SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Mambo dogface to the banana patch.

Where's your handlers, Joe? Hiding again, are they?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good god that guy is comedy gold. Lord help us if he’s actually ever put in a real position of authority.

Go home Joe.....you’re drunk.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My math has 45 days total then. I never would've imagined we would get to that.

And Joe Biden...lord almighty, keep putting that man on the air; it's too good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If I'm interpreting the President's message correctly, we’re about to face a very difficult next few weeks and deaths are projected to skyrocket.

Is that a fair assessment?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
If I'm interpreting the President's message correctly, we’re about to face a very difficult next few weeks and deaths are projected to skyrocket.

That's what he said.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Mambo dogface to the banana patch.

Where's your handlers, Joe? Hiding again, are they?

Carlin Cool

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what POTUS believes, he has to go along with the projections. Because if he doesn't and it's as bad or worse, it's his fault.

If it's far better, he has the ammo to say "hey, I was right and lets get back to work".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Carlin Cool
Martin

I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Thanks, Doc H.

+2

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

He said it's going to be a very difficult 2 weeks (maybe 3) as we approach the peak. Things are going to be much worse before they get better.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16347 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Uh Oh, FREDO Cuomo has got THE VIRUS!!!!!

Muthafucker! I KNEW I should have been more specific with my prayers! Shit!

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Maybe Gabby Giffords should tell Joe it's 1 minute to Wapner time!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Recent data from the top ranked UW School of Medicine.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-viru...spite-161924116.html

Nope, no panic. Just analyzing the data. In fact, the Trump Admin is using this exact UW study, and quoted it in today's presser.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just try to imagine ol' Dementia Joe "leading" such press conferences. Disaster.

It’s the things dreams (nightmares) are made from!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Like this?

<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qH0xXwbPkgM" width="725"></iframe>

Good Lord.
Good Lord is right. He actually INTERRUPTED HIMSELF Big Grin

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Regardless of what POTUS believes, he has to go along with the projections. Because if he doesn't and it's as bad or worse, it's his fault.

If it's far better, he has the ammo to say "hey, I was right and lets get back to work".

Well, the media has essentially forced The President into a Catch-22 situation (Covid-22?). If he relaxed the restrictions according to his original timeline (which for the record I believe would be the right decision), then the media would just mercilessly hammer him on every single American death after that date. Just hammer him endlessly. However, by keeping these draconian measures in place, the economy continues to crater and has less and less of a chance of a robust recovery the longer we keep it going. Neither one of these scenarios is good for a president in an election year.

But President Trump always has a strategy, which is why now in every press conference, he is shoving these death numbers in the media's faces. Notice he repeats that million dead number now often. Those were the figures the media were originally throwing out there. Now instead of the media narrative of Trump causing tens of thousands of deaths, he's planting the idea that he's saved millions of American lives.

It's no wonder why the fake news wants to shut him up and not carry these daily briefings.

Having said all that...April 30th. We must have this country open by April 30th. We must. I pray the President gets us there and out of this damned scientific, dystopian dictatorship.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"a rough two weeks"

The data that was put up in the WH press brief today is from IHME Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation

The particular chart used was the prediction for "deaths by day" for all of the U.S. The dotted line is "best estimate". The colored area around the dotted line shows the min and max estimate for each day.

Much of that early rise at the first part of April will be from the NY City Metro area.

The peak is predicted for 15 Apr 2020 w an estimate of 2,214 coronavirus deaths on that day.

I put up a plot from IHME earlier that was for Virginia. Right now Virginia is expected to have the latest peak in the nation. The Virginia peak is expected about 17 May 2020.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, all of this is difficult to fathom. Perhaps it's the slow-motion nature of this unfolding catastrophe that makes all this seem so surreal.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, all of this is difficult to fathom. Perhaps it's the slow-motion nature of this unfolding catastrophe that makes all this seem so surreal.

That this is unfolding in seeming slow motion is, I believe, an artifact of our modern interconnected world.

We have access to information almost as it is being developed, which leads people to expect things like this to happen with rapidity.

The fact is this is a global phenomena dependent on the growth of viruses in infected organisms. That takes time. Even the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs didn't kill them dead all over the planet in an instant. IIRC estimates are it took 1-3 years.

I certainly hope we aren't seeing 3,500 dead per day in the US as shown on that chart. But I recognize it is a possibility.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
IHME provides both national predictions and state by state predictions.

http://www.healthdata.org/

here is a list for the predicted peak dates of highest resources needed (hospital beds, ventilators, etc)

Vermont: April 9
New York: April 9
New Jersey: April 9
Michigan: April 10
Connecticut: April 10
Louisiana: April 10
Idaho: April 12
Massachusetts: April 14
Iowa: April 15
Pennsylvania: April 15
Illinois: April 16
Oklahoma: April 17
Indiana: April 17
Colorado: April 17
Washington, DC: April 18
Rhode Island: April 19
Ohio: April 19
Delaware: April 20
Alabama: April 20
Arkansas: April 20
Nevada: April 20
Minnesota: April 21
Georgia: April 22
Mississippi: April 22
North Carolina: April 22
Arizona: April 24
South Carolina: April 24
Washington: April 24
Maine: April 25
Tennessee: April 26
California: April 26
Wisconsin: April 26
Utah: April 27
Kansas: April 28
New Hampshire: April 30
New Mexico: April 30
Alaska: April 30
Hawaii: April 30
Nebraska: April 30
Montana: April 30
West Virginia: May 1
North Dakota: May 1
South Dakota: May 1
Wyoming: May 1
Texas: May 2
Oregon: May 3
Florida: May 3
Missouri: May 11
Kentucky: May 12
Maryland: May 14
Virginia: May 17

Of course this is only a model and there is much unknown and "best estimates" are being used for a lot of the model parameters.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post