SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The CDC is not necessarily a credible source of information. It's a political mouthpiece.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
people are dying anyway.

so the question is how many people would have died from what is normally called 'natural causes' and how many people have dies exclusively because they caught the virus.

its like being treated for caner and having a suppressed immune system and then catching a flu bug - you died of cancer, not of the flu

we're being hosed and lied to because no one is telling us the real facts and underlying conditions.

just one more reason to NOT trust the government, the media, politicians in general...

the CDC is NOT our friend here - they are encouraging the falsification of data

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, all this 'lather myself up in the Rona' Virus drama' is for sheep.

I don't doubt that the virus exists, but beyond that it is all political axes to grind against the administration and population. The numbers are bullshit.

The leftists have found a hot button in their attempt to control the population and that is FEAR and the desire for SAFETY above all other considerations. Just look at the states divide on how they deal with it.

Republican? Typically measured and proportionate action.

Leftists? Draconian and a 'one size fits all' punishment mentality.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Good point. It would be interesting to know if there have been any unexplainable drops in death rates recorded as attributable to other causes.

If you were to look at the links maladat posted on the previous page, the opposite seems to be occurring. There's a unexplained (as in above and beyond reported COVID-19 deaths) spike in deaths worldwide over what would be expected based on past data for tbe month of April.

I just need to clear the record here because the All Cause Death numbers are indeed way down this year. But you won't find that truth if you are relying on Google or the lying media for your sources. Google for instance is hiding or burying any results that don't fit the Accepted Narrative.

And that cdc link goes on about again using models to get their numbers, so excuse if I don't have much faith in what they're force feeding us.

Good luck getting these links to pop up on Google unless you are very specific. Instead it's article after article stoking more fear, half-truths, and straight up lies.

https://wmbriggs.com/post/30606/

https://wmbriggs.com/post/30633/

As para said, "You cannot believe what they are telling you, and if they happen to accidentally tell you the truth, you shouldn't believe it anyway, based on the number of times we've been lied to."

100% correct. All news is fake; some of it is true, but it is all fake.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"We all gotta die sometime." Sgt Barnes.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Just one question.

If CHP Assistant Chief Ehlers believed the propaganda he was spewing, why did he have his Police standing shoulder to shoulder without masks?

Here are a few CHP officers breathing in a citizen’s face.
Her crime, standing still, she simply stood her ground, and did not resist arrest.
All Law Enforcement should be required to wear their mask when in contact with the public.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
As para said, "You cannot believe what they are telling you, and if they happen to accidentally tell you the truth, you shouldn't believe it anyway, based on the number of times we've been lied to."

100% correct. All news is fake; some of it is true, but it is all fake.

“Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus” is a Latin phrase meaning "false in one thing, false in everything." At common law, it is the legal principle that a witness who testifies falsely about one matter is not credible to testify about any matter.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
But...this was quoted from the New York Times, so it’s totally legit.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The sarcasm is strong in this one.

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I posted that article from a few pages back by a local physician to my Facebook page. Within an hour it was removed, and not by me.

Google, Facebook, Youtube are all deleting anything that doesn't fit the leftists agenda.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Anything that contradicts the thought police is 'misinfomation'.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I posted that article from a few pages back by a local physician to my Facebook page. Within an hour it was removed, and not by me.

Google, Facebook, Youtube are all deleting anything that doesn't fit the leftists agenda.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would use Fuckbook. Time & again they've proven to be the Enemy.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because people use it to stay in touch with relatives who live away from them. They are aware of Facebook's manipulation and bias but ignore it in order to stay in touch with others. That's just the way it is. Many conservatives use Facebook.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I’ve lived in California for 25 years. Seen a lot of protests. This is the first one I’ve seen by conservatives.

The comments in social media are telling. They don’t just hate Trump. They hate me and anyone who thinks like me.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Well this shit has gotten personal. My grandmother was admitted with some really weird symptoms. Test has come back finally. She is positive for COVID.

The (pardon my french) fucking fact that I cannot be with her right now, or visit at all is completely heartbreaking. She is the reason I became a nurse and was one herself for many years.

Hey COVID Fuck you. And, while we are at it fuck all the ridiculous rules surrounding you made by complete fucking idiots.

That is all. Reinserting filter now.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Because people use it to stay in touch with relatives who live away from them. They are aware of Facebook's manipuation and bias but ignore it in order to stay in touch with others. That's just the way it is. Many conservatives use Facebook.

Yep, my wife and I live in Oregon. All four of our kids, my parents, my wife's parents, and all of our siblings all live in Utah.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Well this shit has gotten personal. .

Tara, prayers for your grandmother and for you to get to see her as soon as possible.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I’ve lived in California for 25 years. Seen a lot of protests. This is the first one I’ve seen by conservatives.

The comments in social media are telling. They don’t just hate Trump. They hate me and anyone who thinks like me.

Yep. Mrs. has seen a bunch of hateful FB posts by "friends" spewing vitriol at anyone who isn't as leftist as they are...

If FB weren't a part of her business efforts I bet her friend list would be as short as mine is.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your grandmother 226RN and for you as well!

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Just one question.

If CHP Assistant Chief Ehlers believed the propaganda he was spewing, why did he have his Police standing shoulder to shoulder without masks?

Here are a few CHP officers breathing in a citizen’s face.
Her crime, standing still, she simply stood her ground, and did not resist arrest.
All Law Enforcement should be required to wear their mask when in contact with the public.

That's infuriating, frankly. Where in the fuck are their masks and distances, eh? Mental midgets.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wait!...

What?!?

CDC link

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post