SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
[url=https://postimages.org/]

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
It is being discovered that when someone can perform their job at home efficiently then there's no need for skyscraper offices.

This has been happening for a few months now. Why do I need office space for 300, when 270 can work from home and still be about 90% effective? Im making up more in savings from condensing my real estate to make up from a 10% loss.

I’m just tossing numbers out there, but no matter what, with a lot of companies- bottom line matters.

If you can save more in this category to make up for a loss in that category, it’s a no brainer.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Right CPD, and the accompanying jobs that support and maintain that real estate are gone too.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Right CPD, and the accompanying jobs that support and maintain that real estate are gone too.

I have always said this but people don't seem to get it. Some of the jobs affected:

-food places along the way
-gas stations
-coffee shops
-maintenance people for that building
-any business along the commute that people will spend money at

Posts: 13094 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exactly Edmond, and not just the loss of jobs, but the loss of all of the state and local tax revenue as a result of the decrease in commerce will be problematic.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Leftists tax, regulate and demonize businesses, then they are puzzled by businesses closing or moving.

Fuck the left. Fuck the woke. Fuck the Democrats.

Today. Tomorrow. Forever.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Exactly who and where is the model response Biden is recommending?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Here's something that perhaps we can all agree on:

The vaccine should be tested on politicians first.

If they survive, the vaccine is safe.

If they don't, the country is safe.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

... [snip] ...

I like the way you think sir!

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

... [snip] ...

I like the way you think sir!

Yes!!!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
It is being discovered that when someone can perform their job at home efficiently then there's no need for skyscraper offices.

This has been happening for a few months now. Why do I need office space for 300, when 270 can work from home and still be about 90% effective? Im making up more in savings from condensing my real estate to make up from a 10% loss.

I’m just tossing numbers out there, but no matter what, with a lot of companies- bottom line matters.

If you can save more in this category to make up for a loss in that category, it’s a no brainer.

The cities are dead men walking. They just don't know it yet. Millennials were already starting to moving out. City life just isn't as fun when you have to lug around all the stuff that goes with a baby. The pandemic has just accelerated it.

But to follow your point above, any job that can be done from home can also be done by someone sitting at home in India earning one-fifth of what they have to pay an American. Think about it.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Anyone else reading the stuff from the Chinese Whistleblowers?

I’m only seeing it on Parler, with the rest the Biden stuff.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
But to follow your point above, any job that can be done from home can also be done by someone sitting at home in India earning one-fifth of what they have to pay an American. Think about it.

Or by someone out here in the cornfields of the USA.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

About COVID? I'm not on Parler - something good?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in case you need a laugh

Hillary Clinton:

When asked if a female president would have better handled the coronavirus pandemic, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said, "I have no doubt, especially if it were me. I have no doubt. I mean, I was born for that."

Clinton added that she “can’t entertain the idea of [Trump] winning” the 2020 election, which is slightly more than a week away.

“It would cause cognitive dissonance of a grave degree,” she said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/n...cant-say-it-publicly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Give me a large order of that "grave degree cognitive dissonance" please. To go.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
in case you need a laugh

Hillary Clinton:

When asked if a female president would have better handled the coronavirus pandemic, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said, "I have no doubt, especially if it were me. I have no doubt. I mean, I was born for that."

Clinton added that she “can’t entertain the idea of [Trump] winning” the 2020 election, which is slightly more than a week away.

“It would cause cognitive dissonance of a grave degree,” she said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/n...cant-say-it-publicly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Give me a large order of that "grave degree cognitive dissonance" please. To go.

Jesus Christ. Never has there been anyone, in the history of the world, who's been more desperate than this sad old bag.

Shut the fuck up, sit in your corner, come to terms with the fact that people hate you, they love (mostly) your husband, and you're a piece of shit human being.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Hillary needs to play a rousing game of Hide and Go Fuck Yourself for about 200 years.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
However I do get a warm and fuzzy when I hear the words Hillary and grave used colinearly In the same sentence

Big Grin

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

About COVID? I'm not on Parler - something good?

Yeah, the chinese Whistleblowers are basically proving Covid was made in China. If you're not on Parler, you're only getting a part of the info, since it's all being supressed.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I was tested on Friday for Covid with the brain swab. Hospital called today with the results. Am I positive? No. Am I negative? No? I am listed as "undetected". As explained to me if you're not positive than you are listed as undetected due to the inaccuracy of the test.

I just hung up the phone. Such a pure unadulterated load of bull shit this entire thing is! Roll Eyes

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post