SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Why would I take a vaccine when my immune system is already well over 99% effective against this virus?

Maybe read Zecpull's account in the "I got the virus" thread (page 6) to get an idea of what 99% can feel like.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zecpull's account in the "I got the virus" thread (page 6)

After reading that... "I don't want to get the virus" !!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honest question to the members here.Are you going to voluntarily take this vaccine when it becomes available?

When it becomes available, no. I’m low risk and don’t have people around me that are high risk.

However, at some point in the relatively near future I will have to for practical reasons. While the gov may not mandate every citizen get the vaccine, there’s no doubt it will be required for entry to concerts, sporting events, air travel, etc. So the question will be: what activities/places are you willing to forgo if you choose not to get vaccinated?

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
quote:
Honest question to the members here.Are you going to voluntarily take this vaccine when it becomes available?

When it becomes available, no. I’m low risk and don’t have people around me that are high risk.

However, at some point in the relatively near future I will have to for practical reasons. While the gov may not mandate every citizen get the vaccine, there’s no doubt it will be required for entry to concerts, sporting events, air travel, etc. So the question will be: what activities/places are you willing to forgo if you choose not to get vaccinated?

Yep, I don't want to take it but it will be required as I am not a hermit. The big one is a trip to Japan coming up in June we have been planning for a a couple of years, I'm sure it will be a requirement

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Linky no worky

FIFY

https://www.linnsheriff.org/20...ors-executive-order/

quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:
posted November 23, 2020 05:44 PM Hide Post
You've probably seen where the governor of Oregon asked residents to call the police if they see neighbors gathering on Thanksgiving.
https://www.kezi.com/content/n...reeze-573156941.html

The Linn County Sheriff and DA issued a joint statement:

It is heartening to hear that there at least some sane people out there. Congratulations to them both for doing the right thing!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I tested positive with the rapid and pcr test. One more day of quarantine. I am grateful I did not have a single symptom.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublecorona:
I tested positive with the rapid and pcr test. One more day of quarantine. I am grateful I did not have a single symptom.

Any idea where the tests were manufactured?

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:

Any idea where the tests were manufactured?

No ideas. Both were swabs that went through my nose to scrape my brain. One of the more unnatural feelings.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
No ideas. Both were swabs that went through my nose to scrape my brain. One of the more unnatural feelings.

Yeah, see. That’s the problem I have with all of the “positive” tests. The kits probably come from some Chicom facility already contaminated with COVID, thus a “spike”. Funny how most of those that test positive have no symptoms whatsoever.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see the total cluster when the vaccines arrive and people 'demand' to have their shot, demand to get their appointment for the shot or some other kind of 'line up' similar to the COVID tests. Too bad we can't just show up at school and have it in a sugar cube..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I will wait until something forces me to take the vaccine, preferably after a few million other test subjects have taken it. Which coincidentally is what my elderly mother with health issues said as well when we were talking about it.

It will most likely be traveling overseas or if they make it a requirement to fly cross country to see relatives.

If I do take it, I'm going to walk in everywhere with those stupid signs with no mask and dare them to call cops on me if they don't like it.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Chinese WHO tests had up to 50% false results.

The CDC tests used in the US I was just told by a doctor have 30% false negatives. My son got tested last Friday because he had cold symptoms and a classmate tested positive a week earlier.

How much would anyone one be willing to bet that a whole lot of asymptomatic cases are false positives, and a whole lot of people who are pretty sure they had it but didn't show on the test are false negatives? Just a total clusterfuck. If my company made product using gauges with 30% error rates we would be out of business due to bad quality.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I believe a significant portion of the tests done in the US are processed by Labcorp https://www.labcorp.com/ Both of the test I’ve had were.

I will be getting the vaccine as soon as it is available but don’t expect that to be until late spring or early summer due to the fact that I’m not in a high risk group. I have been getting the flu shot every year since I turned 50 and I don’t see this as being much different.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was never about the accuracy of testing.

It is and will continue to be about the manipulation and weaponization of data.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I believe a significant portion of the tests done in the US are processed by Labcorp https://www.labcorp.com/ Both of the test I’ve had were.

I will be getting the vaccine as soon as it is available but don’t expect that to be until late spring or early summer due to the fact that I’m not in a high risk group. I have been getting the flu shot every year since I turned 50 and I don’t see this as being much different.

I would view any result from Labcorp with lots of suspicion given what I have seen of them in the past.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Agreed.

The rt-PCR test used in the US uses a cycle threshold (CT) of 40. There are lots of false positive "cases" being reported. We have known for months that you can't actually culture live virus from samples that test "positive" with a CT of over 35.

Correlation Between 3790 Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction–Positives Samples and Positive Cell Cultures, Including 1941 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Isolates

None of this minimizes the fact the virus is particularly dangerous for a subset of the population, especially those who are aged or have multiple comorbidities.

If I was to test positive, symptomatic or not, my first question to my PCP would be - What is the CT for this result? Most likely he will not know.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
If my company made product using gauges with 30% error rates we would be out of business due to bad quality.
I've commented for a while, would you hire an investment broker who was wrong 50%+ of the time with your money? I damn sure wouldn't, and this issue is even more important than my investments.
quote:

Bingo. When the retards in charge are using 'case counts' (an absolutely worthless metric) as the means to manipulate the retards and sheep on the street we should all know this is complete BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:

Isn't it though? Imagine what the numbers would look like if you took away all of the false positives. They'd lose 30-50% of their "cases" from that simple data point, which is exactly how all of this is being manipulated to begin with. It boils down to how easily the herd of sheep in our country have overreacted to a simple manipulation. If those tests didn't come back positive, the powers that be wouldn't have been able to exert as much control over those sheep as they have (and will continue to have, until this fraud is exposed).

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
COVID-19 has been infected by Nick Saban. Again.

Well, first time was false positive.....

Saban and the 'vid

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I heard the needle is the size of a turkey baster and they poke you in the butt.. Frown

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post