SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Joe Diffie, corona related.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...music-194317008.html

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Helpful hint: The mere fact that a reporter shouts a question at you in a deeply emotional tone does not mean that you are compelled to give that reporter an answer or even bother to acknowledge the question. That's why you hold your own press conferences rather than doing individual interviews or attending press conferences that someone else set up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
The serological testing is going to tell us a whole lot. But, that takes time. I follow a fellow who is going through the roof about the WHO and American officials telling Americans not to buy masks. If this thing can be transmitted through the air it seems to me a mask would work both ways. Keeping it in or out.

It's been stated earlier that the far more prevalent way to catch the virus is from contact....even brief contact through the hands and then hands to the face. Only prolonged sharing of a small space with a person who has the virus would result in contraction through the air.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

That being said: Fauci just said America certain to have over a million cases and over 100,000 deaths (a few hours ago) ...

I guess being an esteemed epidemiologist doesn't require basic math skills.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeptic:
My fun facts/numbers for everyone I talk to.
The U.S. is 4.5% of the world's population. Yes less than 5%.
In the 2017-2018 seasonal flu season, the flu killed 61000 just in the U.S.
I would not have known that if I had not looked it up. All I remember about that is everyone saying - "don't forget to get your flu shot".

At the current rate of growth of deaths per day, in 1-2 weeks we will exceed that number.... per day.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
6guns, please fix signature line. Remove underscores and replace with [H R] minus the space.

Gives

You

These

Which makes it easier for us using phones to read forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by skeptic:
My fun facts/numbers for everyone I talk to.
The U.S. is 4.5% of the world's population. Yes less than 5%.
In the 2017-2018 seasonal flu season, the flu killed 61000 just in the U.S.
I would not have known that if I had not looked it up. All I remember about that is everyone saying - "don't forget to get your flu shot".

At the current rate of growth of deaths per day, in 1-2 weeks we will exceed that number.... per day.

It's unlikely that we will keep up deaths more than doubling every two days for that long based on the rate of increase of cases.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
Here is Fauci;

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-grim-165014937.html

“I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 cases,” then corrected himself to indicate he meant deaths. “We’re going to have millions of cases.” He added, “I don’t want to be held to that,” calling the pandemic ”such a moving target.”

If you do not want to be held to that, then shut your damn mouth.

That quote proves he’s not helping the panic and he knows it. If you don’t know say you don’t know or something like, “numbers are hard to predict at this point”.

Trump should throw that man out on his ass.

Fauci needs to sit down and shut the hell up. He's just guessing and throwing out numbers and contributing to the hysteria.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Jesse, done. Thanks for letting me know.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The leftists' "expert", Fauci, should be benched indefinitely, for being so irresponsible with his garbage statement. He's predicting squat. Motherfucker just threw out wild numbers, and now, everywhere you look, the corrupt media has taken the ball and run with it. I'm just incensed with this shit. Mad

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The leftists' "expert", Fauci, should be benched indefinitely, for being so irresponsible with his garbage statement. He's predicting squat. Motherfucker just threw out wild numbers, and now, everywhere you look, the corrupt media has taken the ball and run with it. I'm just incensed with this shit. Mad

You just used so many of the exact same words I was thinking about Fauci. Unbelievably irresponsible. Junk in, junk out. We just saw how that previous computer model from England was grossly wrong due to incorrect input. Where's the peer reviewed model that Fauci is basing this ridiculous estimate? It's so frustrating how the liberal media laps this shit up.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Jesse, done. Thanks for letting me know.

No problem, glad you got it figured out.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:

What if he is right? If you don’t like the facts, then the problem isn’t with the facts. I guess we will know soon enough (2 - 4 weeks) if he is right or a leftist troll.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

What if he is right? If you don’t like the facts, then the problem isn’t with the facts. I guess we will know soon enough (2 - 4 weeks) if he is right or a leftist troll.

There is a difference between facts and guesstimates. This really shouldn’t need explaining.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3967 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
quote:

There is a difference between facts and guesstimates. This really shouldn’t need explaining.

How hard would it be to just say "I'm not going to make any estimates untill we have more information". Guessing based on either worst case or best case scenario isn't helpful for anyone.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Jesse, you're hired!

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
My thinking is that they've gone back and forth between being more optimistic and also throwing out some more pessimistic numbers because they are trying to manage how well people are adhering to the guidelines to help control the spread. Unfortunately some people won't stop or change their careless and selfish behavior unless you hit them between the eyes with doom and gloom. Then, you end up having to backpedal to moderate the panic level among the general population. It is definitely a delicate balancing act they are trying to accomplish. Mind you that I am not condoning Fauci's figures and comments but this is no doubt part of that balancing act. Some people won't even follow the simplest of sociatal laws and controls like traffic lights and even, say, no fishing signs (and have the gal to stand right next to it fishing for instance), so they won't follow social distancing or other guidelines and restrictions because they just don't care to unless they are forced to or face serious repercussions.

See how Trump mentioned that they may have to lock down New York because people were leaving and going to other places that were testing positive and then the CDC made it a travel advisory instead which is as close as you can get to issuing an executive order without having to do so because I'm sure discussion with Cuomo indicated they may have some serious panic fallout from it. People need to just follow guidelines and have some self control and faith that this too will pass.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Still less than 0.04% of the 300M people in the US are infected.

And of that 0.04%, less than 1% have died.

AND of that 1%, 0.0% had pre-existing conditions.

AND yet 99.99% of the population has been Negatively affected.
Life savings decimated.
Lost jobs.
Unable to pay bills due to lost income.
Unable to pay mortgage.
Unable to pay employees.
Unable to wipe butt.

Where are the photos of overrun hospitals.
All I see is Andrew Cuomo sitting in front of empty hospital beds and pallets of unused ventilators.
I am sure there are deaths and those with the China Virus, but it is nothing in comparison to the media hype and decimation of our economy.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fauci being right would mean a death rate of 10%. Even Italy wasn't that severe. Fauci wasn't close to right. He opened his mouth without thinking.

ETA: Media idiot just repeated the 100k deaths back to the President as if it is a factual projection.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
With all the negative, I am however grateful and blessed to be an American.

Other Countries are having big problems.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post