SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Noted...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the drink erj, we all deserve one, and a deep breath.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Cheers!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, let me see if I understand.

He’s being a flaming asshole because he is tired of the same half dozen people continuing to do the same things they have been doing for a month.......posting information that has been largely wrong, debunked and whatnot by the “experts”. Yet ANYTHING that is posted that goes against that “we’re all going to die” narrative, it gets shouted down and the a bunch of emotional “if it saves one life” pack mentality starts to be posted.

Let’s not even count the MASSIVE amount of hypocrisy of those who were in the Virginia thread clamoring about being pro-Constitution all the while in this thread they can’t move fast enough to hand their, and others, Rights over to the same people three weeks ago they claimed at the time to not trust.

I get it. Some of you guys are scared. For different reasons. But, it is an illogical fallacy that is dishonest to claim he’s being an asshole with others on the other side shouting him down for posting information that is no better or no worse than all of the “34 times more deadly” lies that have been spread by the media.

If that is the standard that we are using to decide who needs to take a break from this thread, there are several who claim constantly they are not panicking but are posting panicky tripe constantly that need to take a break.

If ERJ needs to take a break, then there are several that need to take a break. Fair is fair because several are coming across as assholes by that standard.

If we want to be fair about this, let’s be fair. And more than ERJ step back a while. A few need to stop with the constant “well my opinion is I don’t agree with those stats” opinions every time good news comes up. The constant PeeWee Herman stick is really old as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
He says you have to have sustained contact for 15-30 minutes... But he also says you get it from shaking someone's hand at a party, or "slapping hands" with someone who will get sick in two days, or by touching a random thing out in the world.

IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!!! It's quite easy to shake someones hand and wash afterwards. Easy Peasy. WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. See what Q and I posted about the "common sense" hygiene practices. That's exactly what this guy was saying.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Dude...you hystericals have been running this thread for two solid months. I, along with SEVERAL other level-headed individuals, have had enough of the fear-mongering.

"You hystericals..." Echos of "basket of deplorables." Wink

Nobody's been "running this thread." Members have been expressing their views and opinions is all, and right now you're the one coming across as, if not hysterical, then something close.

Relax. It's just people sharing views, opinions, and sometimes information or news. It's not like any of this will have the least impact on the progression of the disease, public reaction, or government policy.

quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!!!! It's quite easy to shake someones hand and wash afterwards. Easy Peasy. WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. See what Q and I posted about the "common sense" hygiene practices. That's exactly what this guy was saying.

Yes, let's YELL SOME MORE, because that REALLY MAKES YOUR POINT! Especially with LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

Must be cabin fever.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snMl0XcSzOU

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
ERJ isn’t an asshole, far from it. I’ve been cracking up every time he posts the Will Ferrell gif. I think ERJ is surprised and disappointed by how many people are losing their minds over the Chinese flu.

I can honestly tell you I am MUCH more concerned over getting murdered by some Millennial or Zoomer looking at their phone while driving and hitting me head-on with their car than than becoming ill from the Chinese Flu. That’s not to say that older people shouldn’t take precautions, but I think a lot of people watch or read too much news. It’s nonstop Chinese Flu right now. They’re making a mountain of money perpetuating fear.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of losing minds, what do they do to people who don't self-quarantine in India? Hit them with a stick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snMl0XcSzOU

Can't make this up.

And EJR flies planes built in Brazil with engines made in Indiana by the UAW under management by a mix of better-than-you-are Brits and old-school-GM. He risks death far more often then anyone else here. Big Grin

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I guess it's better if this madness leads to squabbling on a forum if that provides some relief to keep it out of the household. We will all get through this.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

He’s being a flaming asshole because he is tired of the same half dozen people continuing to do the same things they have been doing for a month.......posting information that has been largely wrong, debunked and whatnot by the “experts”. Yet ANYTHING that is posted that goes against that “we’re all going to die” narrative, it gets shouted down and the a bunch of emotional “if it saves one life” pack mentality starts to be posted.

Indeed.

And a +1 to erj.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let’s not even count the MASSIVE amount of hypocrisy of those who were in the Virginia thread clamoring about being pro-Constitution all the while in this thread they can’t move fast enough to hand their, and others, Rights over to the same people three weeks ago they claimed at the time to not trust.

I get it. Some of you guys are scared. For different reasons. But, it is an illogical fallacy that is dishonest to claim he’s being an asshole with others on the other side shouting him down for posting information that is no better or no worse than all of the “34 times more deadly” lies that have been spread by the media.

If that is the standard that we are using to decide who needs to take a break from this thread, there are several who claim constantly they are not panicking but are posting panicky tripe constantly that need to take a break.

If ERJ needs to take a break, then there are several that need to take a break. Fair is fair because several are coming across as assholes by that standard.

If we want to be fair about this, let’s be fair. And more than ERJ step back a while. A few need to stop with the constant “well my opinion is I don’t agree with those stats” opinions every time good news comes up. The constant PeeWee Herman stick is really old as well.

My post to erj was specific to his last several post and their increasing tone of anger. Shouting down would be calling people irrational, labeling them "hystericals", fear mongers, etc...

If you, or he, don't agree with the points in someone's post is it necessary to label them as panicked, or part of the chicken little gang, etc? It seems the battle lines have been drawn in this thread but for the most part it's guys in the erj_pilot, jljones, and PowerSurge camp of "this is overblown flu" that can't seem to make a point without character assassination or shaming.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:

My post to erj was specific to his last several post and their increasing tone of anger. Shouting down would be calling people irrational, labeling them "hystericals", fear mongers, etc...

If you, or he, don't agree with the points in someone's post is it necessary to label them as panicked, or part of the chicken little gang, etc? It seems the battle lines have been drawn in this thread but for the most part it's guys in the erj_pilot, jljones, and PowerSurge camp of "this is overblown flu" that can't seem to make a point without character assassination or shaming.

Well, gee I posted that if that’s the standard we’re using to determine that someone needs to step away and it applies to way more than ERJ, hurt feelings is what you’re concerned with?

Fair is fair. Stop with all the butt hurt for just a minute and stop trying to make the other side somehow more liable.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is ridiculous. On both sides, take a step back and look at what is occurring people are at each other that for 90% of the time before this event were on the same side of things mostly . Guess who’s the winner of these spats, not all of us that are usually on the relative same page. Libs and Fake news get us at each other’s throats.

Deep breath folks this too will pass.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Entropy was the wisest pilot here?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

Uh huh. He’s definitely the asshole. Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
To avoid a bunch of nested replies, I will simply reply in a new post.

I am not concerned at all with "hurt feelings". Just suggesting that when it becomes impossible to argue among friends without personal attacks it may be time to step back. People on both sides of the argument here have reached well beyond reason trying desperately to be "right", not disputing that at all. However, if you read back through it, one side in particular seems to respond frequently with personal attacks and labels of shame. Are you saying that's ok because the other side was really annoying?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Uh huh. He’s definitely the asshole. Roll Eyes
. Has he been around lately?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

What the heck happened to Entropy, haven't see anything from in a long while?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post