SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Michigan just got 2 more weeks added to our sentence. Memorial Day is now wrecked state wide.

How are the grocery stores stocked? My parents will be going up at the end of the month. My wife and 2 of our kids will be flying up June 4 while my eldest and I will be driving up the same day. We'll be going to our houses (parents' and ours on 20 acres) on Lake Huron between Rogers City and Cheboygan.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Michigan just got 2 more weeks added to our sentence. Memorial Day is now wrecked state wide.

How are the grocery stores stocked? My parents will be going up at the end of the month. My wife and 2 of our kids will be flying up June 4 while my eldest and I will be driving up the same day. We'll be going to our houses (parents' and ours on 20 acres) on Lake Huron between Rogers City and Cheboygan.

Bring your own meat, canned goods, bread, most frozen products, toilet paper and paper towels. Other than that... Fine.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
People are getting a bit hateful here in Possum Fart, VA. Hope Gov Coonman lifts restrictions soon. We can’t get any new hires because most people make more money sitting at home and corporate would rather go under than raise wages enough to encourage more applications. One guy that did apply failed his drug test. Mad

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
A little light but true humor:

Explaining the Pandemic to my Past Self

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll have to bring the 5th wheel up then.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF????

When did the bitch do this, today?

So, what's the new date now?

We're imprisoned until mid-June?

Shit.

What about offices opening back up on the 15th of this month?

Going effing stir crazy.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
Coronavirus survivors banned from joining the military

Update from the Military Times:
Only people who were hospitalized with the disease are now being barred.

As I suspected, though, it appears that uncertainties about long-term effects are driving the issue. From the article:

“With so little research available on the long-term implications of a COVID-19 infection, MEPCOM is erring on the side of caution. Preliminary studies have found significant lung damage in COVID-19 patients, which could affect fitness for combat in a service member. There are also questions as to whether the antibodies provide any protection against re-infection, or if one bout with coronavirus could make a person more susceptible to another.”

LINK

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I guess I'll have to bring the 5th wheel up then.

She just closed all state parks until late June. Apparently people were caught last weekend enjoying the 70+ weather. Punishment delivered.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Here is the detailed plan to reopen Michigan. All businesses can reopen in Phase 6.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...ly-reopen-the-state/

Phase 6
Reaching this phase would mean that community spread is not expected to return because of sufficient community immunity and availability of treatment.

As a result, the number of infected individuals falls to nearly zero, and the community does not typically experience this strain of the virus returning.

All areas of the economy reopen in this phase, and gatherings of all sizes can resume.

Yes you read that right... There has to be zero cases and no chance of return before everything can open. For all practical purposes, maybe 2021 to never.

343 - Never Forget

posted Hide Post
For those of us imprisoned by the evil queen of MI and who might be wondering about her executive orders:
Its now 60+ in 57 days.
Rather than the filing of a lawsuit, the legislature should be mobilizing an aggressive statewide signature drive to remove her from office.
I would be happy to wear a mask to sign that!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
What is the option for IMPEACHMENT of the Michigan Governor?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Update from the Military Times:

Thanks for posting the update.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The thing about the military not accepting people who've been hospitalized by the virus is not true. The said policy memo is a draft that got leaked. Per Chariman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - Gen. Mark Milley. Link

Further, even if it was true, the number of enlistment-age people hospitalized by the virus and who don't have some other underlying and disqualifying condition has to be an extremely small number.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Yeah another non story by someone pushing an agenda. The military excludes people from enlistment all the time for all sorts of conditions.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is the detailed plan to reopen Michigan. All businesses can reopen in Phase 6.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...ly-reopen-the-state/

Phase 6
Reaching this phase would mean that community spread is not expected to return because of sufficient community immunity and availability of treatment.

As a result, the number of infected individuals falls to nearly zero, and the community does not typically experience this strain of the virus returning.

All areas of the economy reopen in this phase, and gatherings of all sizes can resume.

Yes you read that right... There has to be zero cases and no chance of return before everything can open. For all practical purposes, maybe 2021 to never.

Holy shit, she’s gone full Pritzker. Sorry man.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Life is as good as can be expected in s Indiana. Plenty of meat in Kroger today and prices were same as usual. About 2/3rds wore masks but I got no evil eye because I didn't. Indiana has gop house, senate and governor and our local mayor is gop along with a majority of city council. I am disappointed in Menards. They are forcing customers to wear masks if you want to shop. I needed to shop there a couple days ago so I paid a buck and bought one of their disposable masks but today I needed something from a hardware store so I called Menards and asked if their silly mask rule was still in effect. It is and it's a corporate decision. I said fine, Rural King is closer anyway.

Since March there have been large gatherings in our riverfront parks on pretty days. No one complains or tries to be a Fauci fascist.

Louisville is in plain sight and they are having a hell of a time worrying about we reckless hoosiers but then they have a snowflake governor and Louisville's ultra liberal mayor both spend their time thinking up ways to control their minions and keep them from enjoying freedom that's just across the river.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You know it’s serious when it’s in response to a WTFBBQ group. They never get told no on anything these days.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
She just closed all state parks until late June. Apparently people were caught last weekend enjoying the 70+ weather. Punishment delivered.

Won't be a problem as we won't be camping in Michigan. Public and private campgrounds are closed in Ohio as well. We can stop at a Wal-Mart in Ohio if we have to, but the plan is to get through Ohio to Ann Arbor where my wife and two younger kids will be. The 5th wheel has an 18cuft fridge so I can bring quite a lot of food up. I wanted to leave it home, since Cedar Point isn't happening for us this year. On the other hand, I wasn't sure how to carry 4 kayaks, 5 bicycles, and all the rest of our stuff for the summer in the truck alone. Plus, we have guests coming up this summer and our house is only 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, so the extra space would be good.

I wonder how closing the state parks affects the boat ramps in the state parks? I also have to wonder how it affects the ATV trails in the Black Mountain Recreation Area?

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

3 hours before PA’s stay at home lockdown order was set to expire, Emperor Tom Wolf extended it until JUNE 4TH.

My pregnant wife is spitting nails angry and may actually go get in her car, drive to Harrisburg, track this assclown down and beat the living shit out of him herself. Eek

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post