SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 328

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2 Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
26-year-old Cody Pfister

Hope he is homeless and working at, well, shit-shoveler forever.

26? How many actual adults don't understand they are responsible for their actions by that time? Shit, I'd been working for 16 years. And that woman over there was swelling up... Razz



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 10285 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
26-year-old Cody Pfister

Hope he is homeless and working at, well, shit-shoveler forever.

26? How many actual adults don't understand they are responsible for their actions by that time? Shit, I'd been working for 16 years. And that woman over there was swelling up... Razz


The kids down the road from me doing it got off Scott free.

Link



Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
 
Posts: 16071 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Not sure if this has been posted, but FWIW, one of the most sensible pieces of information I’ve seen.


That's timely Tanner, thanks. My FIL passed last week in Florida. My wife has been with her mother since then. She planned to drive her up here to St Louis to spend a few weeks with us as she's not ready to stay home alone - all alone - as the rest of the family is in this area. We're sheltering in place, only going out for necessities, but is it more dangerous to bring her here? She's in good health but over 70. We're thinking hard on what to do. No good choices.
 
Posts: 681 | Location: STL MO | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
 
 
Question: is this stimulus money going to be considered taxable income, when I file my 2020 return?


 
Posts: 273 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hoping someone can help me out here. I read this afternoon that some liberal (moron) governor had issued an executive order banning doctors from prescribing Chloroquine for Coronavirus patients. Going back now, I can't find the article. Anyone else see this and can point us to a link discussing this item?

If this is true, this is beyond insane.

Never mind, found it... https://www.washingtontimes.co...ans-malaria-drugs-c/

Congrats Nevada, you elected both a moron and a tin horn dictator wannabe. This is indeed insane that a fricking politician (some of the absolute dumbest morons on the planet) would insert himself into medical decisions. Wow! Just wow!


-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
The memes have been the best part of this thread.



Facts don't care about your feelings.
—Ben Shapiro
 
Posts: 1733 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Hoping someone can help me out here. I read this afternoon that some liberal (moron) governor had issued an executive order banning doctors from prescribing Chloroquine for Coronavirus patients. Going back now, I can't find the article. Anyone else see this and can point us to a link discussing this item?

If this is true, this is beyond insane.

It took a second to Google: https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/...oronavirus-patients/



Facts don't care about your feelings.
—Ben Shapiro
 
Posts: 1733 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
He banned it's use by doctors, then later said it's OK only if prescribed by doctors. Not sure who's prescribing it for random people, but if it's happening, problem solved.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25...vada-trnd/index.html



Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
 
Posts: 16071 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Hoping someone can help me out here. I read this afternoon that some liberal (moron) governor had issued an executive order banning doctors from prescribing Chloroquine for Coronavirus patients. Going back now, I can't find the article. Anyone else see this and can point us to a link discussing this item?

If this is true, this is beyond insane.

It took a second to Google: https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/...oronavirus-patients/
Thanks for the link, not so much the sarcasm.


-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
He banned it's use by doctors, then later said it's OK only if prescribed by doctors. Not sure who's prescribing it for random people, but if it's happening, problem solved.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25...vada-trnd/index.html
The question Nevadans need to be asking is why this moron is even within 10k feet of this issue. The is a medical decision. End of story.


-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
 
Posts: 29522 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow, three weeks time and we went from 169 cases to 69,000 cases and over 1,000 deaths.



Hopefully the next three weeks is better.



Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
 
Posts: 16071 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Drudge says that Trump hater Kathy Griffin might have Covid-19. You know the stupid fuck holding the bloody severed head.


.
 
Posts: 8547 | Location: The Beaver State | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Wow, three weeks time and we went from 169 cases to 69,000 cases and over 1,000 deaths.



Even with discounting for increased "testing", the dead in hard-hit or lagging-sites are a reasonable indicator of things to come.

Happy Easter.



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 10285 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Drudge says that Trump hater Kathy Griffin might have Covid-19. ...



Bye Felica...




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
 
Posts: 40340 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Not sure who's prescribing it for random people, but if it's happening, problem solved.

Or, not. Welcome to Jackson.



You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

 
Posts: 10285 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
But my kid is out of work and can't make his car payment. He asked me for the money. He's 17.
Ouch, I assume whoever cosigned the loan is on the hook then.


That would be his fiscally irresponsible mother. Of course I wasn't consulted when either of my kids bought vehicles that they had to sink every dime they made into. So it is a learning experience for them for sure.

As far as checks for kids I've read that single parent head of household gets it also. But I don't file head of household because I'm a non-custodial parent. But I do claim him on my taxes as a dependent because of our divorce agreement. We will see. If I get the money I'll give it to him, reluctantly. Only reluctantly because he texted me as if it was his money. I don't like my kids having an entitled attitude.




These go to eleven.
 
Posts: 10353 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed it, but it seems we don't hear much coming out of Russia............any useful information on how they're dealing with it?


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 3746 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, MN Governor Walz showed several graphs as justification for his Stay at Home order. He said "It's too late to flatten the curve". His two graphs showed peaks of infection with or without mitigation efforts. The shape and amplitude of the peaks was identical except one was displaced by a few weeks. This supposedly would give time for supplies and facilities to be in place to increase ICU availability.


WTF? Is he really saying that practicing good hygiene and minimizing social contact has NO effect on the rate of disease transmission? I find that hard to believe.
 
Posts: 8248 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Yesterday, MN Governor Walz showed several graphs as justification for his Stay at Home order. He said "It's too late to flatten the curve". His two graphs showed peaks of infection with or without mitigation efforts. The shape and amplitude of the peaks was identical except one was displaced by a few weeks. This supposedly would give time for supplies and facilities to be in place to increase ICU availability.


WTF? Is he really saying that practicing good hygiene and minimizing social contact has NO effect on the rate of disease transmission? I find that hard to believe.


From what you describe, it sounds like the graphs said it for him.

Not an excuse not to use proper hygiene and sanitize, naturally. And I’ll hazard a guess: perhaps they feel enough people might have already been unknowingly exposed, that it won’t make a significant difference once we stop the stay at home if it is a 21 day incubation? That’s just a guess.


__________________________

"Trust, but verify."
 
Posts: 3956 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Yesterday, MN Governor Walz showed several graphs as justification for his Stay at Home order. He said "It's too late to flatten the curve". His two graphs showed peaks of infection with or without mitigation efforts. The shape and amplitude of the peaks was identical except one was displaced by a few weeks. This supposedly would give time for supplies and facilities to be in place to increase ICU availability.


WTF? Is he really saying that practicing good hygiene and minimizing social contact has NO effect on the rate of disease transmission? I find that hard to believe.


Graphs are charts are shiny and are more convincing when you are stealing people’s Rights from them and claiming it’s for their own good.




www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33757 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 328 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2

© SIGforum 2020