I’ve been told the quickest way to see if you have antibodies is to go give blood. I might do it just to find out out of curiosity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve been told the quickest way to see if you have antibodies is to go give blood. I might do it just to find out out of curiosity.

Yea, I tried that route. Would have sworn I had something bad in Feb LY before the hype. Gave blood in Aug, but tested negative. Turns out nothing I've read here or anywhere suggests how sensitive the tests are or more importantly how long the antibodies remain at testing levels. Given what is unknown, and what is BS, I would not be surprised if they (antibodies) fade below test levels in matter of months. Would explain how a person gets it again, or might need boosters. BTW in in the camp for just getting natural response!!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just because you don't show antibodies doesn't mean you didn't have it or are still not immune.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
exactly what I meant.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
It's the Memory T-cell response, not Ab levels that dictate long term immunity from viruses.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
It's the Memory T-cell response, not Ab levels that dictate long term immunity.

Bingo

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
how will we know if the vaccine is successful?

if the survival rate increases from 99.96% to 99.97%

is that considered success?

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
how will we know if the vaccine is successful?

if the survival rate increases from 99.96% to 99.97%

is that considered success?

Success has nothing to do w/ efficacy. Success is determined by whether or not the vaccine helps big gov / big pharma / et al get them a step closer to their end game.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Rep Jordan tearing into Fauci

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...ange-hearing-vpx.cnn

I saw this earlier today. I didn't count, but Jordan asked at least four times for a hard number or objective answer. Instead of giving one, he spent his time saying liberties have not be encroached upon. Never did he even come close to answering the question. When infections become low enough, is not an answer.

We've been sitting at 60-70k infections out of 330 million people for two months, two fucking months. What's the GD metric Fauci? 30k per day, 40k per day, 12k per day? Give us an answer. Everyone just wants to fucking know when we can go back to normalcy. Give us a goal. I bet you could get more people to wear masks, give up rights, or get an experimental vaccine if you'd just tell us what results will get your blessing.

It's like beating a kid, but never telling him what he did wrong. We are all sitting here wondering why daddy hates us. If you tell us what the goal is, maybe more people would work towards it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post