SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have done a lot of business with the VA Healthcare System on behalf of 3 different international companies. Any products in their catalogue manufactured in China are not eligible to be on the VA contract per the TAA. Maybe these politicos you mentioned aren't aware?

What about the components? American made cars come to mind.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Hopefully we, as Americans at least, will get into the habit of looking for products made elsewhere. And with the help of President Trump to expedite a huge manufacturing growth in this country, it would (will) be easier.

Already doing my part.

Just bought a $1,000 American Made Power Rack (squat rack).

Where did you find that? Rogue is out of just about everything. I already have a rack but I was looking to buy another barbell and possibly some rack accessories. They don't have shit!

I did find a curl bar made in America by a company called "Iron Company." Never heard of them but I think they sell to a lot of gyms (Iron Grip plates?) It will be here next week.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I think when you add up all the state-by-state fatalities we will be around 160% of the National number...... Roll Eyes
Please stop. This is what I've been taking issue with throughout this thread. At this point, no one knows or can accurately project what the death toll for a particular state will be, let alone the country as a whole. And I for one don't care what the final fatality rate is as it specifically relates to a response to China. If 10 Americans or a 1,000 died as a result of this virus, my approach to China would be the same. 100% pure economic warfare with the intend of destroying their economy and returning them to where they belong on the global economic spectrum.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
What is going on? Loads of Youtube video's showing hospitals in big urban areas being empty, I just don't know what to believe.

My cousin says they are showing video's from Italy to depict NYC, WTF????

I'm not a chicken little kind of guy, but all this has me spooked :shrugs:

The last 2 weeks hospitals in LA County have been pretty quiet as well, but this week we started to swing back to normal patient levels. Most doctors think by the end of the month every hospital bed in the County will be occupied.
And other than their 'gut belief' they have nothing accurate or tangible to base that on other than the wild projections coming from every direction, some of which are already being disproved in New York.

Unquestionably the media is hyping the hell out of this virus and its impacts, because they have no ethics, morals, or credibility at this point. Pull your news and update off the web (i.e. here), compare, and determine where we actually are with this. IN the meantime, turn off the TV.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I get wanting to win the argument but your position is that the US government is going to pass legislation requiring companies to continue to source from China? You can't be serious.
Would politicos be that forthright and blunt in legislation? Of course not. Would liberals in an effort to thwart the open and rampant racism of Americans against China pass global legislation forbidding American companies from discriminating against 'any' countries/peoples in the world? You bet they would. For Christ's sake, it was only a few pages ago that liberal excrement in the House of Reps was trying to amend the $2 trillion bailout bill to include illegals in the payout. These people hate this country and will align themselves with any country on the planet that will 1) support them financially, 2) support their agenda, and 3) keep them in power. China is first place in the line to support all three of those positions. And I never addressed government spending, other than to assert the US government should actively begin an economic warfare campaign against the Chinese regime. Part of that would of course mean bringing certain industries back to the US.
quote:
Maybe these politicos you mentioned aren't aware?
Aware is not the operative question. Whether they care if that restriction exists and if it should exist at all is far more relevant. The politicos I referred to are people who don't give a damn about the VA, you, me, or ultimately, this country as a whole. They care about their personal bank account, power and control, and Chinese money accomplishes each of those goals. As such they will continue to align themselves with the CCP and protect that relationship, whether openly or covertly, no matter what comes after all of this blows over.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Not to drift but we drove around Indian Lake (Ohio) this evening. Dealers down there were anticipating a great year. Two of the larger marinas had new pontoons stacked up like cord wood. I feel for those guys.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I have done a lot of business with the VA Healthcare System on behalf of 3 different international companies. Any products in their catalogue manufactured in China are not eligible to be on the VA contract per the TAA. Maybe these politicos you mentioned aren't aware?

What about the components? American made cars come to mind.

There is a "substantial transformation" clause in the TAA. You can have parts from banned countries, of which China is one, but any products with these parts must undergo "substantial transformation" in an approved country.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
In Alamance County NC we have 14 cases. My SIL is a nurse. Her hours have been reduced, till further notice. Because the hospital is EMPTY. All surgeries cancelled. The ER is empty.

She was offered $10K to go work in NYC. But she thinks that is a terrible idea. I agree with her. But to watch the news, you would think the hospitals are full of people dying with the virus.

I think I will follow jljones example and turn off the news. For a few weeks. They just aren't credible. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
I get wanting to win the argument but your position is that the US government is going to pass legislation requiring companies to continue to source from China? You can't be serious.
Would politicos be that forthright and blunt in legislation? Of course not. Would liberals in an effort to thwart the open and rampant racism of Americans against China pass global legislation forbidding American companies from discriminating against 'any' countries/peoples in the world? You bet they would. For Christ's sake, it was only a few pages ago that liberal excrement in the House of Reps was trying to amend the $2 trillion bailout bill to include illegals in the payout. These people hate this country and will align themselves with any country on the planet that will 1) support them financially, 2) support their agenda, and 3) keep them in power. China is first place in the line to support all three of those positions. And I never addressed government spending, other than to assert the US government should actively begin an economic warfare campaign against the Chinese regime. Part of that would of course mean bringing certain industries back to the US.
quote:
Maybe these politicos you mentioned aren't aware?
Aware is not the operative question. Whether they care if that restriction exists and if it should exist at all is far more relevant. The politicos I referred to are people who don't give a damn about the VA, you, me, or ultimately, this country as a whole. They care about their personal bank account, power and control, and Chinese money accomplishes each of those goals. As such they will continue to align themselves with the CCP and protect that relationship, whether openly or covertly, no matter what comes after all of this blows over.

You are way out on a limb brother. I brought up goverment spending as a direct contrast to your suggestions that the goverment is going to force private business to do what they forbid within their own agencies. A few of the usual Democrat suspects pandering to the most extreme leftist with payments to illegals, which ain't happening by the way, is now the basis for legislation to force private business to manufacture in China? Worldwide legislation dictating where private businesses make their products, good god dude get a grip.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
ninjas be trippin.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
A few of the usual Democrat suspects pandering to the most extreme leftist with payments to illegals, which ain't happening by the way, is now the basis for legislation to force private business to manufacture in China?
Stop it. You're far too intelligent to make such a ridiculous correlation. I used a simple example to prove 1) These people hate this country, and 2) They're blatant in their hatred of this country and love of everyone else (that has a deep bank account or vote they can buy).
quote:
Worldwide legislation dictating where private businesses make their products, good god dude get a grip.
Absolutely, because we all know Washington is 1) Trustworthy, 2) Has no issue whatsoever with rapant hypocrisy, and 3) Has an endearing love of country.

I've said it before and I'm not likely to change my belief anytime soon, a substantial portion of Washington DC coupled with a thoroughly corrupt and America hating media are not to be trusted on 'any' level and are far more dangerous to this country than any foreign terrorist organization.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
And other than their 'gut belief' they have nothing accurate or tangible to base that on other than the wild projections coming from every direction, some of which are already being disproved in New York.

Unquestionably the media is hyping the hell out of this virus and its impacts, because they have no ethics, morals, or credibility at this point. Pull your news and update off the web (i.e. here), compare, and determine where we actually are with this. IN the meantime, turn off the TV.

Do you seriously think that the media has planted fake nurses in NYC to lie and say their hospitals are overrun, people dying, and lack of PPE?

There is no way the media could get all those people to lie and say they are working 14 hour shifts without proper PPE and are running out of places to put the sick.

I get it, you hate the media, and you think they are overhypimg things, that doesn't change the fact we are bringing doezens of refrigerated trailers up there to store the dead or eyewitness accounts. I hate the media and don't trust them either. I don't even watch the news, you can find evidence of it elsewhere. A few posts above someone mentioned their nurse friend/relative being offered $10k to go up there and work.

As for the hospitals are empty crowd. They are empty because they have purposely been emptied to save PPE for COVID19 patients and critical car. Hell even my dentist is closed. If you live somewhere where there are no cases, but all elective stuff is postponed, of course they will be dead. That's their bread and butter, that is why they are cutting shifts.

I don't know if you are purposely ignoring stuff or you really can't put two and two together. The hospitals are only slammed where there are tons of cases, everywhere else they are ghost towns, either to save PPE or because people are afraid to go.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
In Alamance County NC we have 14 cases. My SIL is a nurse. Her hours have been reduced, till further notice. Because the hospital is EMPTY. All surgeries cancelled. The ER is empty.

She was offered $10K to go work in NYC. But she thinks that is a terrible idea. I agree with her. But to watch the news, you would think the hospitals are full of people dying with the virus.

I think I will follow jljones example and turn off the news. For a few weeks. They just aren't credible. Regards 18DAI

I stopped watching the news quite awhile back (national and now local since they are just as bad.) Channel 12 Winston seems to have been the worst but High Point and Greensboro are bad also. By the way.....miss Guilford County? Big Grin

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NY data from today

113,833 confirmed
3565 deaths
10,953 recovered
99,315 active

The number "recovered" is becoming significant.
It took 7 days for the "active" number to double. Back around 24 Mar, it doubled in 3 days. Looks like the exponential is slowing down.

If 15% of the cases identified need to be hospitalized , that would indicate NY state has about 15,000 China virus patients in the hospital.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Another "potential" piece of good news

https://www.breitbart.com/bord...urs-say-researchers/

Researchers in Australia report that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved drug commonly used to treat parasites, appears to be effective in treating the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19). The drug is widely available and can be “repurposed” for this application, doctors said.

The ScienceDirect journal, Antiviral Research, published an article by a group of Australian researchers from Monash University in Melbourne reporting that Ivermectin appears to be effective at inhibiting the coronavirus that causes COVID-19

“We report here that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved anti-parasitic previously shown to have broad-spectrum antiviral activity in vitro, is an inhibitor of the causative virus (SARS-CoV-2),” the researchers write. “Ivermectin, therefore, warrants further investigation for possible benefits in humans.”

“Ivermectin’s status as a drug that has already been studied and approved to treat other conditions offers a decided advantage over the development of new drugs, a long process that typically involves many years of studying safety and efficacy before being able to reach human patients,”

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ivermectin

I don't know what differences there might be, but Ivermectin is also what's in heartworm preventative for dogs.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ivermectin

I don't know what differences there might be, but Ivermectin is also what's in heartworm preventative for dogs.

A little humor here but I have the Shaggy dog driving to get his Ivermectin at Walgreens image.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
130 aklhfha'

48820 awdkdkafh

907989871232b aksidhfkifhseh!!!

5023592093492035209352069820983 OMG WE ALLL GONNA DY!!!!!

or not...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The hospitals around here are practically empty as well because they stopped doing all the elective stuff in order to prepare for COVID-19

My patient visits at my practice are down by roughly half because all the well checks are staying away. Hell a lot of the sick visits are staying away too. We had to essentially segregate our visits...well checks are in the morning, sick visits are in the afternoon. But people with ear infections don’t want to come if they could possibly be sitting next to a COVID-19 patient. And I can’t move the cases that might be benign to the morning because my well check patients sure as shit don’t want to be sitting next to a kid that looks sick and has a fever...”oh it’s just an ear infection...”. Right. Watch how fast they exit the building.

Last Easter I had emergency spine surgery. Right before Valentine’s Day this year that repair failed, one of my discs herniated, and another one slipped. I’m now experiencing partial paralysis in my right leg and a whole slew of other symptoms. I was supposed to have surgery the week of St Patrick’s day, but the hospital stopped doing “elective” procedures. I’m sure the surgical ward is empty.

They tentatively changed my surgical date to April 28. The temporary stop was supposed to end yesterday. As the COVID-19 continue to build here in northern Virginia though I highly doubt that they are hack to business as normal on Monday. I have to call my doctor to find out.

I also have to seriously consider if I want to be anywhere near a hospital on 4/28. Getting COVID-19 in the aftermath of open spinal surgery doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post