SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
We put a man on the moon but I cannot go to Europe. Our response to COVID is an embarrassment.

Would you please explain?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Officials in New York are threatening fines and said subpoenas are being issued to a group of partygoers to compel them to speak with health officials about a gathering that could be responsible for a cluster of coronavirus infections.

The party occurred in mid-June, according to media reports, in Clarkstown, N.Y., just north of New York City, where as many as 100 people were exposed to the outbreak.

The host held the party despite exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, county Health Commissioner Patricia Ruppert said at a Wednesday news conference. At least eight people have been infected and have refused to talk with county investigators.

“My staff has been told that a person does not wish to or have to speak to my disease investigators,” she said. “They hang up. They deny being at the party, even though we have found their names from another party attending or a parent provides us with the information. Many do not answer their cell phones and do not call back.”

“This must stop,” Ruppert added. “Unfortunately, I am now forced by these circumstances to send subpoenas to the individuals who are required to cooperate with us. Failure to comply will be costly — $2,000 per day.”

Rockland County Executive Ed Day said it's "a matter of information" and that "no one is in trouble." He also warned the county is taking the issue seriously.

“I don’t care who you are, who you know, how much money you make, where you live, or anything along those lines,” he said. “If you get in the way of a health department investigation, I will take and we will take every step necessary to ensure that we respond appropriately, and we’re taking a serious response.”

He added that he will not have the "health of our county compromised because of ignorance, stupidity, obstinance, or anything else for that matter."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ny-...k-to-contact-tracers

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Officials in New York are threatening fines and said subpoenas are being issued to a group of partygoers to compel them to speak with health officials about a gathering that could be responsible for a cluster of coronavirus infections.
"compel them to speak"

This is why I say that New York State is no longer part of the United States. These fools behave as if they've never even heard of the Constitution.

There's this obscure part of that outdated old piece of parchment known as the FIFTH AMENDMENT. Mad

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You funny man. You go to gulag last.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Well.... St. Louis County is joining the crazy:

Face masks to be required in St. Louis and St. Louis County

The order, which goes into effect at 7 a.m. Friday, applies to everybody over the age of 9, although some exceptions will be allowed.

ST. LOUIS — Residents of St. Louis and St. Louis County will be required to wear face coverings in public beginning at 7 a.m. Friday.

The city and county said Wednesday they are issuing public health orders that will require all individuals over the age of 9 to wear a face mask when inside businesses and other public accommodations, and outside when social distancing is not possible.

The new orders — the county’s was issued Wednesday afternoon, the city’s was still with the city counselor’s office — provide limited exceptions for “certain circumstances and health conditions.” People who have trouble breathing, are hearing-impaired, exercising or playing sports are among those not subject to the requirement, according to the county order.

Failure to comply could result in health officials asking the courts to step in and order businesses to enforce the mask requirement among customers.

“I think a lot of the enforcement will be done by the public, frankly. We don’t have the ‘mask police’ there,” Mayor Lyda Krewson said during an online press conference Wednesday.

“I think that peer pressure will come to bear on this.”

The city and county orders come amid signs of an uptick of cases of COVID-19 in Missouri, and two days after Jackson County required people to wear face masks in public amid the coronavirus pandemic, following similar orders from others in the Kansas City metro area. Kansas City’s face mask requirement went into effect on Monday; Jackson County’s on Wednesday.

https://www.stltoday.com/lifes...ource=home-top-story

I wonder if “mandatory” means that wearing face mask will be enforced as much as the laws against looting, arson, assault, destroying monuments, vandalism, blocking traffic and murder are enforced? And if so it means that no one will show up to enforce wearing face mask.

For the record... I have trouble breathing with a mask and will not comply.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I think most reasonable people believe the virus came out of a chinese lab. I'm not sure many believe that it was bio-engineered though.

There was an article posted several hundred pages ago that noted the S protein (that red triangle in the images spread about) is not naturally occurring. Given that is the protein that binds to human cells it's highly suspect as engineered.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I think a lot of the enforcement will be done by the public, frankly. We don’t have the ‘mask police’ there,” Mayor Lyda Krewson said during an online press conference Wednesday.

“I think that peer pressure will come to bear on this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Really? I guess there are a lot of Karens in Saint Louis.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Really? I guess there are a lot of Karens in Saint Louis.

Yeah... and an equal number of freedom loving people. It won't be pretty.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
With a little luck it might vary by neighborhood so you know where you can go and be left in peace.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

“I think that peer pressure will come to bear on this.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, I guess Lyda did not take Intro Psychology. Peer pressure peaks around 9th grade, and declines after that.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Those people should tell them they were at a protest and did a lot of coughing while there. Big Grin

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Those people should tell them they were at a protest and did a lot of coughing while there. Big Grin

Nick Saban. That's first on list of possible contacts for me and dozens of my friends.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12394 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I think most reasonable people believe the virus came out of a chinese lab. I'm not sure many believe that it was bio-engineered though.

I have read multiple reports that is the truth. They were bio-engineering the thing in this lab, testing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nstitute_of_Virology

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I seriously would have no problem believing that that is true. I just haven't heard any serious discussions about it yet. Will we ever know for sure? I hope so. The Chicoms are a dangerous, evil regime.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30400 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
since Day 1 of this clusterfuck I've been convinced that this was an engineered virus and that it was deliberately released by the Chinese military to do just what it did

too much evidence points to anything but deliberate

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see some of this evidence. I've read the entire thread and the links posted and don't recall anything that convinced me that the virus was engineered any more than the Spanish Flu was.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Agreed. IIRC, it was discussed early on if this was engineered and someone mentioned that engineered viruses, in this case, would leave obvious markers. These markers haven't been found. I think we'd know it if they were.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just did some quick math here...

the media has been breathless in Arizona being the new hotbed of the Wu Flu and out cases are a staggering 84,092...I mean wow...thats a huge number and we should be ashamed

worse yet a whopping 1720 have died because of it, and thats unacceptable

the current population of Arizona is 7,286,000 so if 84,092 have been 'confirmed' and I use the term loosely because I think they're using the wrong term here then this means that 0.001166% of the population has the crud

and I think the death rate is less than 1% - perhaps someone can check my math - 1720/84092....

so we shut down the entire state, have destroyed businesses, trashed the economy and are now forcing everyone to wear masks, stay six feet apart....really

but more importantly, if we're supposed to stay 6' apart social distancing and that was determined scientifically to be the 'right distance' then why are the masks necessary?

conversely, if the masks are so good as to be effective, then why do we have to social distance, stay at home...

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the current population of Arizona is 7,286,000 so if 84,092 have been 'confirmed' and I use the term loosely because I think they're using the wrong term here then this means that 0.001166% of the population has the crud

You've messed up your math there... 84,092 out of 7,286,000 is 1.15%.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

correct

and the death rate is 2%

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post