SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now we have a curfew Roll Eyes ....

So apparently the virus only comes out at night? Roll Eyes

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
We went through this with Swine Flu

A couple months ago I had a post that I’d made from 2009 pop up in my Facebook feed. It was right at the height of the swine flu scare. I was in Montreal at a trade show and got pretty sick on the last day. I posted and made a joke about having swine flu and dying.

It reminded me how we acted. Nobody stopped anything. I was in another country at a damn trade show. I got sick and nobody acted any different. I finished the day, went and bought a bunch of juice and water and to my room and went to bed. I woke up the next day and flew home. We were aware of the virus but life went on as usual. Nobody took any precautions. There were no masks. No hand sanitizer stations. And people didn’t lose their jobs.

This shit has been pretty financially rough on me. I got furloughed in March and was lucky enough to pick up a new job last month but for about 55% of my old pay. I’ve burned through some of my savings and on my current salary I’ll have to burn through the rest to pay my bills. I was going to buy a house next year but there is no chance of that now. It’s probably set me back at least 3 years.

Still, it’s all worth it to not have HRC in office. Had she won likely none of this would have happened but I’m still glad she lost.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Probably don't need a separate thread yet;

China bubonic plague: Inner Mongolia takes precautions after case

Can't we just go back to the Murder Hornets?
I wouldn't call this a big deal; IIRC the US gets a few cases a year out west. Prairie dogs carry it, among other rodents, transmitted by fleas. It's also easily treatable by antibiotics (it's not a virus).

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Something for everyone to laugh about. Newsome in California banned all fireworks displays and told everyone to stay inside under penalty of fines. This is how California residents 'responded' to his demands.

I'd venture a video of CFL would look much the same, we always buy fireworks, enough to do a mini show, mortars etc. Generally we're one of a few doing it, but with all the shows cancelled it looked like a massive fireworks show, in the neighborhood there were three or four of us competing for show honors, along with several from other neighboring subdivisions. Epic enough that the drive home was extra smokey, like San Fran at night, I was waiting on a fog horn and Flashing Light to guide me....

quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Now we have a curfew Roll Eyes ....

So apparently the virus only comes out at night? Roll Eyes

Along with the freaks.......

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing to get alarmed about, bubonic plague pops up here and there here in the US, mainly wherever rodents gather or, nest-up. You also see Hantavirus in the same regions as bubonic; you'll see outbreak warnings or, closed areas around old Native American historical sites, old structures like run-down cabins, ghost towns, even the National Parks in certain areas. 2012 Yosemite's Curry Village had an outbreak of hantavirus.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Oh my God! Oh my God! We're all going to die....Again! Roll Eyes I must say, I lmao throughout this entire piece of trash reporting. They are really, really, going the extra mile trying to scare the population into submission. What's next? The virus can teleport into a victim from across the country. Roll Eyes [url=https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/04/health/239-experts-with-one-big-claim-the-coronavirus-is-airborne.html]239 Experts With One Big Claim: The Coronavirus Is Airborne[/url

If this was true my wife would have been infected long ago. As I mentioned in another thread, she does home health care and has sat with COVID-19 positive patients for 45 minutes to an hour at a time, seeing as many as three in a day.

I can't believe anybody considers this responsible journalism.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
News said 341% increase in hospitalizations in Dallas area compared to 30 days ago.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nationalreview.com...ition-remains-50000/

Harvard to Implement Online Learning for All Students, Tuition Remains $50,000

Harvard University has announced it will implement online learning for all courses during the coming academic year, while tuition for the Ivy League school will remain about $50,000.

Up to 40 percent of undergraduate students will be cleared to live on campus this fall, including all incoming freshmen, according to a statement posted Monday on Harvard’s website. All Harvard seniors will be allowed to return to campus in the spring semester, with freshmen returning home. However, even those students who choose to live on campus will be required to take part in online instruction.

“We have sought a path to bringing all students back as soon as conditions allow, while continuing their academic progress in the meantime and remaining a vibrant research community across our broad range of disciplines,” Harvard President Lawrence Bacow and two other deans wrote in a statement. “But we also recognize that, fundamentally, there is an intrinsic incompatibility between our highly interactive, residential Harvard College experience and the social distancing needed to mitigate COVID-19 transmission.”

Various universities have struggled to implement academic plans for 2020-2021 following the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. Harvard’s new rules bar visitors from student dormitories and even forbid students living in one dorm from visiting another.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"the sky is falling...the sky is falling"....all these news headlines and updates are only designed to frighten and tighten control on us. The death rates are actually falling, as been pointed out before but that is not being reported.
For all the hysteria over the infection in Texas, Florida, etc....guess who's mortality rate leads the country? New Jersey with over 1700 + per 1 million people and New York with 1600 + per 1miilion people. But all we hear about them is how well they are doing. I seem to recall Florida's death rates was around 172 per 1 million people and I forget what Texas is but its still way lower than either NY or NJ

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tleo205,

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The President gets it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
If the GDC had their candidate in the White House, there would have been no shut down of the economy.

I keep reading similar opinions, but I have never seen an answer to my basic question:
How did the GDCs in this country cause the shutdowns in the rest of the world? As I recall, the Chinese even started their draconian measures before we did. I am willing to believe that the Democrats would do anything to advance their agendas, but are they that powerful?

China shut down and quarantined Wuhan and most of Hubei province to contain this bug, based on a pre-established pandemic containment plan created after SARS. Once this thing looked like it was "SARS the Revenge" they activated the plan. Yes their public healthcare system got overrun by mostly old people that had lived for decades breathing nasty air pollution. But there are two variables there - the rate of infections needing hospitalization, and the "quality" of the health care system.

The "shut it down, shut it down now" reaction is also consistent with the CCP's realization that this bug escaped form the viral research lab after undergoing gain of function tests. It was imperative that they declare a pandemic, shut everything down, and stop anyone from outside China who is not "sympathetic" to the CCP from coming in and taking samples, tracing the outbreak, and doing anything else that might counter the "wet market" narrative. If it really was a wet market, then wet markets should have been shut down across the country, but now we have an outbreak in Beijing from, guess what, another even bigger wet market! What a coincidence. Wet markets were the source of every major virus coming out of China in the past two decades but they are still in operation.

Italy overran their public health system too. Again, that is a function of the hospitalization rate and the quality of the public health system.

Someone I know in China posted the other day that a woman shopping at a mall in Dalian (NE coast near Korea) who had been in contact with infected people from Beijing and twice tested negative, was contacted by phone and told she now tested positive. Two hundred people in the mall that had been near this woman were then lined up, processed, tested, and sent for 14 day quarantine. This is not consistent with the case severity rates and death rates we are seeing in the US. I presume this is still based on protocols develop based on the original SARS, or that China is going full-authoritarian to simple prove to the world that their methods are "better", and to keep the population under strict controls so they are thankful when things are finally over instead of going after the CCP for creating the mess in the first place.

As for the airborne transmission - any statement signed by hundred's of UN or WHO "scientists" or "experts" is entirely suspect until the list of names and their qualifications are published (and still suspect afterwards, only a little less so). Will we find that most of the "scientists" were people with PhD's in something entirely unrelated to virology or medicine, just like all the "social scientists" that signed the IPCC "consensus"?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the GDC had their candidate in the White House, there would have been no shut down of the economy. The media would have downplayed the entire outbreak and spun it into a positive for their side. We went through this with Swine Flu when (thanks Para) the Krimson Kenyan was in office.
My friend...I've been saying that, HARPING on it since day 1 of this bullshit and was promptly shouted down by the panicers of this board. I went to Kroger today. Ask me if I wore a fucking mask...

Oh...and I have YET to get an answer to the question you're asking, which is, "Why wasn't the country shut down and the economy DESTROYED when 60,800,000 cases of Swine Flu ripped through this country like a Hitler blitzkrieg on Poland?" "We" won't get that answer...EVER.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
News said 341% increase in hospitalizations in Dallas area compared to 30 days ago.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

The solution to all these viruses...Nuke China from space. It's the only way to be sure.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
They happen to quantify how much of that 341% were patients getting procedures that had previously been cancelled? The media always seems to fail to do any real homework before reporting such numbers.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
If the GDC had their candidate in the White House, there would have been no shut down of the economy.

I keep reading similar opinions, but I have never seen an answer to my basic question:
How did the GDCs in this country cause the shutdowns in the rest of the world? As I recall, the Chinese even started their draconian measures before we did. I am willing to believe that the Democrats would do anything to advance their agendas, but are they that powerful?
I wouldn't even venture to speculate as to the motivations of the Chinese, beyond lying and using any means, at any human cost, to protect party interests. We'll probably never know the true epidemiological numbers from China, as everything they release is propaganda. Other countries, like Sweden and Denmark have instead chosen to not do lockdowns at all.

From an American perspective, the state and local shutdowns of economic activity were an unprecedented legal and cultural paradigm shift. And small businesses and sole proprietors are bearing the brunt of the losses. When all is said and done, many will not be able to recover from the losses being suffered.

The media hysterically promoted shutdowns, except for politically convenient BLM gatherings. But the shutdowns, especially here in FL, didn't result in any discernable protection of the vulnerable. The only thing that has happened is that the wider community spread of the virus was delayed by a few months. At what cost?

Outside of the media hype, new studies are emerging on the lethality of COVID-19 with domestic medical care and treatment. A .04 percent infection fatality rate for under 70 patients is not what the media has portrayed. June study into Covid Lethality

The end result has been that the GDC are taking full advantage of the crisis to try to impose their will on the American people. Make no mistake, if they win in November, COVID-19 will be the least of our worries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HKAngusKL,

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Biden Backer and Potential VP Pick Is Now Positive for Coronavirus

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...r-coronavir-n2571979

Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) on Monday announced she has tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus despite having no symptoms.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something else to think about:

In China many elderly people live with their children in small apartments (parents help raise the kids). Retirement is mandatory at 60 for men and 55 for women, and gov't pensions are like $250 a month. It's not like here where seniors live alone or live in assisted living places. I'm not sure about Italy, but but my great grandparents immigrated from Italy to NYC in the early 1900's and they lived in a multi generational house with my grandparents (and other family members) until they died.

So at least in China it is difficult to isolate older people and they are going to be in close contact with people who could be carriers without being significantly sick.

Here, we can isolate seniors for their safety, as long as the government doesn't force nursing homes to take back COVID patients that aren't sick enough to need hospitalization as Cuomo disastrously did in NY.

The entire world looked at what the CCP did in Wuhan and how it supposedly "worked" with reported infections dropping to nothing, so the far left GDC's in every country pushed to do as China did. Of course, we know their numbers can't be trusted in the least and we really have no idea what is actually happening there.

Nothing like heavy handed single party totalitarian control to "get things done", which is EXACTLY what they want here.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I have an earnest question re: masks, so please leave the "it's bullshit" out of it, since I've already come to that conclusion. That's not what this question is:

What is the actual rationale being provided by the "masks now" crowd (Fauci, the media, et al.)? Like the actual scientific rationale.

We know that most masks, let alone "face coverings" are categorically incapable of stopping the virus from getting to you because they're too porous--to say nothing of the absolute lack of PPE best practices followed by just about everyone you see with one on.

So if it's undeniable that the masks are ineffective for the purpose, what reason is actually being given for us to wear masks?

Again, please don't give some BS answer. I don't have time to listen to hundreds of hours of press conferences, etc. They have to be giving some rationale to support a practice that is contrary to the device's function. What is it?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
To reduce the probability of you spreading it if you've got it. No bullshit.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post