SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 1204
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
Already few confirm with the virus infected were travelers back from China. If you understand chinese there are shit load of video from Asia talking about what happen inside China is fucking scary over there , there are videos show people drops like flies. Medical personnel are scared and screaming for help, it really look like the zombie movie.

A shit load you say, how many is that exactly? Are they dropping like flies? Or are there roaming packs of carnivorous infected folk? Can’t be both based on the Z-movies I’ve seen unless headshots are made. Let us know when a video is posted of that.

Keep On Cluckin’ should be the name of this strain based on the social media types attempting to sow panic with little to no facts.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Interesting story on where this coronavirus originated:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...ada-and-weaponize-it

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

A disturbing article by a reputable outlet. Unfortunately I don’t share Para’s outlook on the severity of viral pandemics. The advent of crisper cas9 keeps many subject matter experts awake at night.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
What makes it reputable? Is it the cutsey author who came up with Tyler Durden as his pen name?

Keep On Cluckin’ fellas

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's the Kung Flu!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Reputable outlet??? Roll Eyes

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck
Been a reader of Zero Hedge for many years and have made some money from some of their insights. You on the other hand are obnoxious, but I don’t heed somebody that daily carries a P210. LOL

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Another LOL boy. As you’re the ignoramus, who provided a moronic answer, welcome to my IL.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
It's the Kung Flu!

CDC would be Kung Flu fighting...

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Haven't read any of this thread, so I don't know if it's just me. But why is it every time I see that word in print, I always see "carnivorous"??

You see carnivorous. I see Mexican beer Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

And they chose to test it just 20 miles from where they lived and worked knowing how dangerous it was? Doesn't pass the common-sense test.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wino:
I died from SARS several years ago so I no longer need to worry.

Da bola got me...or maybe it was those tacos from Taco Bell Frown

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/nL9CuREXk20

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen any foreign reports still inside Wuhan reporting? I have not, maybe they all, not unwisely, unassed the AO before the city was closed.

While I certainly cannot speak to how bad this new boogie flu is I find China's actions and the premier's communications very interesting.

Maybe they shut down the Red Zone for business, markets took a bit of a hit but let's see by the EOD....or being overly cautious after SARS....who knows but it's interesting either way.

I love movies like "Contagion" (ya, my wife thinks I am twisted Big Grin ) so I am following this closely.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I could easily dismiss this as some - it very well could be nothing to worry about for most but I have to say based on just what I am reading, it is very disconcerting at a minimum. We have a virus that is much more infectious than SARS and fatalities are increasing much more exponential than SARS. Unlike SARS for example - this Coronavirus is infectious during the incubation period - and can be from from 1 to 14 days with 10 being as of now the stated average incubation for the coronavirus - so you take someone that is infected yet highly infectious not showing signs moving in the general population for 10 days - the odds are that it can spread like wildfire as they infect others. Combined with mroe reports that as many as 5 million were in Wuhan and left before the quarantine - the amount of possible vectors is staggering.

"On Sunday, Ma Xiaowei, China's National Health Commission, revealed that the incubation period for the virus is around 10 days - though the shortest case was 1 day, and longest 14 - and, more importantly, that those who have contracted the virus might be contagious before symptoms emerge. That wasn't the case for the SARS outbreak in 2003, and it will make the virus much more difficult to contain. Ma added that there are signs the virus is adapting to spread even more quickly from human to human, per the SCMP. "

Quote above from this article

When you also look at how China has responded - locking down last I read 56 million people - shutting down businesses and schools - and at doing so at the very early stages when the numbers were not even comparable to SARS numbers at that time - that to me lends far more credence to this being a much bigger deal than even being reported.

I saw someone mention in a twitter feed they were from Wuhan area and in Wuhan the sheer number of beds Wuhan has with their current hospitals is pretty high to begin with - so at the time they announced building two new ones rapidly which was under 1k infected - they knew either by seeing what would happen or more scary - its likely already far worse than what is being reported.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Right on. Time to be prepared for the worst and stay home. Stock up on food, vitamin C and Sambucol.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Masks are already unavailable from most sources. Probably hand sanitizer as well or soon to be unavailable.

My sons tell me that the Chinese national kids at their high-school are starting to freak out.

Q: So with an infectious incubation period of up to 14 days, when do you keep kids home from school, stop going to work or the store, and not let anyone in the house?

A: Two weeks before it gets bad.

Crystal ball anyone?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon:
.... fatalities are increasing much more exponential than SARS.

SARS had 600 deaths, so far only 80 have succumbed to the 2019-nCov... so what’s the difference in numbers again? Do you know what the definition of exponential is?

MOST of those infected get the sniffles. Meanwhile, like many human viruses, those who are immuno-compromised are the ones suffering the greatest consequences and one should always take precuations when presented with such circumstances.

Keep On Cluckin’

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So... Real question...

Does anyone know how long Corona Virus typically survive on surfaces, suspended in air, or in water?

Seems like it might be useful to know.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep On Cluckin’

While not forthcoming with information, the Chinese Communist Party probably has the best (albeit poor) handle on this infection, and they are rather drastic in their responses. Pop-up hospitals. Quarantining 50+ million people. Bulldozing berms onto highways leading into Beijing. Etc.

Just a reminder, everyone who had even the mildest case of the 1918 Flu is now dead.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Just a reminder, everyone who had even the mildest case of the 1918 Flu is now dead.

How many strains of the Spanish Flu were there since you’re referencing the mildest? Given the totality of that comment, I can tell you it’s patently false. 100% didn’t die who were infected... It was between 10 and 20%.

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke. The 1918 Flu was over 100 years ago. 99.99876% of EVERYONE who had the 1918 Flu would be dead by now simply due to time. No one lives forever.