SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Seems somewhat apt (emphasis mine):

quote:
Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy. It tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Big Pharma's 'Narrative' Is Failing

So now we don’t have to listen to what those doctors said in front of the US Supreme Court, because it turns out that one of them has some whacky beliefs about sex with demons causing reproductive disorders. What a relief.

I’m not going to pretend that the things Dr. Stella Immanuel has said don’t sound just a little crazy to me. They do.

But I’ve been observing this game long enough to have a pretty good idea of how this works:

Someone says something that contradicts the dominant narrative (in this case, the narrative about medical science), and the machine that supports that narrative goes into overdrive to discredit them, with whatever information they can dig up–as long as it doesn’t involve discussing the actual substance of what the person has said.

I understand that for some people, maybe even for a great many, that is the end of the conversation.

So for everyone who is satisfied with the “fringe doctors promoting hydroxychloroquine also believe demon sex causes fybroids” narrative–please, stop here. Your ride is over, and you may go on believing that this group of doctors and other professionals has been thoroughly discredited by these statements.

For everyone else, if you are at all interested in why such a coordinated effort has been launched to silence and discredit this group, why - even before the sex demon stuff was uncovered - videos of the group’s press conference were quickly yanked from YouTube, and why their own website was taken down without warning by its host, SquareSpace, (their new website can now be found here) then please keep reading.

WHAT THE AMERICA’S FRONTLINE DOCTORS GROUP SAID:

What follows is a brief summary of the key points made by the group America’s Frontline Doctors at their press conference last week. I will not comment on the validity of their claims, however founder Dr. Simone Gold has provided support for much of what the group said, in a white paper that can be found here.
1. They believe that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for Covid-19.

This is the claim made by several of the speakers, including Dr. Immanuel, based on their own clinical experience, as well as on multiple published studies. Many of those studies are listed here, and here.
2. State licensing boards are using their power to forcibly prevent people from having access to this drug.

According to Dr. Gold, many states have empowered their pharmacists to not honor prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine to be used in treating Covid-19. This, she says, is unprecedented:

“It has never happened that a state has threatened a doctor for prescribing a universally accepted safe generic cheap drug off-label.”

Meanwhile, says Gold, the drug is available over the counter in many other countries, including Iran and Indonesia, where it can be found “in the vitamin section”.

3. There is a coordinated campaign to discredit and suppress information about the drug hydroxychloroquine as a possible treatment for Covid-19:

“If it seems like there is an orchestrated attack going on against hydroxychloroquine,” said Dr. James Todaro, “it’s because there is.”

Dr. Todaro is speaking from experience. He was the co-author of a March 13 white paper arguing for the use of hydroxychloroquine against Covid-19. The paper was made public on Google Docs, received a lot of attention, and was then removed–without warning–by Google. (It has since been put back up.)
4. The World Health Organization halted its trials of hydroxychloroquine based on a blatantly fraudulent study that relied on data that it appears never even existed.

Bear in mind that this is the authority upon which YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki has said she bases her company’s policy on “misinformation”.

The WHO later resumed trials after independent investigators discovered the problems and the study’s authors retracted it.
5. We should be able to have a free and open discussion about this.

Dr. Dr. Joseph Lapado from UCLA, sums it up:

“We’ve been using (hydroxychloroquine) for a long time. But all of a sudden it’s been escalated to this area of looking like some poisonous drug. That just doesn’t make sense… At the very least, we can live in a world where there are differences of opinion about the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine, but still allow more data to come, still allow physicians who feel they have expertise with it to use that medication, and still, you know, talk and learn and get better at helping people with Covid-19.”

WHY THE ALL-OUT MEDIA ASSAULT ON THE FRONTLINE DOCTORS?:

The influence that the pharmaceutical industry wields over media outlets is no secret. As of 2018, an estimated 70% of all news advertising in the US came from pharmaceutical companies. I have written elsewhere about how “reporting” on medical issues can be difficult to distinguish from outright marketing for drug companies.

Social-media platforms are not immune to this influence, whether it comes via advertising dollars; “partnerships” such as that between the CDC Foundation and MailChimp (which like many other platforms, has an explicit policy of censoring content about vaccines that does not align with the positions of the CDC and the WHO); direct investment, such as that of Google’s parent company Alphabet; or indeed at the behest of politicians such as Congressman Adam Schiff, who last year wrote to the CEOs of Amazon, Facebook and Google, requesting that those companies censor information and products that did not conform to the officially sanctioned position on vaccines. All three complied.

So it should come as small surprise that both Google and YouTube have now taken to removing content supportive of hydroxychloroquine, a drug that is no longer covered by patent, and can be made and sold by any generic producer, for a fraction of the price that Gilead, for example, might charge for its still-patented Remdesivir.

Twitter and Facebook have likewise removed posts about the drug, most notably–and with no visible sense of irony–removing posts of the video in which the Frontline Doctors speak out about widespread media censorship of the topic. (You can now see those videos on Bitchute.)

One need not have an opinion on the merits of the drug hydroxychloroquine in order to recognize that something very odd is happening here. Something that doesn’t seem to have anything to do with free and open inquiry or honest scientific discourse.

Many argue that the politicization of this drug is founded in a desire to unseat President Trump, that the opposition to it is primarily because it was endorsed by Trump, and if it is deemed to be a failure (or even better, dangerous to patients) it will be a powerful strike against the president. That may well be part of what has motivated this. But there is another motivation, having to do with the desire to push a more expensive medication onto the market, and to push a new vaccine on the world’s population.

More broadly, it has to do with the narrative that those in the business of selling drugs demand we believe: that we are all in desperate need of their products (but only the ones still under patent) if we are to be healthy–or indeed, if we are to survive at all.

If it turns out that this “new” virus is easily treatable, with hydroxychloroquine or anything else, then the industry’s dreams go up in smoke. If hydroxychloroquine turns out to be a safe and effective way of treating Covid-19 (as multiple studies and the experience in many other countries outside of the US indicate it may be) then there is much less reason for anyone to receive a vaccine for it, let alone the entire world’s population. Likewise, there is no pressing need to develop a new, more expensive treatment.

But even more than that: If it turns out that hydroxychloroquine is after all a safe and effective treatment for Covid-19, then this whole episode - the silencing of dissenting voices, the “fact-checking” on social media, the campaigns against “misinformation” - will be revealed in plain sight, for what it has always been: Nothing more than a well-funded marketing campaign and damage-control effort on behalf of the industry that wants you to believe that you need to use its expensive products in order to go on living.

So when a group of doctors took to the steps of the US Supreme Court and told the world how they were having success using a cheap anti-malarial that had been in use for 65 years to treat the most deadly contagion of our generation, it was a massive blow to the narrative upon which the pharmaceutical purveyors’ success depends. And over the next few days, as viewers engaged in a race with the censors, quickly downloading videos before they were removed, to post them on other platforms… it became clear that the censors and the gatekeepers had lost control of the conversation.

This is not only about hydroxychloroquine. Every time media outlets or social-media platforms engage in outright censorship of content, in a way that happens to benefit pharmaceutical companies, both parties lose just a little more credibility. The actions we are witnessing now are not the actions of an industry confident in the value of what it provides to the world. They are the actions of a desperate, threatened creature. They are the actions of an entity that is not strengthened by the truth, but weakened by it. That is what these (increasingly obvious) acts of censorship tell us. What we are witnessing are the pangs of a lumbering, wounded, behemoth.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...as-narrative-failing

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
No shit.....

I used this example today when my ENT doc canceled my procedure tomorrow due to a positive China Virus test. I states the exact thing below and wanted to take a retests and he said he couldn't. Even if the test I failed was a 'false positive' he has to cancel the procedure and report it to the state.

Then he asks if I have any symptoms to which I say no, I feel fine.....

Now I'm a leper as I have to report the result to friends and family I have been around to make sure they are okay. Also, need to take another Rona test in two weeks before I jump on a plane to go visit my dying father in Florida. If that one comes back positive then would likely have to cancel that trip too...

My niece has been staying with us for the week took a rapid test which came back negative. My wife went and got the nasal swab done so she should know those results in a day or two.

If I did catch The Rona, no idea where. I've been pretty isolated except for going to the grocery store a couple times and then the indoor shooting range two Sundays ago.

One more tidbit. A friend of my SIL said she knows 4 people that registered to get the Rona test but did not get the actual test and days later received a letter saying that their Rona test came back positive.

Nucking Futz...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hey, don't forget, boys and girls- trust the stats and trust the testing! Razz

Removed video of Ohio Governor testing negative after testing positive for The Rona

No, really, the numbers are accurate and the testing is accurate!! Let every decision you make pivot on this bullshit err the data. Razz

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
OK what test did you have for Covid? I would hope that you selected a competent ENT and as a result got an accurate test. If this is the case you are in the lucky 20 percent who are asymptomatic. I hope they are doing contact tracing. You should consider yourself most fortunate. If you doubt the test go someplace else and get a test.

Posts: 17233 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for a false positive to occur. A false negative is far more likely and does happen to some degree.

If in doubt, you could wait a couple weeks and get the blood antibody test. (I just got mine, and it was negative.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for a false positive to occur.
And why is that, Dr. Kildaire?

Posts: 107563 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OK what test did you have for Covid?
I got the one where they stick a 16" swab in each nostril and makes you yell like Bruce Lee about to kick half of Taiwan's ass.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible for a false positive to occur.
And why is that, Dr. Kildaire?

The test detects an RNA sequence. It's like looking for a long specific sequence of numbers. If there's a match, there's very little chance of it being something else.

A false negative is different. Although you might have the virus, it might not show up in the specific sample that was taken. Maybe the sample site was too shallow, and the virus was deeper. Or it hadn't had enough time to replicate in numbers. Or the test was done improperly. Lots of things could cause you not to detect something that is actually there.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got the one where they stick a 16" swab in each nostril and makes you yell like Bruce Lee about to kick half of Taiwan's ass

^^^^^^^^^^^
That is the real deal. Technique in taking the sample is important.

Posts: 17233 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^You are correct. Unfortunately, the deeper the swab, the more reliable the test. At early stages, the infection might only be present deeper inside the nasal cavity.

The shallow swab, which I got, only goes about an inch up the nostril. Since there was a chance of error (false negative), I followed up with the antibody test a few weeks after (a blood test). Luckily, it was also negative.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, well, the ER guy had his knuckles in my nose. Balls deep, in a sense.

I SAID IN A SENSE!

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that. Your pain was not for nothing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure it was. It was a total waste of time. Time will prove me correct.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^
OK what test did you have for Covid? I would hope that you selected a competent ENT and as a result got an accurate test. If this is the case you are in the lucky 20 percent who are asymptomatic. I hope they are doing contact tracing. You should consider yourself most fortunate. If you doubt the test go someplace else and get a test.

I got swabbed at a credible medical urgent care (meaning tied to the hospital) that was recommended by my ENT. She did the shallow test so the swab was not tickling my tonsils...

My primary doctor was informed and we are calling in the morning to see if I can get another test done. It's too late for my sinus procedure but hopefully clear things up in the event I need to rush down to Florida.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I had a doctor stick a poker in my pecker almost 40 years ago.

Test came back negative for the COVID but I got the Jack (and a big ol' shot in the ass for a piece of ass), so I'm good to go, no mask, no six feet, no Strong Alone, and I can eat all the ice cream I want.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

And now to wipe that imagery of pokers in peckers.

Australia COVID-19 stats 10 August 2020

(source: health.gov.au)

In Victoria - there is increased compliance (masks when outside), more people at home, more people doing the right thing, less people doing the wrong thing.

That's the gist of where it's at.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Governor Blackface (Northam) and his commie cronies are at it again.

https://www.wjhl.com/coronavir...e-you-can-report-it/

RICHMOND, Va. (WJHL) – The Virginia Department of Health Monday released an online complaint form to report violations of the statewide face-covering mandate.

According to the online form, if you observe violations of Executive Orders 63, or 67, you can now report it to the state health department.

Executive Order 63 involves wearing a face-covering while inside buildings. Executive Order 67 involves Phase 3 easing of certain temporary restrictions due to COVID-19. Complaints that involve cloth face coverings or capacity requirements may be filed with this form.

On the form it states that VDH has the authority to enforce Executive Order 63 and a section of Order 67. These complaints will be reviewed by the state health department then forwarded to local health departments.

If you need access to the online form, click HERE.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
You’d think a guy named Siegel would understand the Judenstern connotation?

Doctor Recommends Children Wear Yellow Badges If They Haven’t Been Vaccinated

During an appearance on Monday’s edition of the “Tucker Carlson Tonight” television program on FOX News, a doctor and Fox news contributor suggested that children should wear yellow badges bearing the phrase “No Hugs Please” if they have not received a COVID-19 vaccine.

Dr. Marc Seigel, a frequent FOX news contributor who recently landed an exclusive interview with President Donald Trump, told Tucker Carlson that children were looking to parents for leadership, and implied that wearing a yellow “No Hugs Please” badge would help in the fight against COVID-19.

“Here’s one other thing we have to do, sadly,” Seigel said while showing Carlson the yellow badge. “‘No Hugs Please.’ Now if you look at this pin Tucker, it looks like something you might remember: No Smoking Please.”

“Let’s give our kids all of these pins, ‘No Hugs Please,’ sadly, but I’m gonna say this, with this pin, or shirts, ‘No Hugs Please,’ we’re gonna get 26 candidates for a vaccine coming out in the clinical trials right now,” Seigel continued.

“Vaccines are gonna emerge, we’re gonna beat this thing, and then this is gonna go in the garbage,” the doctor said in reference to the badge. “And we’re all gonna hug each other. In the meantime, Tucker, let’s show our kids courage. They’re looking to parents for leadership. Leadership says, open the schools wherever we can, Tucker.”

Carlson, who held a dour expression throughout Seigel’s monologue, seemed to push back against the guest’s idea of compulsory badges.

“I don’t know if I can go there, I’m a hugger, sorry,” Carlson said.

https://nationalfile.com/video...ent-been-vaccinated/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
You’d think a guy named Siegel would understand the Judenstern connotation?

Doctor Recommends Children Wear Yellow Badges If They Haven’t Been Vaccinated
Jeezus...even stupid me thought of this the first thing...

My...how history DOES repeat itself! JSMH.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06wrb:
Governor Blackface (Northam) and his commie cronies are at it again.

https://www.wjhl.com/coronavir...e-you-can-report-it/

RICHMOND, Va. (WJHL) – The Virginia Department of Health Monday released an online complaint form to report violations of the statewide face-covering mandate.

According to the online form, if you observe violations of Executive Orders 63, or 67, you can now report it to the state health department.

Executive Order 63 involves wearing a face-covering while inside buildings. Executive Order 67 involves Phase 3 easing of certain temporary restrictions due to COVID-19. Complaints that involve cloth face coverings or capacity requirements may be filed with this form.

On the form it states that VDH has the authority to enforce Executive Order 63 and a section of Order 67. These complaints will be reviewed by the state health department then forwarded to local health departments.

If you need access to the online form, click HERE.

So report them, all of them. The Governor, Lt. Governor, health dept. folks at all levels, every member of the legislature, etc. Flood the system with reports.

Posts: 10936 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post