SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well it won't make much difference against Auburn. Since Sarkesian appears to have his alcohol issues under control he should do fine.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Study finds 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients treated with controversial drug hydroxychloroquine

How many people have the Democrats and Media Killed, simply because President Trump, said a drug looked promising?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
They absolutely do not care how many people they kill, if it serves their agenda.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
[note: there is a news video embedded at the linked story]

With virtually every TV or radio news break saturating the airwaves with just how desperate the C-19 crisis is, with hospitals supposedly almost overflowing with new cases, and stats that supposedly indicate that the dire situation is even worse than the Spring, and just after new state-wide Code Red lock down status just went into effect, one of the last things Denver Mayor Michael Hancock did before boarding his flight to meet his family for their out of state Thanksgiving plans, was to send out a Tweet asking others to avoid travel for Thanksgiving if possible...apparently it wasn't possible for him to avoid Thanksgiving travel.

============================

‘It’s disheartening’: People in Denver and beyond react to Mayor Hancock’s Thanksgiving travel

by: Rachel Skytta

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 / 10:28 PM MST / Updated: Nov 25, 2020 / 10:28 PM MST

DENVER (KDVR) — The news of Mayor Michael Hancock’s trip to Mississippi for the Thanksgiving holiday spread throughout Denver and beyond Wednesday, sparking backlash.

“It’s kind of disheartening, to say the least. It just doesn’t sit right with me,” said Katie Calderone, a Denverite who chose not to travel to see her family this year.

Mayor Hancock tweeted an apology, asking for forgiveness and saying he made the decision as a “husband and a father.” Hundreds of people responded in frustration, saying they too would rather be with their family. Some said they made the decision to stay home because that’s what Hancock encouraged them to do in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.

Michael B. Hancock @ MayorHancok

I fully acknowledge that I have urged everyone to stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. I have shared how my family cancelled our plans for our traditional multi-household Thanksgiving celebration.(1/5)

Michael B. Hancock @ MayorHancock
What I did not share, but should have, is that my wife and my daughter have been in Mississippi, where my daughter recently took a job. As the holiday approached, I decided it would be safer for me to travel to see them than to have two family members travel back to Denver.(2/5)

I recognize that my decision has disappointed many who believe it would have been better to spend Thanksgiving alone. As a public official, whose conduct is rightly scrutinized for the message it sends to others...(3/5)

...I apologize to the residents of Denver who wee my decision as conflicting with the guidance to stay at home for all but essential travel.(4/5)

Michael B. Hancock @MayorHancock
I made my decision as a husband and father, and for those who are angry and disappointed, I humbly ask you to forgive my decisions that are borne of my heart and not my head.(5/5)

Calderone says she chose not to fly home to Chicago based on a number of factors, including her parents’ age and their COVID-19 risk profile.

“We don’t want to put anyone else at risk and that’s our main focus. It’s not just about me and not about them — it’s about everybody else involved as well,” said Calderone.

Calderone says she understands Hancock’s desire to be with his family, but that doesn’t feel that excuses his actions.

“I miss my family, too. But I’m not going to say screw it — it’s okay if I do it because I’m just one person. One person makes a big difference and that could be the reason 10 others get sick,” said Calderone.

Despite Hancock’s actions, Calderone says she still feels she made the right decision for her family by staying home.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Denver’s Mayor, that nut Pelosi, Gavin Newsom, all busted. Not practicing what they are preaching. Hypocrites.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Study finds 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients treated with controversial drug hydroxychloroquine

How many people have the Democrats and Media Killed, simply because President Trump, said a drug looked promising?

Short answer, lots.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This article was really about military Thanksgiving plans, but I found this nugget in there.

Military infections = 75,000
Military deaths = 11

11 ÷ 75,000 = 0.00014666666

So that's a death rate of .0147% of people from 18-60+ years old, with an average age of 27 for enlisted and 34.5 for officers, so me just guessing that's probably around 29-30 year old average. The US population age is about 38 years old.

For the military that works out to about 1 out of 6,818 infected have died.

Makes you think, maybe we could have handled things differently with hindsight. Makes you mad that right now with the new information in front of us, including death rates falling off a cliff that we can't have dinner with friends.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

With virtually every TV or radio news break saturating the airwaves with just how desperate the C-19 crisis is, with hospitals supposedly almost overflowing with new cases
Talked with my neighbor today who is the head of cardiology for one of the biggest hospital organizations in Central Florida, and he noted that in his weekly management meeting, the board noted that the Covid ward at their hospital was so empty they had begun reorganizing nurse and support staff schedules to get people back to the ER and ICU for regular work.

Once again, we are being lied to daily.
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Makes you mad that right now with the new information in front of us, including death rates falling off a cliff that we can't have dinner with friends.
Don't know about you, but we had Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon with about 30 family members of all ages, and not a single mask was in attendance. It was a wonderful day. Glad the entire family feels the same as I do about this BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Covid Cult / banned by youtube, you can watch it here:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/mcm8Sc8f66o/

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

With virtually every TV or radio news break saturating the airwaves with just how desperate the C-19 crisis is, with hospitals supposedly almost overflowing with new cases
Talked with my neighbor today who is the head of cardiology for one of the biggest hospital organizations in Central Florida, and he noted that in his weekly management meeting, the board noted that the Covid ward at their hospital was so empty they had begun reorganizing nurse and support staff schedules to get people back to the ER and ICU for regular work.

Once again, we are being lied to daily.
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Makes you mad that right now with the new information in front of us, including death rates falling off a cliff that we can't have dinner with friends.
Don't know about you, but we had Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon with about 30 family members of all ages, and not a single mask was in attendance. It was a wonderful day. Glad the entire family feels the same as I do about this BS.

Florida has a hospital capacity dash board that shows hospital bed and ICU bed capacity by county and by hospital. It is updated daily. Capacities now are the same as pre-COVID pandemic. Florida hospital dash board

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I worked all day, just did dinner with my wife after work, quick and easy meal. Even if not for work my grandparents are in their 80's and one is in home hospice, no one wants to be the person that literally kills grandma.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Of course not. Two things come to mind.

One, isn't hospice care for folks in their final stage of life? What could possibly be more important to someone in hospice care than seeing family?

Second is my parents are 82 and 79 with multiple conditions. My mom has been on me about my not having brought the kids over. The school my kids go to holds the record for number of cases of any school in my county. I've subbed there in classes where kids have had it on several occasions. My son went to a birthday party at a teacher's house on a Saturday and one of the teacher's children had it the next week. I've been telling my mom that I don't want to risk bringing my kids over.

This past week my mom had surgery for a torn retina and I found out on Wednesday that her other eye is giving her problems and she can't see out of it either. This means that even if I bring the kids over, she literally won't be able to see them.

I've made a mistake. I know the risks, I'm not afraid for myself or my kids, and there was no real reason I couldn't have brought my kids over to see my parents in a way that would minimize the risks. At this point, my mom may never see her grandkids again.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all the lies told so far, I have had doubts for some time now that a person with a positive test but no symptoms, actually has the virus. With all the lies we are being fed, how can anything they say be believed? I have never believed the number of infections they report after seeing how they have inflated and exaggerated for so long.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
One, isn't hospice care for folks in their final stage of life? What could possibly be more important to someone in hospice care than seeing family?

If it was only up to her, we would have done a dinner. She's accepted her fate, my grandfather on the other hand has hopefully, many more years on the clock. The other parts of the family made the decision, I just went with it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
The mental health pandemic is just beginning as a consequence of these bureaucratic decisions.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
With all the lies told so far, I have had doubts for some time now that a person with a positive test but no symptoms, actually has the virus. With all the lies we are being fed, how can anything they say be believed? I have never believed the number of infections they report after seeing how they have inflated and exaggerated for so long.

My wife runs a Covid testing unit for an adjacent County. The nasal PCR test being used is believed to show 50% false positives. So we are not seeing increased cases of Covid, we are seeing increased false positive tests of Covid.

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This nonsense is just too good of a tool to control the masses. This 'public health' charade will become the instrument to curtail those pesky individual freedoms...it's already happened while we were crouched in the basement congratulating ourselves on not having the cooties.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back when Fauci said we need to lock down for two weeks I told my wife that this will never end. From now on we will never be without a health crisis of some kind.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife runs a Covid testing unit for an adjacent County. The nasal PCR test being used is believed to show 50% false positives. So we are not seeing increased cases of Covid, we are seeing increased false positive tests of Covid.

Along with huge number of false positive tests, I am not convinced that someone can really have it and not have any symptoms at all if it is as bad as they tell us.. Is everybody walking around with the flu without any symptoms??? You either have the flu or do not and this is the same thing to me.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Along with huge number of false positive tests, I am not convinced that someone can really have it and not have any symptoms at all if it is as bad as they tell us.. Is everybody walking around with the flu without any symptoms??? You either have the flu or do not and this is the same thing to me.

It's possible (I really don't know) that there are other viruses that can be carried/spread without symptoms. I'm not aware of any mass testing efforts to detect asymptomatic influenza, colds or Norovirus.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post