SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
All employees got an email from the president of our Hospital Network today.
COVID cost the network a couple hundred million dollars and a workforce reduction is coming.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...and all of this- all of it- was unnecessary.

I say in all seriousness- lots of people need to hang.

Hemp. Gallows. Thirteen steps. Short rope. Long drop.

Goddamn the people in charge.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here's your feel-good-story of the day:

A Karen throws coffee in the victim's face because he's eating a burrito without a mask on so then the victim punches her boyfriend "Ken". Big Grin

quote:

Bloody brawl breaks out after woman throws coffee in man’s face for not wearing mask

The brawl was all caught on video, recorded by James Hernandez’s bodycam, which he says he has to wear as a Trump supporter.

“Because I wear a trump hat I’ve had a lot of confrontations, I guess,” he said.

His camera was rolling on Friday when he says he and his friend, Matthew Roy, were eating burritos outside without masks on, and a couple criticized them.

“Y’all need to be wearing masks,” the woman can be heard saying.

“No we don’t,” Hernandez replies. “We’re locals here but were on the other side of the fence, we don’t believe in this stuff.”

“I hadn’t even gotten to start eating the burrito yet before someone wanted to give me a mask lecture,” Roy said.

“I guess the guy really wanted to impress his girlfriend because I was pretty dismissive, I thought when I turned my back on them they would just move on, but he wanted to stand there and engage me.” Wink

Roy says the woman then stuck her middle finger in his face, and tensions escalated further until she threw her coffee in his face.

Roy immediately gets up, and begins punching the woman’s boyfriend in response.

“She decided to slam her coffee into my head and that’s when I decided to get up and beat up her boyfriend,” Roy said.

“I got a few licks in and I have brothers at home and as soon as the gentleman or the gentler man said stop, I did, I backed off.”

The bloodied man called police and reported he’d been assaulted.

Police responded, but no arrests were made.

“They really wanted to force us to put a mask on, they just thought we were killing their grandma,” Hernandez said.

“Nobody really believes in the masks, but everybody is scared of Ken and Karen and I’m not, I don’t care anymore,” Roy said.

The men told FOX 11 they declined to press charges.

Manhattan Beach PD told FOX 11 no arrests were made, and no charges are pending.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJBG6NQWio0

https://www.foxla.com/news/blo...for-not-wearing-mask

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
You can make up your own mind.
I did, long ago.

I've had enough of being lied to.

Me too. I went back to my normal life back in early April.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:

I don't know how anyone is able to do that yet. I've tried my damndest to ignore the insanity and just live like the world hasn't gone insane, but it's simply not possible, even in Utah.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Karen" is really the one who needed her ass kicked. By the guy she threw coffee on and then later by her boyfriend for getting his ass kicked because of her Smile

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know how anyone is able to do that yet. I've tried my damndest to ignore the insanity and just live like the world hasn't gone insane, but it's simply not possible, even in Utah.

I have at least tried. Mostly I work and ignore the dictators and those afflicted with Covid-19 mass hysteria. I walk in without a mask and if asked to leave more than once, I do. Lots of places around me leave me alone.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
"Karen" is really the one who needed her ass kicked. By the guy she threw coffee on and then later by her boyfriend for getting his ass kicked because of her Smile

Glad he had a camera because those two would have lied out their asses that the other two started something.

I agree, she needed to have her ass handed to her, and they need to buy him a new t-shirt.

I suggest a vintage Trump shirt from the Iron Horse

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I wonder what ever happened to Dave???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:

Karen needed both of her arms and legs broken

an ass kicking is insufficient and not nearly painful enough

we need examples out there

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...and all of this- all of it- was unnecessary.

I say in all seriousness- lots of people need to hang.

Hemp. Gallows. Thirteen steps. Short rope. Long drop.

Goddamn the people in charge.

Yes it is and yes they do. The first graph I posted drives the lies and unnecessary damages done home - or at least it should.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

I haven't bought into the crap since Day 1 and I'm pushing back

there are stores that say you must have a mask to enter - I ignore it and haven't been stopped.

went to the dentist yesterday and 'had' to wear a mask. They asked me a series of questions and asked my age - was told that I was in the high risk group. took my temp, was normal. Took my mask off. I asked the lady telling me I was high risk how long she had been practicing medicine without a license and the receptionist gave me a sideways look and I unloaded on them about the bullshit. They actually agreed and are going through the motions.

I'm tired of the shit. I was at a bar last night and everyone had a mask. I asked how they drank...

I am not at all embarrassed to walk into a store without a mask. Anyone who gives me grief will get an earful of 4 letter words.

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I haven't bought into the crap since Day 1 and I'm pushing back

there are stores that say you must have a mask to enter - I ignore it and haven't been stopped.

went to the dentist yesterday and 'had' to wear a mask. They asked me a series of questions and asked my age - was told that I was in the high risk group. took my temp, was normal. Took my mask off. I asked the lady telling me I was high risk how long she had been practicing medicine without a license and the receptionist gave me a sideways look and I unloaded on them about the bullshit. They actually agreed and are going through the motions.

I'm tired of the shit. I was at a bar last night and everyone had a mask. I asked how they drank...

I am not at all embarrassed to walk into a store without a mask. Anyone who gives me grief will get an earful of 4 letter words.

If anyone says something to me about it, I tell them I already had it and can’t get it again.....their faces are priceless

Mrs. Mike does cut here eyes at me though.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Overheard today at the local WaWa near my house. A Karen type opts to bust the balls of some guy who was not wearing a mask and looked like he worked as a mason given the looks of his hands and clothes. What I overheard from said mason caused a smile to cross my face. He looked down at this mask covered moron and told her..."Trust me lady, the words falling out of your mouth right now are far more dangerous to your health than any virus I might have. Go away." Loved it! Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We're being scammed. Or at least some of us are. The masks are doing nothing...nothing good anyway.

Horowitz: Our government openly warned against universal masking during wildfires — It should apply to virus too

Daniel Horowitz · August 4, 2020  

If you want to ascertain the science behind a given policy, look at the literature on the issue before it became political and a tool for social control. Thus, if one were to do that regarding the efficacy of masks, the side effects of long-term wearing, and the advice on children wearing them, he’d discover that the research was all on one side … until it became political.

One common public health challenge that might lead people to cover their faces is annual wildfire season in affected areas. For those who don’t live near forests, particularly out west, this might sound like a foreign concept, but for millions of Americans, dealing with the contaminated air from wildfires is a common occurrence. What’s also particularly helpful about researching forest fires is that the issue has not been politicized, at least not yet. So, what have governmental agencies said about covering one’s face in areas saturated with smoke from seasonal wildfires?

The California Department of Public Health has a section on mask wearing in its Q&A page for protecting against smoke inhalation from wildfires. In response to the question, “Should I wear a mask during a wildfire, even if it’s not really smoky where I am?” the California government could not be any clearer:

“Surgical masks, dust masks, bandanas or other face coverings do not offer protection from particle pollution. Inexpensive paper “comfort” or “dust” masks commonly found at hardware stores are designed to trap large particles and do not provide enough protection for your lungs.”

In other words, everyone understood until recently that masks are for visible contamination or perhaps larger bacteria, but not for microscopic particles, such as smoke particles or viruses. At least 90% of smoke particles are less than 1 micron (1,000 nanometers), which is 1/100th the size of the width of a human hair.

SARS-CoV-2 particles are even smaller, between 60-140 nanometers, which is approximately 1/10th the size of the smoke particles for which masks don’t help. There is no equivocation in this statement – the same way the CDC, as late as May 2020, was certain that masks don’t help against virus particles

To the contrary, the California Department of Health, which now obsesses about the use of masks, warned about the inherent harm in wearing masks, especially outdoors:

“Mask use may give the wearer a false sense of security, which might encourage too much physical activity and time spent outdoors. Also, wearing a mask may actually be harmful to some people with heart or lung disease because it can make the lungs work harder to breathe.”

How come nobody is raising any concern about universal masking given the obvious observation that covering one’s face makes the lungs work harder?

Also, their point about a false sense of security during wildfires applies to the virus as well. While the media and politicians are dramatically overstating the risk of the virus, it certainly is potentially deadly for those who are immunocompromised. I have seen a lot of people I know go indoors with many people around thinking that a mask will protect them. This is one area where the mask cult is actually being too lenient by creating a mystical placebo out of masks.

The CA Department of Health does note that NIOSH N95 or P100 masks, “when worn correctly, have been shown to filter particles and improve the quality of the air being inhaled.” In other words, a form-fitted N95 can possibly make a dent in the amount of inhalation of contaminated micro particles (although virus particles are 10 times smaller). However, they state clearly that “Children should not wear these masks – they do not fit properly and can impede breathing.”

But if this is a problem for children, it should be a problem for adults too. As the Sacramento County Department of Health Services  states, “N95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe due to carbon dioxide buildup, which reduces the intake of oxygen, increased breathing rates, and heart rates.”

In the EPA’s guidance on protecting against smoke inhalation from wildfires, they advise people to stay home, but if they go out, they recommend “using a tightfitting N95 or P100 respirator.” There is no mention of the absurdity of wearing another type of mask altogether.

The EPA also warns about the side effects. They observe that “wearing a respirator can make it harder to breathe and that “wearing a respirator, especially if it’s hot or you are physically active, can increase the risk of heat-related illness.” And, of course, they warn against children wearing them.

Again, if this is the known side effect of N95s, one has to wonder if there is at least some harm with oxygen loss with surgical masks when worn for entire school days – putting aside the fact that they do not filter out virus particles. Who is to say people will not suffer the worst of both worlds – some degree of carbon dioxide poisoning while failing to filter out the virus as a jail cell would fail to contain a fly? This is especially true when these masks are worn all day in excessive heat.

What is self-evident from reading the government literature on masks before the issue became political is that they were extremely empathic and consistent about the fact that random masks do not filter out microbiology.

“Surgical masks and one-strap dust masks will not protect your lungs,” wrote the EPA with regards to ash disposal workers. “They are not designed to seal tightly to the face.”

The only thing that was thought to help was an N95, but it was clear it had to be form-fitting, one had to be clean shaven while wearing it, and they were designed to be worn only for short periods of time because of the side effects.

The Montana Department of Health was just as emphatic about the inability of surgical masks to filter out microbiology and the risk of side effects with more form-fitted ones:

Surgical masks or dust masks commonly found at hardware stores trap large particles. These masks will not protect your lungs from smoke. An “N95” mask, properly worn, will offer some protection. If you decide to keep a mask on hand, see the Respirator Fact Sheet provided by CDC’s National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Filtering face-piece respirators and masks can make the work of breathing more difficult and can lead to increased breathing rates and heart rates. They can also contribute to heat stress. Because of this, respirator use by those with heart and respiratory diseases should only be done under a doctor’s supervision. A wet towel or bandana is not recommended either. While they may stop large particles, fine ones can still get into the lungs.

We already see how masks don’t work even in the countries and settings with 100% compliance.  It makes sense because a 2019 study of 2,862 randomized participants published in JAMA found that even N95 masks don’t work against influenza, which is much smaller than smoke particles.  “Among outpatient health care personnel, N95 respirators vs medical masks as worn by participants in this trial resulted in no significant difference in the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza,” concluded the study by Radonovich, L.J. et al. in 2019.

Now it will be interesting to watch the side effects. Until then, we will be told to shut up and make our lungs work harder contrary to unrefuted research by our government before this became a political tool of social control.

https://www.conservativereview...ldfires-apply-virus/

And...

OP-ED AUGUST 05, 2020
Horowitz: Philippines had the harshest lockdown and most mask wearing. It didn’t work.
Despite all its efforts, coronavirus cases are surging

DANIEL HOROWITZ

Nowhere is the circuitous insanity and national masochism of lockdown policies more evident than in the Philippines. This nation of over 100 million holds the distinction of having undergone the longest and most severe lockdown. They also have the highest rate of mask wearing in the world, according to a recent survey. In other words, they've done everything the propagators of corona panic porn every dreamt of. Yet…

Their answer? A new lockdown – all the while missing the irony that the first series of totalitarian mandates didn't work. Now they have a weakened and destitute population to face the virus, while countries like Sweden achieved de facto herd immunity from a position of strength.

Just how insane was the lockdown in the Philippines? Beginning as early as March 15, under the direction of President Rodrigo Duterte, anyone under 21 or over 60 was not allowed out of his home, only one family member could go out for food and medicine, and there was an across-the-board curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. President Duterte threatened to have violators shot.

Tens of thousands of people in America likely died as a result of the lockdown – could you imagine how many hundreds of thousands died from lack of food and medical care in a poor country from such a severe policy of house arrest? This country has been suffering from a hunger crisis for years. The cruel irony is that only 2,000 people have died of COVID-19 in the country of 100 million. Like most Asian countries, they probably have a high degree of cross-immunity from coronavirus colds.

Aside from the insane lockdown, the Philippines holds the distinction of having the highest degree of mask compliance. After all, people don't want to get shot.

So, after destroying their country, one would think they at least “got rid" of the virus, right?

Wrong! The virus does what it does and was always bound to come to southern latitude countries later, as we are seeing in places like Israel and Hawaii. The national lockdown was in place until June 1 and many local places still had lockdowns until July. Now, the corrupt and evil government has a brilliant idea: a new lockdown.

Hey, how about they just shoot everyone dead and then they don't have to worry about the virus? That seems to sum up the strategy they have pursued. It's like curing a migraine by chopping off someone's head but still finding some way to not get rid of the pain. Manilla and four surrounding provinces are under full house arrest for two weeks.

In a cruel irony, the country is now in such a weakened state, they will have an attenuated immune system and a medical system flooded with other ailments to now contend with the virus. How prescient was the warning from D.A. Henderson, the former dean of Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, who is widely credited with helping to eradicate smallpox, when he noted how continuing daily lives for most people as normal is the best way to endure through an epidemic.

“Experience has shown that communities faced with epidemics or other adverse events respond best and with the least anxiety when the normal social functioning of the community is least disrupted," wrote Henderson in a paper co-authored by other Hopkins researchers in 2006.

On Tuesday, AP wrote an op-ed dressed up as a news story asserting wrongly that “many Americans have resisted wearing masks and social distancing," which resulted in more viral spread.

“Public health experts say the problem has been compounded by confusing and inconsistent guidance from politicians and a patchwork quilt of approaches to containing the scourge by county, state and federal governments," added AP.

Well, maybe they ought to take a look at the Philippines. There was no confusion or inconsistency there and certainly no lack of obedience. Just pure tyranny. When will we finally learn that when you trade liberty for security, you achieve neither?

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed...earing-it-didnt-work

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Great read, thanks for sharing!

I am really concerned about the Pandemic.
In Australia, it started in Victoria.
And rapidly spread to other states.

The Pandemic I refer to?

The Pandemic ... of Stupid.

Common sense, reason, and what's best for all, is being ignored.

Border jumpers, anti-maskers, sovereign citizens, the selfish, the complacent.

Bondi Beach, during the first stage of restrictions (source: AAP)

Just an opinion mind you.

Off my soap box, back to the lair.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Boy toy got off with only a bloody nose. Don't throw coffee on people and try to walk away. Both of them should've gotten stomped. Talk shit like a man and you'll get beat up like a man, that's equal opportunity.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
Border jumpers, anti-maskers, sovereign citizens, the selfish, the complacent.
I'm sure I'm in there somewhere.

There's something I've addressed previously in this thread, but I feel the need to return to it. A couple of days ago, I drove past the entrance to a hospital. A coloful cardboard sign has been posted in front of the concrete pillar which display the hospital name.

"HEROES WORK HERE" the sign declares.

Really? Since when? You work in a hospital. Hospitals are buildings which by definition are places to tend to the sick and the infirmed. People may appear at the front door or the ER entrance of these buildings with any disease, affliction or injury imaginable. It has always been this way. So, why is it now that the people who work in these facilities are suddenly "heroes"? Because of this blown-all-the-fuck-out-of-proportion "pandemic"? They weren't heroes before, but they are now, because of this virus? Really?

Tell me- when you walk through the door of, say, Wal-Mart or your local grocery store, or a convenience store, or wherever people may congregate, do they stop you at the door, take your temperature, check you for any symptoms of infection, then whisk you off to sequestration and isolation, to be tended to by people in suits that look like something out of The Andromeda Strain? No? Doesn't happen, huh? Well, that's what they do if you request admittance to a hospital and they suspect you've got da 'rona. Yeah, that just shouts "hero".

Does this mean that the poor schlubs pulling down 12.50 an hour at a grocery store, with nothing to protect them but a cloth mask, are even more heroic? Well, where's their Goddamned sign? Huh? Where's their sign that says "REALLY Heroic People Work Here"?

Hospital PR department: "All of these people are heroes."

Hospital administrators: "All of you hospital workers are heroes."

Hospital managers: "All of the people who report to me are heroes."

Hospital workers: "We're all heroes."

Me: "Cut the shit."

Just keep diluting the meaning of the word. Keep thinking that having a job makes you a hero. When you do this, make sure you forget entirely about police officers who face the prospect of being murdered each day they go to work (and forget about the current heightened danger of this in today's sickening anti-police climate).
Forget about the firefighters who risk the possibility of falling through the floor of a burning building and burning to death while trapped in rubble.
Forget about American special armed forces personnel who get dropped into enemy territory with only what they can carry and who face the possibility of being captured and tortured to death.
Forget about the chopper pilot hovering sixty feet from the face of a vertical cliff trying to maneuver rescue personnel (whom you should also forget) into position to rescue your metrosexual I-slipped-while-taking-my-hourly-Instagram-selfie ass.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of all the bullshit. In case of these heroic hospital workers didn't notice, the unemploymeent rate in this nation is something like eleven percent. Don't forget to forget about the man with six kids and a thirty year fixed mortgage who lost his job because of the pants-pissing panic of our government "leaders".

Just freaking stop it

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post