SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
If you couldn't build antibodies nobody could ever recover from the infection.

So you’re telling me that people who have recovered from it can go about their daily business and don’t need to be in quarantine?
Yes, after a two week of no symptoms safety quarantine. We have workers at our hospital that tested positive and had symptoms return to work this week.

So they’re now immune? They can go lick door knobs in the corona unit? Honest question.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...teering-at-hospital/

Rand Paul is volunteering at his local hospital now that he is over it.

They also are requesting folks that have recovered donate their plasma so they can work on treatments.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
a significant issue

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...problematic-n2566543

Dr Birx:

"The intent is right now if someone dies with COVID-19, we're counting that as a COVID-19 death," "There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition and let's say the virus caused you to go the ICU and then have a heart or kidney problem. Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

difficult problem

maybe a better approach is that a doctor has to make a call on each case:

primarily due to Covid 19 or

primarily due to xyz but Covid 19 present

Then Covid 19 deaths are only counted when the China virus was the primary cause.

Given many of the people dying are older and have general health problems this might be a better approach

I figured this out some weeks ago. Didn't need Birx or anyone else to tell me this was going on. All you had to do was read reports and listen to how media reported deaths. Everything had language that contained "linked to" or complications from" so you know they most likely had some serious pre existing condition. This is how they lie to you by leaving other facts out.

How about we let a medical examiner determine the cause of the death seeing as how that is their specialty.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
as Grump posted above, IHME has updated their numbers

For NY predicted deaths 9,365 to 21,826
w mean 13,307

Total U.S. deaths 31,217 to 126,064
w mean 60,415

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
How about we let a medical examiner determine the cause of the death seeing as how that is their specialty.

THIS....Exactly!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, even then the answer may be "multiple causes" or something "aggravated by" the Kung Flu. Data gathering is a notoriously sloppy buisness, particularly when dealing with the unfamiliar.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Eh, even then the answer may be "multiple causes" or something "aggravated by" the Kung Flu. Data gathering is a notoriously sloppy buisness, particularly when dealing with the unfamiliar.

I wouldn't call labeling everyone who dies as dying from the Corona virus "data gathering" at all. It's like ballot harvesting only using real people instead of ballots.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Sooner rather later."

Tomorrow!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

THIS....Exactly!

We don't have enough people to preform autopsies for them all. I'm also not sure if it's been discussed if the dead bodies can spread infection.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.usatoday.com/story...llnesses/2960151001/

The majority of New York’s more than 4,700 deaths due to coronavirus were among men, and 86% of all deaths were among people who had underlying illnesses, such as hypertension and diabetes, new state data shows.

The statistics released late Monday offered the latest glimpse into how the rapidly spreading virus has impacted New York and made it the epicenter for COVID-19 in the nation.

Of the 4,758 deaths in New York since the first on March 14, 61% were men and 39% were women, the state Department of Health reportedon its new data portal.

In addition, 63% of the deaths were among those age 70 and older, while 7% of the cases were those 49 and younger.

And 4,089 of those who died had at least one other chronic disease, the records showed:

The leading underlying illness was hypertension, which showed up in 55% of the deaths.

Next was diabetes, which was diagnosed in 1,755 deaths, or about 37% of the cases.

Other top illnesses found in those who died from coronavirus were hyperlipidemia; coronary artery disease; renal disease and dementia.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hypertension - high blood pressure

hyperlipidemia - abnormally high levels of fats (lipids) in the blood. The two major types of lipids found in the blood are triglycerides and cholesterol.

renal disease - kidney disease

Since all of these are correlated with age, I'm not sure how significant this is.

*** BREAKING NEWS ***
Gray hair, baldness, wrinkles and a need for reading glasses identified as risk factors for Wuhan Bat Soup Virus.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I appreciate Trump's enthusiasm. And I agree, it must be open sooner rather than later. Come May 1st, the gears 100% have to start turning towards economic motion again.

But it will not boom before his re-election. Not a chance in hell. Too much damage has been done and getting this economy moving again will be a HUGE effort and take lots of time.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So if an asymptomatic person is in a car crash, decapitated and shot in the head that is scored as a Wuhan kill?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
So if an asymptomatic person is in a car crash, decapitated and shot in the head that is scored as a Wuhan kill?

That does appear to be the metrics they are using, yes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
car crash, decapitated and shot in the head

These will be marked as underlying illnesses.
It is the Wuhan-rona that did 'em in.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
More reported cases equal more relief funding. Gee, I don't know why anyone would ever fudge the numbers to make it look worse than it is. Confused

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
And the IHME Model is now (8 April) down to 60,415 deaths by Aug 4th, it was 81,766 on April 6.

Peak Resource Usage and Peak Death days all pulled in significantly.

A 20% drop!

Only in the Public sector would such grossly inaccurate estimations be acceptable. I understand new data is coming to light - but they should just then put a huge * next to the numbers and below say "* We Don't Know Much and are making it up as we go"

The estimations made by a model are based on conditions and trends at the time it is made. They are going to change over time.

The unfortunate thing is that people will fall into two camps: those that believe the model was that far off and that's all there is to it and those that believe that all of the distancing and isolation is the sole reason for the change in numbers. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
The unfortunate thing is that people will fall into two camps: those that believe the model was that far off and that's all there is to it and those that believe that all of the distancing and isolation is the sole reason for the change in numbers. The truth is probably somewhere in between.
When you base your actions on statistics, everyone's a winner!! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

That is pretty silly. Why would they waste a test on a dead person? Especially one who cause of death was apparent?

What they are not doing is trying to determine someone who was infected and under treatment for COVID19 and had a heart attack if the heart attack was caused by COVID or if they would have had a heart attack absent CV19.

Either way it would be impossible to tell that. Best they could do was say heart attack with contributing factor of Wu Flu.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Guess what CNN is accusing President Trump of now ?

CNN’s Maggie Haberman:

I do think, John, just based on other reporting we have, that [Trump’s] interest in [hydroxychloroquine] is primarily about the fact that it has been suggested to him by people who he knows, including Larry Ellison at Oracle, Dr. Oz on television suggested this, and the president has gotten more interested in what TV doctors have to say than some of the people in his own administration.

But mostly, John, I think he’s looking for a quick fix out of this . And I really do believe that that is his main focus. I have no way of knowing if that’s the only one. But I do think that’s the main one.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I appreciate Trump's enthusiasm. And I agree, it must be open sooner rather than later. Come May 1st, the gears 100% have to start turning towards economic motion again.

But it will not boom before his re-election. Not a chance in hell. Too much damage has been done and getting this economy moving again will be a HUGE effort and take lots of time.

I see the possibility of a boom before the 2020 election, given the huge federal spending programs recently enacted.

But those, and much lower tax revenues, portend major inflation at some point in the future. Just a question of when, not if.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post