SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Is that a member of the Brazilian kkk or the covid ghost?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3527 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Wtf? Imagine that weird asshole walking in as you're about to get a shot.

Not C19 related. He was a mascot used to encourage polio vaccination a few years back. We have family in Brazil is the only reason I know. But it is (was) a real mascot from Brazil.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gov Abbott is reopening Texas next Wednesday.

https://www.dallasnews.com/new...vid-19-restrictions/

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Gov Abbott is reopening Texas next Wednesday.

https://www.dallasnews.com/new...vid-19-restrictions/
Yep, my hat's off to Abbott in Texas and Reeves in Mississippi for finally ending the insanity. Now how about our governor (DeSantis) following their lead and letting all of us get back to normal. Hopefully not too far out...

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

Not C19 related. He was a mascot used to encourage polio vaccination a few years back. We have family in Brazil is the only reason I know. But it is (was) a real mascot from Brazil.

Ah, thank you. I appreciate the clarification.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
So damn glad gov Abbott has decided to open Tx back up but boy we have our resisters who are bitching and complaining.

Saw where Dallas was going to jack with the numbers so they could keep a mask mandate in place.

At least the grandkids here have been back in school all this year. They really needed it.

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy in one of the previously highest Covid numbers densities in PA that has a kid in a private school that has been there through a vast majority of this madness. When a teacher tests positive, they send That person home for 14 days, not the whole school. They’ve been doing perfectly fine. Completely opposite of what the leftist “science” suggests to expect.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Antibody studies almost certainly underestimate natural immunity. Antibody testing doesn’t capture antigen-specific T-cells, which develop “memory” once they are activated by the virus. Survivors of the 1918 Spanish flu were found in 2008—90 years later—to have memory cells still able to produce neutralizing antibodies.

Researchers at Sweden’s Karolinska Institute found that the percentage of people mounting a T-cell response after mild or asymptomatic Covid-19 infection consistently exceeded the percentage with detectable antibodies. T-cell immunity was even present in people who were exposed to infected family members but never developed symptoms. A group of U.K. scientists in September pointed out that the medical community may be under-appreciating the prevalence of immunity from activated T-cells.
emphasis mine.

T-Cell Immunity is hardly a new concept; one must wonder why SOME members of the medical community have under-appreciated the prevalence of activated T-cell immunity for Covid-19.

Link[/QUOTE]

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I have a buddy in one of the previously highest Covid numbers densities in PA that has a kid in a private school that has been there through a vast majority of this madness. When a teacher tests positive, they send That person home for 14 days, not the whole school. They’ve been doing perfectly fine. Completely opposite of what the leftist “science” suggests to expect.
That would be a focus on common sense and on proper priorities. Shame its so rare in today's completely delusional bug agenda.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
So damn glad gov Abbott has decided to open Tx back up but boy we have our resisters who are bitching and complaining.

Alamo Draft House posted this in response to the re-opening:

A few hours later, this was announced:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
https://www.beckershospitalrev...r-covid-19-case.html

State-by-state breakdown of federal aid per COVID-19 case
Ayla Ellison (Twitter) - Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 Print | Emai

HHS recently began distributing the first $30 billion of emergency funding designated for hospitals in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act. Some of the states hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic will receive less funding than states touched relatively lightly, according to an analysis by Kaiser Health News.

The first round of grants will be distributed based on historical share Medicare revenue, not based on COVID-19 burden. Therefore, hard-hit states like New York will receive far less per COVID-19 case than most other states.

HHS said it doled out the first slice of funding based on Medicare revenue to get support to hospitals as quickly as possible. The agency said the next round of grants "will focus on providers in areas particularly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak," rural hospitals and other healthcare providers that receive much of their revenues from Medicaid.

Below is a breakdown of how much funding per COVID-19 case each state will receive from the first $30 billion in aid. Kaiser Health News used a state breakdown provided to the House Ways and Means Committee by HHS along with COVID-19 cases tabulated by The New York Times for its analysis.

Alabama
$158,000 per COVID-19 case

Alaska
$306,000

Arizona
$23,000

Arkansas
$285,000

California
$145,000

Colorado
$58,000

Connecticut
$38,000

Delaware
$127,000

District of Columbia
$56,000

Florida
$132,000

Georgia
$73,000

Hawaii
$301,000

Idaho
$100,000

Illinois
$73,000

Indiana
$105,000

Iowa
$235,000

Kansas
$291,000

Kentucky
$297,000

Louisiana
$26,000

Maine
$260,000

Maryland
$120,000

Massachusetts
$44,000

Michigan
$44,000

Minnesota
$380,000

Mississippi
$166,000

Missouri
$175,000

Montana
$315,000

Nebraska
$379,000

Nevada
$98,000

New Hampshire
$201,000

New Jersey
$18,000

New Mexico
$171,000

New York
$12,000

North Carolina
$252,000

North Dakota
$339,000

Ohio
$180,000

Oklahoma
$291,000

Oregon
$220,000

Pennsylvania
$68,000

Rhode Island
$52,000

South Carolina
$186,000

South Dakota
$241,000

Tennessee
$166,000

Texas
$184,000

Utah
$94,000

Vermont
$87,000

Virginia
$201,000

Washington
$58,000

West Virginia
$471,000

Wisconsin
$163,000

Wyoming
$278,000

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, that article is from April 2020. Wasn't there another bill passed since then?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Yep, my hat's off to Abbott in Texas and Reeves in Mississippi for finally ending the insanity. Now how about our governor (DeSantis) following their lead and letting all of us get back to normal. Hopefully not too far out...

DeSantis eliminated mandatory Masks back in Sept of last year and took a ton of crap from the media and maskholes, Link

FL has been ahead of the curve, DeSantis prohibited cities like Whorelando, Tampon, MyHami, from stepping over the State and enforcing public mask laws which the Mayors in those cites wanted.

Florida
Statewide order: No

Florida recommends but does not require face coverings for the general public. Several cities and large counties, including Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Hillsborough (which includes Tampa), have mask requirements, but local governments are barred from assessing fines and penalties for noncompliance under a Sept. 25 executive order by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Learn more: Read Florida’s public health advisory.

Now if private property owners (stores) want to make you wear one on their property, then it's your choice if you want to enter their business. No different than requiring shoes and shirts to enter....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is a very odd and concerning headline from the NYT to me:

Covid-19: The U.S. Is Edging Toward Normal, Alarming Some Officials

Why would going back to normal "alarm" "some officials"?

Is that because they NEVER HAD ANY INTENTION of going back to "normal"? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I posted months ago that I expected to see cases among young people to become a larger percentage of the total once schools opened up. That hasn’t happened at all in my county. Schools opened in August and there hasn’t been a discernible change in the percentages by age group. Also, new cases in the schools in my county have dropped like a rock over the last two months. For example, there were 22 cases at my daughter’s school from August through December and none for the last two months. Maybe it’s an indication of herd immunity.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Just to clarify, that article is from April 2020. Wasn't there another bill passed since then?

Yes..... you are correct. This was from very early into the Plandemic. I should have pointed that out.

This shows just some of the incentives that were used to get everyone to go along with this B.S..

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I posted months ago that I expected to see cases among young people to become a larger percentage of the total once schools opened up. That hasn’t happened at all in my county. Schools opened in August and there hasn’t been a discernible change in the percentages by age group. Also, new cases in the schools in my county have dropped like a rock over the last two months. For example, there were 22 cases at my daughter’s school from August through December and none for the last two months. Maybe it’s an indication of herd immunity.

It simply doesn't seem to affect children all that much.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

DeSantis eliminated mandatory Masks back in Sept of last year and took a ton of crap from the media and maskholes, Link

FL has been ahead of the curve, DeSantis prohibited cities like Whorelando, Tampon, MyHami, from stepping over the State and enforcing public mask laws which the Mayors in those cites wanted.

Florida
Statewide order: No

Florida recommends but does not require face coverings for the general public. Several cities and large counties, including Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Hillsborough (which includes Tampa), have mask requirements, but local governments are barred from assessing fines and penalties for noncompliance under a Sept. 25 executive order by Gov. Ron DeSantis.

Learn more: Read Florida’s public health advisory.

Now if private property owners (stores) want to make you wear one on their property, then it's your choice if you want to enter their business. No different than requiring shoes and shirts to enter....
Thank you very much for posting that. Even when I think I'm up to date, sometimes I'm not. And without a statewide mask mandate, I wish private business bed wetters the best of luck 'forcing' anyone to wear a mask. I think I shall throw my very last mask in the garbage can this afternoon, never to wear one again (not like I wore one much anyway). Thanks again.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you very much for posting that. Even when I think I'm up to date, sometimes I'm not. And without a statewide mask mandate, I wish private business bed wetters the best of luck 'forcing' anyone to wear a mask. I think I shall throw my very last mask in the garbage can this afternoon, never to wear one again (not like I wore one much anyway). Thanks again.

Yep pretty much like no Firearms, it is the same, up to the owner to say what policy is on their property and your decision on to put it on and go in, or go elsewhere...

As soon as it gains traction, now with Bama, MS, TX, others will follow and people will start dumping masks, business will follow.

Honestly I think less people would mask up in FL if they didn't want to "upset" others, or be outed so to speak.

Shame, cancel culture, bully mentality is winning since most of us don't want conflict, TX changing will help go a long way to fixing this societal problem...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but I have better things to worry about than a mask. Not worth arguing about. If it makes you feel better, I'll wear one in your store. Not a big deal. Just don't be an asshole about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post