SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Recent data from the top ranked UW School of Medicine.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-viru...spite-161924116.html

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the Spanish Flu was also a creation of the talking heads.

You all deserve each other.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Recent data from the top ranked UW School of Medicine.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-viru...spite-161924116.html

From the article: "The trajectory of the pandemic will change -- and dramatically for the worse -- if people ease up on social distancing or relax with other precautions."

If taking these precautions reduces the death rate to the "80,000" citizens, it will be a major accomplishment (versus 750,000 to a Million or more citizens).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I said on page 2 of this thread, back on Jan 21st, that "Yes, another manufactured crisis, again."

Two months later, I still have not seen anything that changes my mind. Still shaking my head in disbelief at the Chicken Little scenarios being displayed every single day, and the mass easily being manipulated into gulping them down. I'm glad there are still some people on this board (Para, erj_pilot, jljones, etc...) who don't buy into this shit. But, it seems like we're in the minority, sadly.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I am noticing something that looks quite promising and hopefully it is as everyone hoped -

Warmer weather may help get rid of it.

If you look at southern places that should be covered up, infection is a lot lower. Orlando with Disney World and travelers from all over the world until last week should have been an explosion. Other major southern cities are considerably lower than similarly sized northern cities.

Detroit metro hospitals are now reaching max capacity.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

If you look at southern places that should be covered up, infection is a lot lower. Orlando with Disney World and travelers from all over the world until last week should have been an explosion.

The last 14 days, we have hit 81 degrees or higher every single day. 12 of those days were 84 or higher. 9 of those days were 88 or higher.

I hope they are right.

Posts: 2287 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I am noticing something that looks quite promising and hopefully it is as everyone hoped -

If you look at southern places that should be covered up, infection is a lot lower. Orlando with Disney World and travelers from all over the world until last week should have been an explosion. Other major southern cities are considerably lower than similarly sized northern cities.

Detroit metro hospitals are now reaching max capacity.

I've heard that there have been three studies into this that seem to show a correlation between warn, humid air and lower infection rates. One explanation was that the airborne droplets become bigger when it's warm and humid, and fall to the ground quickly.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

That' been dispelled and if you look at Australia's recent average temps, well over 90 degrees F, you will see that warm temps have not helped much; in fact their diagnosed cases are increasing daily.

https://www.worldometers.info/...s/country/australia/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Global warming to the rescue!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL that’s hilarious I don’t care who you are.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

That' been dispelled and if you look at Australia's recent average temps, well over 90 degrees F, you will see that warm temps have not helped much; in fact their diagnosed cases are increasing daily.

https://www.worldometers.info/...s/country/australia/

IMO too soon to say that disproves the theory.

I wonder how their number of diagnosed cases compares to the number of tests conducted. If they conduct more tests every day, of course they will see an increase in the number of positive diagnoses. IMO the number of tests should always be published alongside the number of positive diagnoses.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
People: We are responsible for nobody in our lives except ourselves and our immediate family. If you feel that you (or your family) need protecting from some form of virus, the only advice I can give is to hide in your homes until all the viruses are gone. Do not go outside. Do not get groceries. Do not go to work. Continue to live in fear and in the end, I'll guarantee that you are still gonna die. It's simple. You can live or you can live in fear!

For those that believe the "social distancing" stuff is what is cutting down on the rate of transmission: get a clue. The people that are infected are not in a true quarantine and never will be. They will still interact with others and those others will interact with you. Some groups are more susceptible, so I can understand a higher level of caution for them, but overall, this shit will blow over just like every other calamity before it. Oh, and not only will it blow over.....IT WILL BE PART OF OUR LIVES FOREVER MORE, just like SARS, West Nile, Ebola, H1N1, and whatever other bullshit was supposed to have killed us in the past. The media makes money when there is a panic. Watch the movie HOAXED. It'll open your eyes to what a bunch of money grubbing whores the media is.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Right now, right this second, the USA is 3rd in the world in cases. Less than 24 hours from now, on Friday, the USA passes both Italy and China numbers and will be in first place.

What this means? China's numbers are as fake as a strippers tits. Yeah the world totally believes those numbers. Not. And point 2, we are entering a point of rapid exponential growth and the next few weeks will be interesting.

As of 330 PM eastern

China 81,285 cases
Italy 80,589 cases
USA 79,082 cases

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
China's numbers are as fake as a strippers tits. Yeah the world totally believes those numbers. Not. And point 2, we are entering a point of rapid exponential growth and the next few weeks will be interesting.

Yes. We are ramping up our testing. We are a much larger country than Italy. China's numbers are fake.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I said on page 2 of this thread, back on Jan 21st, that "Yes, another manufactured crisis, again."

Two months later, I still have not seen anything that changes my mind. Still shaking my head in disbelief at the Chicken Little scenarios being displayed every single day, and the mass easily being manipulated into gulping them down. I'm glad there are still some people on this board (Para, erj_pilot, jljones, etc...) who don't buy into this shit. But, it seems like we're in the minority, sadly.

I'm in your corner. The most stressful part of my day, and I am married, father of two daughters, boss of 14 employees, is discussing this disease with my fellow NY'ers. Ugh, I understand its contagious and scary but get a grip. One of my employees, who was the most concerned for his safety when we discussed coming back to work, still refuses to wear gloves and got butt hurt when I scolded him for spitting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
People: We are responsible for nobody in our lives except ourselves and our immediate family. If you feel that you (or your family) need protecting from some form of virus, the only advice I can give is to hide in your homes until all the viruses are gone. Do not go outside. Do not get groceries. Do not go to work. Continue to live in fear and in the end, I'll guarantee that you are still gonna die. It's simple. You can live or you can live in fear!

Actually it would be the smart move to quarantine yourself in your house for as long as possible with no outside contact. Would you rather get it now, or in 9 months? If you get it now, the hospitals are literally melting down, they are out of supplies and out of ventilators. If you get it in 9 months, manufacturing will have kicked in, there will be an abundance of mask, gowns, protective gear for the staff, and an abundance of ventilators. AND in 9 months, they will know a lot more about the virus, and will be better able to treat the symptoms. They will come up with a best practices treatment plan that saves lives. And they just dont have that knowledge currently.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
How is it that our health care professionals have been caught flat-footed regarding protective equipment?
All I have heard about for weeks is how low our supply is on stuff like face masks, etc.

For fuck’s sake, what does the management staff of these hospitals get paid for?
Is it crazy to think there could be a pandemic from time to time (bad flu season, different unexpected strain of flu affecting more people than usual, a Covid virus…whatever)?

How about making sure you have a stockpile of stuff like that on hand, you know…in case it’s needed?
N-95 mask shortage? Seriously? Idiots.

If they had listened to Para, they would have bought it cheap and stacked it deep when times were quiet.
Like we have all done regarding guns and ammunition. You won’t find us standing in a bread-line at the local gun store.

Feel free to continue panicking.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Actually it would be the smart move to quarantine yourself in your house for as long as possible with no outside contact. Would you rather get it now, or in 9 months? If you get it now, the hospitals are literally melting down, they are out of supplies and out of ventilators. If you get it in 9 months, manufacturing will have kicked in, there will be an abundance of mask, gowns, protective gear for the staff, and an abundance of ventilators. AND in 9 months, they will know a lot more about the virus, and will be better able to treat the symptoms. They will come up with a best practices treatment plan that saves lives. And they just dont have that knowledge currently.

All the hospitals are melting down? For Pete’s sake. Talk about sensationalism.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Man, even members here are parroting the media buzz words.
I'm just shocked they didn't eat up the global warming and gun violence epidemic as well.

And yeah, remember how the media portrays the dem's political rallies? The camera is all panned in on a tight shot where it looks like a bazilliion excited people but the next shot is from a few hundred feel back and it's just about 15 people huddled together.
Do ya think they just might be doing that same shit whenever they show scenes from the hospitals they are claiming to be all overrun with zombies? Ya think?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post